Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for AEW Dynamite. We'll be bringing you full, fight-by-fight coverage of every match on the card. Follow us on Facebook! Facebook.com/FightfulOnline.
- AEW Commentator Jim Ross begins the telecast with "It's Wednesday Night, and you know what that means!" and welcomes the viewer to AEW Dynamite. They are coming to us live from Fertitta Center in Houston, Texas. Then, Tony Schiavone, Excalibur, and Jim Ross go over tonight's card.
- Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston make their way out through the crowd but suddenly get attacked by Daniel Garcia and 2.0's Matt Lee and Jeff Parker. The trio attacked Moxley and Kingston with a few weapons and then go to the ring. 2.0 cut a short promo telling Darby Allin and Sting to get out there so they can have their match now.
2.0 (w/ Daniel Garcia) vs. Sting & Darby Allin
The lights go out, and lights come back on with Darby Allin attacking Daniel Garcia, Jeff Lee, and Matt Parker. The match leaves ringside, and now they continue their fight to the concourse. 2.0 and Garcia are beating down Allin and Sting. The battle now goes near ringside, and Allin dives onto Garcia, Parker, and Lee. Eddie Kingston appears and starts beating down on Daniel Garcia and pulls him away off-screen.
Matt Lee and Jeff Parker team up and suplex Darby Allin onto his skateboard; they then go toward Sting. They powerbomb Sting through a table; Sting is right back up. Sting beats his chest, and he drops Parker and Lee with the Scorpion Death Drop. Sting then puts the Double Scorpion Deathlock on Lee and Parker, and both men tap out.
Winners: Sting & Darby Allin
- They go over Sammy Guevara's special announcement, and he proposed to his girlfriend, and she said yes.
Sammy Guevara vs. Shawn Spears (w/ Tully Blanchard)
The match begins with Shawn Spears attacking Sammy Guevara. They start battling it out near ringside, and the referee Aubrey Edwards orders Tully Blanchard after he assisted Spears with a piledriver. The match begins, and Guevara is selling his neck injury. Spears blows a kiss to Sammy's fiance, giving Guevara enough time to recover and nail Spears with a kick. Guevara goes to the top rope and attempts to hit Spears; however, Spears sees it coming and avoids it. They head to their first picture-in-picture commercial break.
Spears and Guevara are exchanging strikes in the corner, and both go to the top rope simultaneously. Spears flips the bird to Sammy Guevara; Guevara comes back with a huge top rope stunner. Spears is back up, and Guevara hits the Death Valley Driver. Spears goes for the pin; however, Guevara kicks out at two. Guevara slams Spears onto the steel railing; Guevara hits 630 senton and then goes for the pin on Spears and kicks out at two. Guevara hits the GTH and pins Spears to get the win. After the match, Sammy goes to his fiance, and they embrace. Sammy then celebrates with the Houston crowd.
Winner: Sammy Guevara
- Tony Schiavone is backstage with the new Impact Champion Christian Cage. Don Callis interrupts him and says he is glad to see Cage, and they have come a long way since "putting him on TV in Winnipeg." But, Christian Cage tells Callis, "some things will never change, and you will always be a Carnie piece of shit."
- We get a backstage vignette of Dante Martin, and he talks about his match last week against The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega.
- Dan Lambert cuts a promo talking about millennials are awful and has former UFC champions Junior Dos Santos and Andrei Arlovski with him. He complains about millennials more and more and talks about how "AEW is not what it's all cracked up to be." Lance Archer makes his way out to the ring; however, he gets attacked by Scorpio Sky and "All Ego" Ethan Page.
AEW Tag-Team Championship Match
Jurassic Express (w/ Marko Stunt) vs. The Young Bucks (C) (w/ Brandon Cutler, Don Callis, and The Good Brothers)
The match begins with Jungle Boy and Nick Jackson, and Nick takes down Jungle Boy with a quick takedown. Nick is showboating, and he goes outside the ring; Jungle Boy hits Nick with an over-the-top attack. Nick tags in his brother Matt Jackson. Jungle Boy tags in Luchasaurus, and Luchasaurus clears the ring. Jungle Boy hits Matt Jackson with an over-the-top-rope hurricanrana. Jungle Boy is tagged back in, and Matt Jackson hits him with a series of strikes. Jungle Boy is down, and The Young Bucks are in complete control as we head to another picture-in-picture commercial break.
We come back with The Young Bucks double-teaming Jungle Boy; however, he makes it to his partner for the hot tag. Luchasaurus clears the ring. Luchasaurus tags in Jungle Boy, and Jungle Boy hits Matt Jackson with a top-rope brainbuster. Jungle Boy tags in Luchasaurus, and the Luchasaurus hits a double chokeslam. Jungle Boy hits Matt Jackson with tope suicida. Kenny Omega comes out and hits Marko Stunt with a chair.
Christian Cage comes out and takes Omega out. Nick Jackson with the brainbuster on the chair. The Young Bucks hits the BTE Trigger and then pin Jungle Boy to get the win. After the match, The Elite members are all in the ring, and they are beating down Luchasaurus, Jungle Boy, and Christian Cage. Omega hits Cage with the One-Winged Angel on Christian Cage. The Elite stands tall in the ring and leaves the ring celebrating.
Winners: The Young Bucks (C) (w/ Brandon Cutler, Don Callis, Michael Nakazawa, The Good Brothers, and Kenny Omega)
- Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. with Rebel and Jamie Hayter with Tony Schiavone and Baker explains why she brought in Hayter. Hayter challenges Statlander for next week on Dynamite.
- Matt Hardy talks about how he beat down Wheeler Yuta. Then, Orange Cassidy challenges Matt Hardy.
- Tony Schiavone brings out Paul Wight and says thank you for saving his son last week. Wight says it was great to be back in the ring last week. QT Marshall comes out to tell Wight that he forgives Wight for last week. Marshall says Tony Khan brought Paul Wight to do commentary and not go after any AEW championships. Marshall has the production truck show Wight's X-rays and his ass. Wight says he spoke to Tony Khan and will have a match against QT Marshall at All Out.
- Jade Cargill and "Smart" Mark Sterling have a promo, and Cargill says she will face Kiera Hogan at AEW Rampage.
- Tony Schiavone is backstage interviewing The Elite. Don Callis takes the microphone away from Schiavone, but Schiavone takes it back right away and says, "Tony Khan has set up a Tag-Team Eliminator Match."
- Taz is in the ring and introduces his son Hook and Ricky Starks. Starks says he wants to talk man-to-man with Brian Cage. They go to another camera shot with Brian Cage laid out after being attacked by Powerhouse Hobbs. Cage gets up and starts fighting back; Starks then retreats.
- PAC challenges Andrade El Idolo for a match at All Out.
Penelope Ford vs. Thunder Rosa
The bell rings while Penelope Ford and Thunder Rosa get into each other's faces. Ford throws a punch but Rosa ducks. Rosa and Ford exchange strikes, Rosa sends Ford outside of the ring. Ford hits Rosa with a stunner outside of the ring, and Ford then rolls Rosa back into the ring and controls the action as we go to another picture-in-picture commercial break.
We return from the break with Rosa hitting Ford with a big missile dropkick. Next, Rosa hits Ford with a butterfly suplex; Rosa then goes for the pin; however, Ford kicks out. Rosa now goes for the Fire Thunder Driver; however, Ford counters into a submission hold. Now, Rosa escapes it and hits Ford with a Death Valley Driver. Again, Rosa goes for the pin; Ford, however, kicks out. Ford then has Rosa in a submission lock, Rosa counters it into a rear-naked chokehold, and Ford taps out.
Winner: Thunder Rosa
- We get a clip of Malakai Black and his debut. Arn cuts a promo and says that Malakai Black will face his son Brock Anderson next week on Dynamite.
- Excalibur, Tony Schiavone, and Jim Ross talk about next week's AEW Dynamite and this week's AEW Rampage taking place in Chicago, Illinois.
- Miro cuts a promo and tells Eddie Kington that he wants to talk.
- Jon Moxley cuts a promo talking about everyone is going to AEW and wants to come after him. He talks about Omega, Adam Page, Christian Cage and says he is at the top of the food chain. Moxley challenges Daniel Garcia at AEW Rampage this Friday at the United Center.
Five Labours of Jericho: Chapter 5
No Judas Entrance and No Judas Effect
Chris Jericho vs. MJF
The crowd sings "Judas," and Chris Jericho all smiles as the bell rings. The crowd chants, "MJF sucks," irritating MJF even more as he tells the crowd to shut up. MJF then pushes Jericho and exits the ring. Jericho goes over the top rope and hits MJF. MJF sends Jericho to the guardrail on the outside. MJF grabs the camera and starts flipping the bird to the fans in the crowd, Jericho is up, and MJF still has the camera. Jericho punches the camera, and MJF hits the ground hard. The action goes back into the ring, with MJF getting control as he goes after Jericho's elbow and shoulder. They head out to their last picture-in-picture commercial break with MJF in control.
MJF is continuing to work on Jericho's shoulder. We return from the commercial break, and Jericho hits MJF with a clothesline. Jericho is mounting a comeback and is getting a few chops and a couple of shoulder tackles. Jericho hits the Lionsault on MJF, and the crowd is chanting, "this is awesome. Jericho has MJF in the corner and slams MJF's head into the turnbuckle ten times. Jericho hits MJF with a big chop to the chest of MJF. Jericho hits MJF with a hurricanrana; MJF is okay, though, and he puts Jericho in the Fujiwara armbar. Jericho gets out of it and puts MJF in the Walls of Jericho; MJF gets out of it.
Jericho and MJF meet in the middle of the ring and exchange strikes. MJF hits Jericho with the heatseeker. Jericho has MJF in a sleeper hold, and MJF pulls in the referee Aubrey Edwards into him. MJF delivers a low blow to Jericho; MJF has Jericho in the Walls of Jericho. Chris Jericho makes it to the ropes; MJF then retreats to get his ring. Jericho grabs his bat "Floyd" and hits MJF with it.
Jericho is about to go for the Judas Effect but hesitates when he realizes he can't use it; MJF takes advantage of Jericho's wasted time and hits Jericho with the Judas Effect. MJF has Jericho in the Fujiwara armbar again, and Jericho has no choice but to tap out. MJF is celebrating, and Jericho is lying in the ring selling the pain as the show goes off the air.