Here are results from the first night of Impact tapings. This is the start of another new regime, this time with Scott D’Amore and Don Callis in charge:
* In a dark match, Caleb Konley defeated Rohit Raju.
* Matt Sydal defeated Falalh Bahh to retain the Grand Championship. This was held under regular rules with no judges.
* Lashley defeated KM.
* Kiera Hogan defeated Laurel Van Ness after Van Ness was distracted by Allie.
- LAX came out for a promo. Konnan called out oVe. Sami Callihan said they hate LAX and the Impact Zone because they hate everything. But he respects LAX, and they have bigger fish to fry. In 2018, they’ll be champions again. Konnan says that there aren’t bigger fish to fry, that they are the whole tag division. This brings out Trevor Lee and Caleb Konley, who jump LAX from behind, forming a team.
* Moose and Johnny Impact defeated EC3 and Alberto El Patron.
- Eli Drake came out to celebrate his life. He gave out a list of facts when Austin Aries made his return to the promotion. He was offended that Drake called himself The Greatest Man That Ever Lived and wanted a title match. Chris Adonis jumped him from behind, which set up...
* Austin Aries defeated Eli Drake to win the Impact world title.
* Taiji Ishimori and Matt Sydal defeated Rohit Raju and El Hijo de Fantasma.
* Cult of Lee (Trevor Lee and Caleb Konely) defeated T.E.C.H
- LAX were on the screen following the previous match. They say they’re coming after Cult of Lee and there’s nothing they can do.
* Laurel Van Ness defeated Kiera Hogan. She continued to beat down Hogan after the match, but Allie made the save and posed with the title.
* Hania defeated Amber Nova. Rosemary came in and attacked her after the match, but Hania ran away.
* Johnny Impact defeated EC3 and Moose in a triple threat match to become number one contender for the Impact title. Moose had to be helped to the back after the match, there may be a legit injury to his leg.
* In an Xplosion match, oVe defeated T.E.C.H.
* In another Xplosion match, Rosemary defeated Amber Nova.