NXT Talent Speaks About Recent Release

Hugo Knox has spoken out about his WWE release.

The former NXT talent confirmed his departure from the company recently on Twitter. He said the following about the situation.

"I'd like to confirm that through mutual agreement I have parted company with WWE. I would sincerely like to thank all those helped me through my time with the company including Coaches, professional peers, friends and supportive fans alike. I have nothing but respect for the industry and business which people work tirelessly to succeed in. It's been an extraordinary learning curve and has left me a better person for the experience," Knox said.

Knox, real name Stuart Tomlinson, had been with WWE since December 2013. Prior to that, he played professional soccer where he was a goalkeeper. He had played for Crewe Alexandra, Barrow, Port Vale, and Burton Albion. Knox has changed his Twitter handle to @StuTomo85, a previous handle he had used. His handle while with WWE was @HugoKnoxWWE.

Prior to his announcement and others reporting his departure, Knox alluded to a release from the company. He responded to a few tweets about his potential NXT debut (on WWE Network). One fan tweeted "King when will you debut on NXT on TV? :(" and Knox responded with "LOL..." Another fan asked "how long till we get to see you on tv shows not just house shows buddy," and Knox responded "Could be a while..."

According to Internet Wrestling Database, Knox wrestled his first NXT match in a 6 man tag team match November 8, 2014, in Daytona Beach. The tag team of Knox, Elias Samson and Steve Cutler lost to Angelo Dawkins, Chad Gable and Sawyer Fulton. His last match was earlier this year, August 13 in Fort Pierce, Florida, where he lost to Wesley Blake.

From The Web