For the second straight year, the Ring of Honor World Title will be on the line at New Japan Pro Wrestling's Wrestle Kingdom event.
Kyle O'Reilly will defend his newly captured title in a rematch against Adam Cole, on Jan. 4 from the Tokyo Dome, Fightful has confirmed.
O'Reilly defeated his former tag partner Cole for the title Dec. 2 at ROH's Final Battle 2016 event in New York City, in a hard-hitting match that left both men bloody and covered in thumbtacks. Both also have appeared semi-regularly for New Japan as of late, as part of the continuing working relationship between the two promotions.
Last year, Jay Lethal put the ROH World Title on the line against Michael Elgin at Wrestle Kingdom.
The Observer also reported that Scott Norton is slated to be part of the pre-show battle royal at Wrestle Kingdom, which has staggered entrants, Royal Rumble style. Jado won last year's pre-show battle royal, in which surprise participants included Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Great Kabuki, and Haku.
Here is the current card for Wrestle Kingdom 11. With NJPW's World Tag League tournament set to conclude on Saturday, more matches for Wrestle Kingdom should be announced next week.
* Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Title vs. Kenny Omega
* Tetsuya Naito defends the IWGP Intercontinental Title vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
* KUSHIDA defends the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title vs. Hiromu Takahashi (aka Kamaitachi)
* Young Bucks defend the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Titles vs. Roppongi Vice
* Kyle O'Reilly defends the ROH World Title vs. Adam Cole
- From The Web