Here is your NXT Fight Size update for the afternoon of 8/20/19.
- WWE Now looks at NXT moving to USA. You can view their report in the video above.
- In case you missed it, WWE officially announced that NXT will be moving to USA Network beginning on Sept. 18.
- There was speculation over what NXT moving to USA would mean for Mauro Ranallo, who isn't Vince McMahon's cup of tea as an announcer. Ranallo addressed those rumors on social media.
One more time for the kids in the back (& because Twitter can never take things at face value) I WILL BE ANNOUNCING @WWENXT ON @USA_Network EVERY WEDNESDAY AT @FullSail Now back to your regularly scheduled trol-I mean tweeting.------ #NXTOnUSA— Mauro Ranallo (@mauroranallo) August 20, 2019
- NXT was scheduled to hold television tapings on Sept. 11 and 12. With the show going live every Wednesday, those tapings have been canceled. Fans who purchased tickets to the Sept. 11 tapings will be granted access to the Sept. 18 show while fans who had tickets for Sept. 12 can use them for the Sept. 25 episode.
- Britt Baker will battle Adam Cole on Wednesday nights.
Battle of the messy buns and Wednesday nights. ---- pic.twitter.com/8tUq18M0on— Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. (@RealBrittBaker) August 20, 2019
- Adam Cole and Johnny Gargano react to the news.
I told you...@WWENXT as a brand is bigger, better, and stronger with the #UndisputedERA in it. You can thank us for the move to @USA_Network on September 18th. Only the beginning...#BayBay #AdamColeBayBay pic.twitter.com/pLdTOxhalV— Adam Cole (@AdamColePro) August 20, 2019
- Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp hasn't heard of NXT changing things up despite the network switch.
Based on my interactions this morning, I've not heard of any real immediate adjustments that are planned for NXT as of yet— Sean Ross Sapp Of Fightful.com And The Twltter (@SeanRossSapp) August 20, 2019
- NXT TakeOver specials will remain on the WWE Network. The show will be available on-demand on the Network every Thursday beginning at 8 p.m. ET.
- Beyond Wrestling, who ran Uncharted Territory on Wednesday nights, weighed in on the NXT move. Season two of Uncharted Territory will now be held on Thursday nights.
"Over the long term our goal is to develop a following that can be monetized to the same level as our flagship programs..."— Beyond Wrestling (@beyondwrestling) August 20, 2019
It's got nothing to do with what the fans want, nothing to do with what's best for the wrestlers, and nothing to do with the quality of the programming.
No, I'm going to work to run a better weekly wrestling show, even if we play to a smaller audience, because at the end of the day, everything going to cable TV on Wednesday nights has my fingerprints all over it. https://t.co/lVRAv0b5bf— Beyond Wrestling (@beyondwrestling) August 20, 2019
- See more superstar reactions to the move by clicking here.