Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for AEW Dynamite. We'll be bringing you full, fight by fight coverage of every bout on the card. You can also send in your feedback on our Disqus boards below!
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. Dark Order (Stu Grayson & Evil Uno)
The action begins before the bell as Dark Order members attack The Young Bucks during their entrance, Grayson and Uno come out as Nick is tosses in the ring. The bell sounds and the match begins with Uno attacking a cornered Nick with strikes, Grayson tags in and he attacks a cornered Nick with strikes of his own. Nick fights back and Grayson tosses him out of the ring, Matt returns and he takes out Dark Order members with a dive from the stage. Grayson then takes out Matt with a suicide dive, Uno tags in and he works over Nick before tagging Grayson back in. Grayson drops Nick before landing a penalty kick, Uno tags in and he attacks a cornered Nick with strikes before tagging Grayson in. Nick fights back and he manages to tag Matt into the match, Matt quickly starts cleaning house against the opposing team. Nick tags in and he double teams Grayson alongside Matt, Uno hits the ring and he gets double teamed by The Bucks. Nick then hits Grayson with a thrust kick followed by a leg sweep, Matt tags in and Uno makes a blind tag before hitting Matt with a release German suplex.
Uno follows up by nailing Matt with a leg drop for a near fall, Grayson tags back in and he gets Matt to the ring apron before landing a slingshot swanton bomb. Grayson follows up by choking Matt on the middle rope, Uno tags back in and he rakes the back of Matt. Matt tries fighting back and Uno tries choking him with wrist tape, Uno pokes Matt in the eyes before tagging Grayson back in. Grayson then sends Matt out of the ring before landing a drop kick, Uno attacks Matt and gets him back in the ring while Grayson distracted the ref. Uno gets Matt into the corner while working him over, Matt fights back and Grayson drags him out of the ring. Matt recovers and he sends Grayson into the ring post, Matt gets back in the ring and Uno uses a ref distraction to hit Matt with a neck breaker. Matt fights back and he nails Uno with a spear, Grayson tags in and he double teams Matt alongside Uno. Matt fights back and he nails Grayson with a poison rana, Nick tags in and he cleans house against the opposing team. Nick then hits Uno with an x-factor before sending Grayson over the barricade, Nick then hits both opponents with super kicks.
Matt tags in and he double teams Uno alongside Nick, The Bucks then nail Uno with a Risky Business for a near fall. Nick interferes and he nails an elevated Uno with a swanton bomb, Nick tags in and Grayson gets a tag a short time later. Grayson and Uno double team both members of The Bucks, Dark Order land Ying & Yang on The Bucks for a near fall. Uno tags in and he nails Nick with a brain buster after a spin kick from Grayson for a near fall, Matt hits the ring and Grayson attacks him before making the rest of Dark Order block Matt from returning to the ring. Dark Order goes for Fatality and Nick counters with a roll up on Uno for a three count.
Winners: The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)
- Wardlow is backstage and he knocks on a door, MJF comes out and he addresses his cabinet while walking backstage.
- A video package airs featuring AEW tag teams naming their favorite tag teams of all time.
- MJF comes to the ring with his cabinet as we go to a commercial break.
- MJF is in the ring surrounded by his cabinet for another speech, MJF interrupts his speech to make sure that everybody is smiling. Nina shows some polling numbers and they show that MJF is ahead of AEW World Champion Jon Moxley, MJF says Moxley doesn’t care about the fans because he isn’t here tonight. MJF says he is partially responsible for Moxley’s absence because Moxley is afraid of him, MJF says Moxley isn’t used to dealing with someone who is more talented than him. MJF has his podium removed and he lays down to make sure that Moxley is comfortable, MJF says he started his campaign to ensure that AEW has great leadership. MJF says Moxley should give him the AEW World Title now instead of waiting for AEW All Out, MJF says the people deserve better. Moxley interrupts and MJF sends his security into the crowd to look out for him, Moxley attacks MJF from behind and he throws him into the podium. Moxley then hits MJF with a Paradigm Shift before heading backstage, Moxley gets a microphone and he says they won’t be even until they meet at AEW All Out.
- Highlights are shown of Sammy Guevara’s attack on Matt Hardy from last week, Alex Marvez interviews Hardy and he says that he won’t die. Hardy says he sees red and he’ll continue to see red until he makes Guevara bleed, Hardy says he will wait around until he finds Guevara tonight. Hardy attacks an innocent person whom he believed to be Guevara.
AEW TNT Championship
Cody (c) w/The Nightmare Family vs. Scorpio Sky
The match begins with Cody backing Sky into the corner, Sky and Cody exchange a few headlock takedowns until Cody stays down. Cody gets free and Sky drops him with a shoulder tackle, Sky avoids a leaping Cody and Cody leaves the ring. Cody gets back in the ring and Sky gets him in another headlock, Cody gets free and he sends Sky out of the ring with a hip toss. Sky gets back in the ring and he attacks Cody with a few strikes, Cody uses a clothesline to send himself and Sky out of the ring. Cody and Sky exchange a bunch of strikes on the arena floor, Cody and Sky get back in the ring and Sky lands some knee strikes. Cody recovers and he nails a charging Sky with a power slam, Sky leaves the ring and Cody follows him to get him back in the ring. Cody keeps Sky down while wrenching away on his arm, Cody releases the hold to land a few kicks on a downed Sky. Cody gets Sky in the corner and they exchange a few chops, Cody gets Sky back down while working over his arm. Cody follows up by nailing Sky with a delayed front suplex, Cody then gets a downed Sky in the bow and arrow stretch.
Sky gets free and he attacks Cody with some strikes to the injured ribs, Sky then drops Cody midsection first on the top rope. Sky gets Cody on the top rope and he hangs him upside down before landing some strikes, Sky leaves the ring and he sends Cody midsection first into the ring post. Sky gets back in the ring and he gets Cody in an abdominal stretch, Cody gets free and he gets out of the ring. Sky nails Cody with a slingshot cutter on the staging, Sky gets Cody back in the ring to get a near fall on a pin attempt. Sky’s back gives out on him during a suplex attempt and Cody gets him on the top rope, Cody follows him up there and he nails Sky with a superplex. Sky quickly catches Cody in a roll up for a near fall, Sky goes for a TKO and Cody counters with a Cross Rhodes for a near fall. Cody looks for a tombstone pile driver and Sky gets free to land a flat liner for a near fall, Sky goes for another slingshot cutter and Cody counters with another Cross Rhodes for a three count.
Winner: Cody w/The Nightmare Family, still the AEW TNT Champion
After the match, Dark Order appears on the big screen and Brodie Lee talks about Cody’s indiscretions against the Dark Order will get punished. Lee challenges Cody for the AEW TNT Title on August 22 during a special edition of AEW Dynamite.
- Another video package airs as Private Party talks about their favorite tag teams.
AEW World Tag Team Championship
Hangman Page & Kenny Omega (c) vs. Jurassic Express (Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy) w/Marko Stunt
The match begins with Omega backing Boy into the ropes before letting him go free, Stunt hopes on the ring apron and Omega slaps him. Omega then gets Boy in a headlock, Boy gets free and he trips up Omega before rolling him up for a one count. Boy gets Omega down before wrenching away on his arm, Boy follows up by nailing Omega with a springboard arm drag and drop kick for a near fall. Luchasaurus tags in and he double teams Omega alongside Boy for a near fall, Omega fights back and Luchasaurus corners him before landing some strikes. Boy tags in and he nails a downed Omega with a swanton bomb for a near fall, Omega recovers and he cracks Boy with a few strikes. Page makes a blind tag and he nails a downed Boy with a sliding lariat for a near fall, Page then hits a leaping Boy with a slam followed by a suplex for a near fall. Omega tags back in and he attacks Boy before tagging Page back in, Page and Omega double team Boy in the middle of the ring. Page gets Boy on the top rope before landing a springboard clothesline, Page gets Boy back in the ring before landing more strikes.
Omega tags in and he attacks a cornered Boy with some strikes, Omega gets Boy down before applying a front headlock to him. Omega backs Boy into the corner before landing a few strikes, Omega gets Boy on the top rope and he follows him up there. Boy knocks Omega off the ropes and he manages to tag Luchasaurus in, Luchasaurus quickly starts cleaning house against the opposing team. Luchasaurus nails both opponents with a series of head kicks, Luchasaurus then hits Page with a choke slam and standing moonsault for a near fall. Omega makes a blind tag and he traps Luchasaurus on the top rope before landing a V Trigger, Omega then hits Luchasaurus with multiple snap dragon suplexes. Boy hits the ring and he knocks Omega out of it, Omega takes out Stunt before eating a suicide dive from Boy. Omega recovers and he nails Boy with a snap dragon suplex on the arena floor, Omega then hits Luchasaurus with a fisherman buster suplex for a near fall. Page gets Boy in the ring before tagging into the match, Page and Omega then double team both opponents.
Luchasaurus fights back and he gets stopped before Boy gets taken out with a release German suplex, Luchasaurus recovers and he suplexes both opponents. Boy returns to hit Page with a frog splash and springboard tornado DDT, Luchasaurus grabs Stunt and he throws him at Omega. Luchasaurus then hits Page with a death valley driver for a near fall, Boy tags in and Page gets double teamed for a near fall. Omega hits the ring and he knocks Luchasaurus to the arena floor, Page picks up Boy and he power bombs him onto Luchasaurus while Luchasaurus was on the arena floor. Omega then takes everybody out with a suicide dive, Omega gets Boy back in the ring and Page lands a power bomb for a near fall. Omega tags in and he works with Page to land their finisher on Boy for a three count.
Winners: Hangman Page & Kenny Omega, still the AEW World Tag Team Champions
- Santana & Ortiz appear and they find Best Friends personal items and they destroy everything.
- The Butcher & The Blade pick their favorite tag teams.
- The Young Bucks & FTR are in the ring with The Rock N’ Roll Express and Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson. Matt Jackson talks about the inspiration The Rock N’ Roll Express had on them and tag team wrestling as a whole, Dax Harwood gets the microphone to say he is the biggest mark for Anderson and Blanchard. Harwood tells both legendary tag teams how they have paved the way for the tag teams of today, Ricky Morton gets the microphone and he talks about watching AEW. Morton talks about how The Young Bucks brought tag team wrestling back to the form it is in today, Anderson gets the microphone and he puts over The Bucks. Anderson calls The Rock N’ Roll Express the tag team of the century and FTR the best tag team in the world, Blanchard gets the microphone from The Rock N’ Roll Express and he talks about how neither FTR or The Bucks have the tag team title belts. Blanchard talks about Anderson interfering in the Shawn Spears versus Cody match from AEW All Out ’19, Shawn Spears comes out as The Rock N’ Roll Express attack Blanchard. Hardwood’s injured knee gets hurt against during the ruckus, FTR attack The Rock N’ Roll Express before nailing Morton with a spike pile driver.
- Alex Marvez interviews Mike Chioda, Chris Jericho interrupts and he praises Chioda before saying he wants him to officiate his match tonight. Jericho says he wants Chioda to do the “right thing” and Chioda says he’ll call it right down the middle.
Hikaru Shida vs. Heather Monroe
The match begins with Monroe attacking Shida with a ton of strikes as the bell sounds, Monroe then chokes Shida on the middle rope. Shida recovers and she nails Monroe with a knee strike, Shida mounts a downed Monroe to land more strikes. Shida follows up by nailing Monroe with a back breaker, Shida sends Monroe into the corner before missing an avalanche. Monroe traps Shida in the ropes before landing a double stomp for a near fall, Monroe looks for a scarf hold and Shida gets free before suplexing her into the corner. Shida cracks Monroe with multiple forearm strikes, Monroe then counters a falcon arrow with a roll up for a near fall. Shida gets Monroe in a horse collar and Monroe taps out.
Winner: Hikaru Shida
After the match, Tony Schiavone interviews Hikaru Shida and she says that she is still waiting for a challenger for AEW All Out.
- Jake Roberts and Lance Archer are backstage, Roberts addresses the fans while Archer attacks a bunch of people in the locker room. Archer rips Roberts’ shirt off and it says “Everybody Dies” on his back.
- A video package airs highlighting the feud between Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy.
$7,000 Obligation Match
Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho
The match begins with Cassidy and Jericho exchanging a bunch of strikes, Cassidy gains control and he attacks a cornered Jericho with a plethora of strikes. Cassidy follows up by nailing Jericho with a flying shoulder tackle, Cassidy knocks Jericho out of the ring before landing a dive and follow up strikes. Cassidy then sends Jericho into the side of the entrance stage, Cassidy follows up by sending Jericho into the barricade. Cassidy climbs to the top rope and he leaps off onto Jericho, Cassidy gets Jericho back in the ring before landing a top rope leaping DDT for a near fall. Jericho recovers and he boots a leaping Cassidy right in the face, Jericho follows up by nailing Cassidy with a back suplex. Jericho traps Cassidy near the ropes while landing some strikes, Cassidy fights back and Jericho gets him to the ring apron before knocking him to the arena floor with a springboard drop kick. Cassidy tries getting back in the ring and Jericho knocks him back to the arena floor, Jericho goes to the arena floor and he drops Cassidy onto the barricade. Jericho gets Cassidy back into the ring and he follows him in there, Jericho follows up by nailing Cassidy with a delayed vertical suplex for a near fall.
Jericho gets up and he hits Cassidy with a second delayed vertical suplex for another near fall, Cassidy tries getting up and he cracks Jericho with a few strikes. Jericho recovers to drop Cassidy and land a Lionsault for a near fall, Cassidy tries fighting back and he levels Jericho with a super kick. Cassidy follows up by cracking Jericho with a clothesline, Cassidy goes to the top rope and he lands a cross body block for a near fall. Cassidy then nails Jericho with a series of dragon screw leg whips, Cassidy leaps off the middle rope and Jericho catches him before applying the Walls Of Jericho. Cassidy gets free and he catches Jericho in a roll up for a near fall, Cassidy follows up by nailing Jericho with a dragon screw leg whip. Cassidy keeps Jericho down while applying an ankle lock to him, Jericho gets free and Cassidy nails him with a stunner after escaping a suplex. Jericho avoids a tornado DDT to hit Cassidy with a Code Breaker for a near fall, Jericho goes for his baseball bat and he tells referee Mike Chioda to turn around. The referee decides to take the baseball bat from Jericho and Cassidy rolls him up for a near fall, Cassidy then hits Jericho with a Michinoku Driver for a near fall. Cassidy cracks Jericho with a penalty kick followed by the Orange Punch, a brawl breaks out on stage and Jake Hager nails Cassidy with a slam behind the ref’s back.
Jericho recovers and he gets a near fall on the downed Cassidy, Jericho and Cassidy have a striking exchange in the middle of the ring. Jericho lands a low blow on Cassidy behind the ref’s back, Jericho goes for the Judas Effect and Cassidy counters with a roll up for a three count.
Winner: Orange Cassidy
- From The Web