Here's your Fight Size wrestling Update for New Japan Pro Wrestling's Wrestle Kingdom 13 show.
- After The Young Bucks' Three-Way IWGP Tag Titles match at Wrestle Kingdom 13, Matt Jackson took to Twitter to say thank you to Japan as they are now embarking on launching their All Elite Wrestling promotion.
Thank you Japan.— The Young Bucks (@MattJackson13) January 4, 2019
- NJPW announced that the G1 Climax 29 tournament will kick off on July 6th at the 'American Airlines Center' in Dallas. The company is also holding a show in London on August 31st and they will have back-to-back Tokyo Dome shows on January 4th for Wrestle Kingdom 14 and January 5th which in tradition is New Year's Dash.
- Togi Makabe, Toru Yano and Ryusuke Taguchi are taking on the Guerrillas Of Destiny and the new IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Taiji Ishimori for the NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Titles at New Year's Dash.
- Kota Ibushi was stretchered out after his match against Will Ospreay.
No Good: Kota Ibushi legitimately knocked out by Will Ospreay's elbow, had to be stretchered out. Ospreay picks up the NEVER Openweight Championship due to injury of Ibushi. #njwk13 pic.twitter.com/FlwZixhuhz— GIF Skull - #njwk13 "Wrestling from Japan" (@GIFSkull) January 4, 2019
Arm/Elbow. Right near the point where your arm ends and your elbow begins. Apologies if the first tweet isn't "exact". Yes, this is legitimate and Ibushi was stretchered out. You can hear the yell of "Finish". This was not the planned result. -- #njwk13 pic.twitter.com/NFxf2zyUxU— GIF Skull - #njwk13 "Wrestling from Japan" (@GIFSkull) January 4, 2019
- Zack Sabre Jr. won the RPW British Heavyweight Title for a third time.
- Tanga Loa and EVIL reflected on their IWGP Tag Team Titles match.
Although the outcome was not what I wanted I am grateful to thee @NickJacksonYB @MattJackson13 @151012EVIL and Sanada for our match tonight. Looking forward to what the future has in store for all of us. #WK13— Tanga Loa (@TangaloaNJPW) January 4, 2019
- Tama Tonga dubbed himself "The Good Guy" at Wrestle Kingdom and showed signs that he's turned over a new leaf.
- After Juice Robinson won the IWGP U.S. Heavyweight Title, he celebrated in the ring and accidentally dropped the belt.
- KUSHIDA did a "Back To The Future" entrance last night involving a young child and Ryusuke Taguchi.
- Kazuchika Okada returned to his former self at Wrestle Kingdom 13. He had his old theme music and sported his signature short trunks.
- The former IWGP Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho posted photos of his ring gear and the welts that were on his body after his match against Tetsuya Naito.
- Kenny Omega posted his first tweet since losing the IWGP Heavyweight Championship to Hiroshi Tanahashi in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 13.