The field is set for New Japan Cup USA.
Over the past four weeks, qualifying matches have been held on NJPW Strong for New Japan Cup USA. Eight men have qualified for the tournament and now the bracket has been revealed. The following eight men have qualified with the man they beat listed as well.
- Tom Lawlor (defeated The DKC)
- Lio Rush (defeated Rocky Romero)
- Fred Rosser (defeated JR Kratos)
- Hikuleo (defeated Jordan Clearwater)
- Brody King (defeated Bateman)
- Ren Narita (defeated Misterioso)
- Clark Connors (defeated TJP)
- Chris Dickinson (defeated Blake Christian)
The first round matches are as followed:
- Clark Connors vs. Lio Rush
- Brody King vs. Chris Dickinson
- Ren Narita vs. Tom Lawlor
- Hikuleo vs. Fred Rosser
The tournament will begin on the Friday, April 2 episode of Strong and will run through April. The winner will receive a title shot against the IWGP United States Champion.
KENTA won the 2020 New Japan Cup, but failed in his bid to capture the IWGP United States Title from Jon Moxley.
You can find results from past episodes of NJPW Strong at Fightful's results section.