On Monday's Raw, WWE allowed some extra personnel into the building. Along with the usual Performance Center recruits, WWE had non-employees in the crowd as well.
The non-PC recruits were friends of the roster.
According to Louis Dangoor of WrestleTalk, WWE talent didn't know that non-roster members would be allowed inside the Performance Center for the show.
Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer adds that those in the crowd were not allowed to wear a mask. WWE started using PC recruits as ringside fans over the last few weeks and during that time, very few, if any, have been shown on camera wearing a mask. WWE sent out a memo in April telling talent to wear masks at the Performance Center, but noted the masks would be removed when the cameras were rolling. Dave Meltzer said people were told "not to come" if they wanted to wear a mask on Monday.
Near the end of Raw, WWE announced a developmental talent had tested positive for COVID-19. As previously reported, WWE had not been testing for COVID-19, only checking temperatures and taking other measures as talent entered the Performance Center.
WWE canceled Tuesday's tapings to test all talent and staff. Mojo Rawley took to social media to confirm he had been tested. Fightful has learned that ongoing testing has been taking place all morning into 2 PM.
WWE sent the following, disputing the claims from Meltzer
“Fans have not been in attendance at WWE events since March 13. Yesterday, a select number of friends and family were permitted to attend WWE’s TV production. These individuals were required to participate in medical screenings prior to entering the closed set at our training facility, and were kept apart from in-ring performers and production personnel. Attendance was below 20% capacity and social distancing guidelines were adhered to with at least six feet between parties, thus face masks were not required.”
Jon Alba also posted a thread noting that he'd heard those in attendance were not discouraged from wearing masks.
NEW: Multiple fans in attendance at Monday's #WWE tapings tell me they were NOT told they couldn't wear masks. Several reports in the last 24 hours have indicated they were told they couldn't wear them. WWE has released the following statement to me and @MyNews13 on the matter: pic.twitter.com/7lxSEtZyc1— Jon Alba (@JonAlba) June 16, 2020
Fightful will continue to update fans on the situation as more unfolds.