Here is your fight size update for Saturday, May 22, 2021.
- On the newest episode of Talking Smack, Paul Heyman called "bullshit" on Apollo Crews not knowing that Aleister Black would help him retain the Intercontinental Championship on SmackDown. Heyman says he tried to contact Black for over six months but couldn't get ahold of him. Here is what he said (as seen in the video above):
"The reason I'm envious is because I've been reaching out for Aleister Black for six, seven months now. I had ideas for Aleister Black. I had plans for Aleister Black. Ghosted me."
- Dwayne Johnson is currently filming Black Adam for Warner Bros. and DC Comics. He took to Instagram to share a photo of the film's set. Take a look!
- On a recent Q&A episode of his 83 Weeks podcast (via AdFreeShows), Eric Bischoff said he didn't have a big problem with zombies being involved in Miz and Damian Priest's lumberjack match because he knew why they were there. Reaching new demographics and aligning with someone like Netflix is never a bad thing. As for whether it was worthwhile or not, he only had one question:
“That depends on one thing: how big was the check?"
Transcription via Dominic DeAngelo of WrestleZone.
- The newest WWE Top 10 takes a look back at this week’s Friday Night SmackDown to revisit the show’s most thrilling, physical and controversial moments. Watch below.
- WWE has shared an extended behind-the-scenes look at Tamina and Natalya's Women's Tag Team Title victory on the May 14 episode of SmackDown.
Thank you for this------ Can’t tell you enough how much I love and appreciate everyone who was a part of this journey-------- https://t.co/s01srxJpxA— Tamina Snuka (@TaminaSnuka) May 22, 2021
- Shimmer Wrestling shared a piece of mail they received 10 years ago from Bayley.
- Speaking with Wrestling Inc. Tyson Kidd said that WWE covered a lot of expenses for him after he injured his neck in June 2015 against Samoa Joe. Here is what he said:
“The medical has stepped up quite a bit. With my injuries, my neck and my knee, the [WWE] took care of absolutely everything. I have had, luckily, the best surgeons in the world work on me, and that is through the WWE. Obviously, I wouldn’t have hurt my knee if I wasn’t wrestling that day in Green Bay, Wisconsin, for the WWE. But they didn’t hurt my knee, it was just a thing. But they took care of every single aspect of my knee, and the same with my neck.”
- Pat McAfee has released the newest edition of his “Mr. Friday Night” vlog (as seen below). In this episode, he shares some footage from WrestleMania Backlash as well as him meeting up with WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.