Tom Lawlor will face a legend in his next NJPW Strong Openweight Title bout.
NJPW announced Satoshi Kojima will challenge Lawlor for the Strong Openweight Title on the July 23 episode of NJPW Strong, which is also the 50th episode of the show.
The undercard will feature the semifinals of Tag Team Turbulence.
After Tom Lawlor defeated Karl Fredericks two weeks ago at Ignition to retain the STRONG Openweight Championship, Satoshi Kojima was quick to step up as the Team Filthy leader’s third challenger. When Kojima promised that he would ‘kick (Lawlor’s) arse’, the champion responded that he would accept the challenge, which just needed a time and place.
Now we have both, as Kojima vs Lawlor is confirmed for July 23 on NJPW STRONG! This stacked landmark 50th episode of NJPW STRONG will see the semi finals of Tag Team Turbulence, and a huge championship main event!
Here's a look at the upcoming schedule for NJPW Strong:
NJPW Strong Road to Tag Team Turbulence (Friday, July 9)
- Josh Alexander vs. Rocky Romero
- PJ Black vs. Alex Coughlin
- The DKC vs. Barrett Brown
NJPW Strong Tag Team Turbulence (Friday, July 16)
- First round match: The Good Brothers vs. Clark Connors & TJP
- First round match: Yuji Nagata & Ren Narita vs. Fred Yehi & Wheeler Yuta
- First round match: Kevin Knight & The DKC vs. Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs
- First round match: Brody King & Chris Dickinson vs. JR Kratos & Danny Limelight
NJPW Strong Tag Team Turbulence (Friday, July 23)
- NJPW Strong Openweight Championship: Tom Lawlor (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima
- Tag Team Turbulence Semifinal: Nagata & Narita or Yehi & Yuta vs. The Good Brothers or Clark Connors & TJP
- Tag Team Turbulence Semifinal: Kevin Knight & The DKC or Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs vs. Brody King & Chris Dickinson or JR Kratos & Danny Limelight
NJPW Strong Tag Team Turbulence (Friday, July 30)
- Tag Team Turbulence Final
Fightful will have results from NJPW Strong following the conclusion of each episode. You can find results from past episodes at Fightful's results section.