Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for AEW Dynamite. We'll be bringing you full, fight-by-fight results of every match on the card. Follow us on Facebook &! Facebook.com/FIGHTFULONLINE and Instagram.com/FIGHTFULONLINE.
- AEW Commentator Excalibur begins the telecast welcoming back AEW Commentator Jim Ross. Ross comes out to The University of Oklahoma's fight song "Boomer Sooner." The Hall of Fame Commentator has returned to the screen for the first time in over a month as he was away fighting and beating cancer. Ross says, "It's Wednesday Night, and you know what that means."
Christian Cage, Jurassic Express, and Lucha Bros. (w/ Alex Abrahantes) vs. FTR, Private Party, and Matt Hardy (w/ Tully Blanchard)
The match begins with Cash Wheeler and Christian Cage. Wheeler takes down Cage with a quick takedown; however, Cage comes back up and hits Wheeler with a flapjack. Cage tags in Jungle Boy, Wheeler retreats, and tags in Dax Harwood. Jungle Boy and Harwood exchange thunderous chops in the corner turnbuckle.
Jungle Boy takes Harwood down with a back elbow and a quick dropkick. Jungle Boy tags back in Christian Cage, Cage works the ropes on Harwood. Harwood tags in Marq Quen and Jungle Boy tags in Penta El Zero M. Rey Fenix jumps in the ring, and both men double-team Marq Quen. Jungle Boy gets tagged back in, and Marq Quen soon makes it over to Matt Hardy for the tag. Hardy hits Jungle Boy with the Side Effect.
Hardy has the upper hand for a few minutes until Jungle Boy hits Hardy with a lariat. Jungle Boy tags in Penta, and Penta hits three switchblades on three opponents. Rey Fenix is now the legal man for his team. Private Party double-team Rey Fenix and Isiah Kassidy nail Fenix with a DDT.
Rey Fenix hits FTR with a massive moonsault press, and tags in Luchasaurus gets tagged in, and Luchasaurus clears the ring. Luchasaurus hits Harwood with a big clothesline and chokeslam. Penta tags himself in, to the bewilderment of Christian Cage and Luchasaurus, and Cage has some words for Penta. Rey Fenix and Jungle Boy go over the top rope, taking their opponents out. Christian Cage tags himself in, and now he and Penta have words. FTR then pushes Cage into Penta and hits Cage with the Big Rig. FTR then pins Cage to get the victory for his team.
Winners: FTR, Private Party, and Matt Hardy (w/ Tully Blanchard)
Daniel Garcia and 2Point0 vs. Eddie Kingston, Santana, and Ortiz
The match begins with Matt Lee hitting Eddie Kingston with a few shots. Kingston takes out Lee quickly with a few strikes of his own. Kingston exits the ring and begins going after Jeff Parker and Daniel Garcia. The action goes back into the ring, and Kingston gets punched a few times, but he recovers and starts throwing some haymakers at Jeff Parker.
Kingston tags in Oritz, Ortiz takes control of the match as he hits Parker with a dropkick and then a quick takedown. Ortiz tags in Santana and Parker tags in Daniel Garcia. Garcia enters the ring and gets a few shots in on Santana; however, Santana hits Garcia with multiple suplex's. Garcia is suddenly in the opposite corner, and Eddie Kingston begins biting Garcia.
Ortiz is back in, and he begins biting Garcia. Parker gets the blind tag, and he takes out Santana. 2Point0 and Garcia are now tagging in and out to keep the advantage. We go to the picture-in-picture commercial break.
Eddie Kingston gets the hot tag; Kingston hits Lee with machine gun chops. Santana gets tagged in, and Matt Lee grabs the tights of Santana and pins Santana for the victory. After the match, 2Point0 and Daniel Garcia continue to attack Santana. Garcia hits Santana with the ring bell, and then we see Chris Jericho comes out with his bat "Floyd," and Garcia and 2Point0 retreat. Kingston and Jericho have words as Kingston is unhappy that Jericho saved them.
Winners: Daniel Garcia and 2Point0
- We get a backstage promo with MJF talking about the extensive 2024 contract negotiations that he says will soon begin, and he tells CM Punk he is not worried about him. MJF then tells Wardlow that he needs Wardlow to qualify and win his match to be a number one contender for the TNT title.
MJF then says that he knows Wardlow will win, and he will need to relinquish the title to MJF when he does. Wardlow is surprised, and MJF has "Smart" Mark Sterling come in and read a part of Wardlow's contract to him.
- We go to a backstage segment with The Lucha Bros. however, Christian Cage interrupts them and says that they went into business for themselves and that's why they lost. Cage then challenges them to put their Tag-Team Championship titles on the line next week on Dynamite, and they accept.
Colin Delaney vs. Wardlow (w/ Shawn Spears)
Wardlow enters the ring, takes out Colin Delaney right away, and then hits Delaney with four powerbombs and pins Delaney, to victory. After the match, Spears hits Delaney with a chair shot, and then both men walk off.
Winner: Wardlow (w/ Shawn Spears)
- We get a backstage segment with Adam Cole, The Young Bucks, Kyle O'Reilly, and Bobby Fish. First, O'Reilly says he wants to have a word with Cole by himself. O'Reilly says he knows that things have not been good between them (referencing their past NXT feud), and O'Reilly says that he knows Bobby Fish has his back and wonders if Adam Cole has his.
- Dan Lambert is in the ring with Men of the Year, cutting a promo and taking shots at Cody Rhodes. Lambert then begins insulting Brandi Rhodes. Lambert talks about how "Cody put a tattoo on his neck that even Mike Tyson looks stupid." Brandi comes out and takes some shots at Lambert and says he is "an ugly ass bobble-headed Paul Heyman wannabe." Brandi challenges Lambert to a fight, and Dustin Rhodes comes out to calm Brandi. Men of the Year then take a cheap shot at Dustin Rhodes and leave the ring.
- Bryan Danielson and "Hangman" Adam Page vignette is shown previewing next week's AEW World Championship match.
TBS Women's Championship Semifinals
Thunder Rosa vs. Jade Cargill (w/"Smart" Mark Sterling)
Thunder Rosa runs right at Jade Cargill and takes her out with a dropkick. Cargill retreats and leaves the ring; Rosa tries to hit a dive on Cargill; however, Mark Sterling cuts her off. Thunder Rosa then takes out Sterling. Rosa takes her focus off of Cargill and then gets attacked from behind. The action for the next few minutes stays outside of the ring, and each competitor goes back and forth with getting the upper hand. Cargill sends Rosa into the steel post and then rolls her into the ring.
Rosa uses the ropes and hits Cargill with a dragon screw. Thunder Rosa celebrates more, and Jade takes Rosa with a significant bicycle kick. We go to another picture-in-picture commercial break.
Thunder Rosa is in control, and Rosa begins working on the left leg of Jade Cargill. Rosa goes to the ropes, and before Rosa can hit Cargill, Cargill hits Rosa with a Samoan Drop. Thunder Rosa recovers and starts working on Cargill's legs again. Rosa puts Cargill in the figure four submission. Cargill makes it to the ropes, and the hold gets broken up. Sterling then distracts the referee, and a hooded figure attacks Thunder Rosa. Jade Cargill hits Jaded on Thunder Rosa and gets the victory to move on to the TBS Women's Tournament finals.
After the match, Rosa attacks Cargill; however, the person who attacked Rosa while the ref was distracted gets back into the ring and helps Cargill. The person takes off the hoodie and their mask, and it is none other than Mercedes Martinez.
Winner: Jade Cargill (w/"Smart" Mark Sterling)
- We get a short promo featuring the upcoming match of Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D., and Riho.
- CM Punk is out for a promo, and the first thing he does is welcome back Jim Ross. Punk says about giving people their flowers, and he has never been to Daily's Place, and he knows Daily's Place is a special place for AEW. CM Punk says he watched the Brodie Lee Tribute that AEW did last year, and he said that AEW was a place he would like to be.
CM Punk then starts talking about MJF and how MJF is a troll, and if MJF is done and afraid of Punk, then that's okay. Punk says he is ready to move on to bigger and better things. Punk says that "MJF is a bigger waste of money for Khan than Tim Tebow." Punk says, "it would be a real shame if someone were to interfere in his quest for gold."
- Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs cut a promo backstage. First, Starks welcomes back Jim Ross; that way, Taz can focus on him, Hobbs, and Hook more. Starks then calls out Dante Martin.
- Brian Pillman Jr. is in the ring with Tony Schiavone for a promo; Pillman talks about why he jumped in the ring, not for his partner but his brother. Pillman says his mind went black because he did not know where he was when he woke up last week. Pillman calls out Malakai Black and wants him for a match. The lights go out, and we see Malakai Black appear; the lights soon go off again, and he is gone.
- Excalibur announces matches for this week's AEW Rampage. First, The Acclaimed cut a promo talking about Bowens' match against Darby Allin. We then see Sting and Darby Allin cut a promo, and Allin says people talk, and nobody has been able to stop Allin and Sting.
Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, and Bobby Fish vs. Chaos (Orange Cassidy and Best Friends)
The match begins with Kyle O'Reilly and Chuck Taylor. O'Reilly takes out Taylor quickly, and Taylor tags in Trent. Trent and O'Reilly exchange a few punches and kicks. O'Reilly and Trent tag out, and now Bobby Fish and Orange Cassidy are the legal men.
Orange Cassidy messes around with Bobby Fish; Adam Cole has enough and takes a cheap shot at Orange Cassidy. Fish tags in Cole, and now Cole is getting triple-teamed by the members of Chaos. Soon, Cole, O'Reilly, and Fish triple-team Chuck Taylor. We go to the last picture-in-picture commercial break with Adam Cole in control.
Cole, O'Reilly, and Fish control the match during the commercial break. We return with Chuck Taylor throwing O'Reilly into the barricade on the outside.
Trent hits O'Reilly with a flying back elbow and a thunderous DDT. Then, O'Reilly and Fish hit Trent with a flying knee-drop. Orange Cassidy is now tagged in, and he clears the ring and hits Cole with a tope suicida. Then, the action goes outside of the ring; Chuck Taylor hits Bobby Fish with a superkick, and Cole then hits Taylor with the superkick. Next, Cole goes for Panama Sunrise, but Taylor counters and slams Cole. Taylor then takes out Fish and O'Reilly with a dive.
O'Reilly accidentally kicks Cole, and Cole flies to the outside. The Best Friends take out O'Reilly; however, Brandon Cutler comes out and distracts Trent, Chuck, and the referee. Soon, The Young Bucks enter the ring and hit Trent and Chuck with superkicks. Then, O'Reilly and Fish hit Taylor with Chasing the Dragon. O'Reilly then pins Taylor for the victory.
After the match, The Young Bucks check on Adam Cole, and Cole does not know what happened. Matt and Nick Jackson tell him that O'Reilly kicked him, and Cole is confused. Fish and O'Reilly are celebrating their win.
Winners: Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, and Bobby Fish