A new match has been booked for NJPW Windy City Riot.
The promotion has announced that a Tag Team Match will kick off the action Saturday night when Kevin Knight and The DKC take on CHAOS' Rocky Romero and Wheeler Yuta. This bout will take place during the pre-show, and fans are encouraged to arrive 30 minutes early so as not to miss it.
The updated card for the show can be seen below.
Fans in Chicago will get a special bonus tag match to kick off the action Saturday night at Windy City Riot!
Kevin Knight and The DKC have continued to improve over the weeks and months spent in the LA Dojo, and have formed quite the impressive tag team. They’ll be going up against a CHAOS side in Rocky Romero and Wheeler Yuta that, while more experienced and capable on paper, might have some behind the scenes issues to work on.
Wheeler Yuta was accepted into CHAOS along with the Best Friends by Rocky Romero last summer, but recent weeks on AEW programming have seen him courted by the Blackpool Fight Club of William Regal, Bryan Danielson and Jon Moxley. That’s seen a rift appear between Yuta and Best Friends; Romero meanwhile has often played peacekeeper within CHAOS, and will be doing so again alongside Yuta in Chicago.
Make sure you get to your seats at 6:30 PM, 30 minutes before bell for this intriguing tag bout!
NJPW Windy City Riot (4/16)
- Jon Moxley vs. Will Ospreay
- Jay White Open Challenge
- Team Rosser (Fred Rosser, Chris Dickinson, Ren Narita, Alex Coughlin & Josh Alexander) vs. Team Filthy (Danny Limelight, Jorel Nelson, Royce Isaacs, JR Kratos & Black Tiger)
- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki
- Bullet Club (Chris Bey, Good Brothers, Hikuleo, Chris Bey El Phantasmo, and Scott Norton) vs. United Empire (Aaron Henare, Great-O-Khan, Jeff Cobb,TJP, Mark Davis, and Kyle Fletcher)
- NJPW STRONG Openweight Championship: Tom Lawlor (c) vs. Yuji Nagata
- Chicago Street Fight: TMDK & Bad Dude Tito vs. FinJuice & Brody King
- The Factory vs. LA Dojo
- CHAOS vs. LA Dojo
Fans can find results from past NJPW events in Fightful's results section.