Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for AEW Dynamite. We'll be bringing you full, fight-by-fight coverage of every match on the card. Follow us on Facebook! Facebook.com/FightfulOnline.
- We get a video montage of highlights from this past week's AEW PPV All Out.
- AEW Commentator Jim Ross begins the show with "It's Wednesday Night, and you know what that means." Then, Ross welcomes the viewer to AEW Dynamite, and they are coming to us live from Cincinnati, Ohio. Next, Jim Ross says that Excalibur is not doing commentary because he is preparing for his wedding.
Malakai Black vs. Dustin Rhodes
The match begins right away after Dustin Rhodes enters the ring. Malakai Black and Dustin Rhodes exchange punches. Rhodes has the advantage after hitting Malakai with a German suplex and an elbow drop. Rhodes sends Black to the outside; Black hits Rhodes with a back body slam through a table.
The Referee, Aubrey Edwards, checks on Rhodes, Black removes one of the turnbuckle pads. Rhodes is back in the ring, and both men exchange strikes until Black hits Rhodes with a knee. Black has Rhodes in a heel hook; however, Rhodes grabs the ropes, and Black lets go of the hold. Black attacks the back leg left of Dustin Rhodes.
Black goes to sends Rhodes to the opposite turnbuckle, and Rhodes collapses. Rhodes is up and hits Black with a running lariat. Rhodes hits a quick snapping body slam; Rhodes attempts to lift Black; however, he could not do it. Black is now getting hit with a barrage of punches. Black escapes and kicks Rhodes back left leg. Black then hits Rhodes with a running knee strike. Black leaves the ring and goes underneath the ring, and grab Cody Rhodes's boot. Rhodes hits Black with a Canadian Destroyer; Rhodes goes for the pin; however, Black kicks out. Rhodes goes to finish it; however, Black sends Rhodes to the exposed turnbuckle face first. Black hits the spinning heel kick and then pins Rhodes for the victory.
Winner: Malakai Black
- We get a video highlight and short promo from the Lucha Bros.
- We return from the commercial break; Eddie Kingston and Miro cut a promo regarding their match at All Out.
- CM Punk is now heading out to ringside for his promo and comes out a great pop as expected. Punk starts his promo by yelling out, "Cincinnati." Punk says he "wants to thank Darby Allin and Sting." The crowd begins chanting, "You still got it," and he thanks the crowd. Punk then promotes tonight's main event. Punk then tells Aunt Linda (she raised Brian Pillman) that she is an angel. Next, CM Punk then asks the crowd who watched All Out? Punk mentions Jon Moxley, Ruby Soho, Adam Cole, and Bryan Danielson".
Punk then gets interrupted by Taz, who is on commentary, and he tells Punk that he is tired of him and not to mention anyone's name from Team Taz. Punk says to Taz, "bring me, Starks, bring me Hook, bring me, Hobbs, all four of you come at me." Punk says, "Beat Me if you can and Survive if I let you." CM Punk leaves the ring and stares down Hobbs and Hook on his way out.
- Ruby Soho is cutting a promo; however, she is interrupted by Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. Soho says, "hello Britney, and that she's known Britt for a very long time." Then, Soho tells Tony Schiavone, "I know she's your girl, but I am going to kick her ass."
Powerhouse Hobbs (w/ Hook) vs. Dante Martin
The match begins with Dante Martin going right at Powerhouse Hobbs, and Hobbs takes him down with a clothesline. Martin knocks Hobbs out of the ring; Martin goes for the dive through the middle rope; however, Hobbs catches Martin and tosses him face-first into the steel post. So we go to our first picture-in-picture commercial break with Hobbs in complete control.
Hobbs is throwing some heavy shots to the head of Dante Martin; Hobbs lifts Martin for a suplex and throws him down hard. Hobbs does it again, and Hobbs is just toying around and beating down Martin. Now, Hobbs has Martin in a bear hug. Hobbs slams down Dante Martin with ease. Hobbs goes for a knee-drop; however, Martin escapes and gets some nice shotgun dropkick from the turnbuckle. Martin hits Hobbs with a standing senton; this sends Hobbs to the outside. Martin is going for a big over-the-top-rope move; however, Hook cuts him off. Martin then goes and jumps over Hook and lands on Hobbs. Hobbs is back in the ring, and he hits Martin with a huge spinebuster. Hobbs then pins Martin for the victory.
Winner: Powerhouse Hobbs (w/ Hook)
- Dan Lambert is standing with Men of the Year (Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page); Lambert starts talking about how AEW is bad and AEW will be destroyed, and he challenges anyone who thinks they can beat his guys. Lambert says, "I hope that I will never have to listen to fans chant AEW again." Then, they head out for a commercial break.
- MJF comes out to ringside and cuts a promo; MJF yells out, "cut my music, cut my music." MJF says before Sunday; he beat Chris Jericho three times. MJF says, "let me make something clear to you, Marks. Cincinnati is a dumpster fire of a city. MJF starts running down Cincinnati and their local professional teams. MJF says everyone here is cowards. MJF starts talking to Aunt Linda and Brian Pillman Jr.'s sister. Pillman's sister informs MJF that she is the daughter of "The Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman. Brian Pillman Jr. comes out and talks about how great Cincinnati is.
MJF then verbally attacking Pillman and says, "if you don't stop right now, I am going to do what your mother should've done twenty-eight years ago, and swallow." Pillman then takes down MJF and throws a bunch of strikes at MJF. Wardlow stops him and hits him with a German suplex, they start beating him down, and Griff Garrison attempts to make the save, but MJF hits Griff right away and takes him out. MJF and Wardlow leave the ring instead of continuing their attack.
- We get a short backstage promo from Jon Moxley welcoming Minoru Suzuki to Cincinnati and that he's in the Jungle now.
Ruby Soho vs. Jamie Hayter (w/ Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. and Reba, Not Rebel)
The match begins with a lockup. Ruby Soho takes control and hits Jamie Hayter with a few forearm shots. Soho hits Hayter with a pump kick. They head out for a picture-in-picture commercial break with Hayter in complete control.
Hayter controls the action throughout the break and lands a nasty German suplex; Soho hits Hayter with a DDT. Hayter lifts Soho, and Soho makes Hayter lose her balance and hit the mat hard. Hayter nails Soho with a nice backbreaker. Soho kicks Hayter right in the chin and then pins Hayter for the win. After the match, Soho gets attacked by Dr. Britt Baker and Rebel.
Riho comes out to try and save Soho but is taken out right away. Now, Soho and Riho are getting beat down. Kris Statlander comes running out with a chair, and now Baker, Rebel, and Hayter retreat.
Winner: Ruby Soho
- Before heading out to a commercial break, Brian Cage and Ricky Starks cut a short promo and say that they are not done with each other.
- Alex Marvez asks The Dark Order if everything is good, and they start arguing. Finally, Anna Jay stops them and tells them to figure it out.
Shawn Spears and FTR (w/ Tully Blanchard and Wardlow) vs. The Dark Order (Stu Grayson, John Silver, and Evil Uno)
John Silver and Stu Grayson are still arguing and trying to decide who will start the match. Silver starts it off against Shawn Spears. Silver takes control first and gets a few shots in on Spears, Grayson is tagged in, and he takes control and lands a few strikes. Now, Evil Uno is tagged in, and he does the same. Uno tags in John Silver after hesitating; Silver gets dropped real quick by Spears, who then tags in Cash Wheeler. Wheeler has the advantage now after landing in multiple shots. Dax Harwood gets tagged in and hits Silver with a slingshot suplex. Spears is tagged in, and he hits Silver with the Death Valley Driver to get the win.
The Dark Order members begin fighting each other; Anna Jay comes out with Tay Conti, watches them fight, and walks away, upset them.
Winners: Shawn Spears and FTR (w/ Tully Blanchard and Wardlow)
- Tony Schiavone interviews Tully Blanchard, and Blanchard says Sting is riding the coattails of Darby Allin, and he says that he wants Tony Khan to make a match between Darby Allin and Shawn Spears for next week's Dynamite.
- Sammy Guevara comes out during the picture-in-picture commercial break with different messages on some poster boards ranging from All Out to his engagement from a few weeks ago.
- Alex Marvez interviews Hollywood Blonds, and he says that he will challenge MJF at Arthur Ashe Stadium on the September 22nd edition of AEW Dynamite. Max Caster then walks up to Pillman and says he will fight Pillman Jr. this Friday on Dynamite.
- Tony Schiavone brings out The Elite for an interview. Don Callis takes the microphone away from Schiavone. Callis "thanks to the fans for voting Kenny Omega number one in the PWI 500". Callis says Lucha Bros. took the tag-team titles away from them, and Matt Jackson says "that they got their best friend back" and introduces Adam Cole. Cole makes his way out, and he has the microphone. The fans start chanting "Adam Cole" Cole goes up to Tony Schiavone and says I know you're close to Britt Baker, and if you even look at her wrong, I will slap those glasses off your face.
Cole then calls Schiavone a nerd. Cole says All Elite Wrestling is the greatest wrestling organization in the world. Cole talks about his history and says now that he is back with the very best in Tag-Team in the world, he then talks about how great Kenny Omega is. Adam Cole says he will make his debut next week. Omega takes the microphone and says the one thing he hates is being interrupted, and Bryan Danielson's music goes off. Danielson makes his way down to the ringside area.
Omega asks The Elite to leave the ring and welcomes Danielson into the ring. Danielson asks the crowd if they want to see Danielson vs. Omega; Omega says it doesn't work like that. Omega goes after Danielson; however, he's ready for Omega, and he locks in the Lebell Lock on Omega. The Elite begins attacking Danielson; a few seconds later, Jungle Boy, Christian Cage, Frankie Kazarian, Luchasaurus, and Marko Stunt save Danielson. Brandon Cutler is left alone, and Danielson hits Cutler with the Running Knee, and we then go to the commercial break.
Minoru Suzuki vs. Jon Moxley
Jon Moxley comes out second with a huge reaction, as expected. The bell rings, Moxley and Minoru Suzuki get into each other's faces. Suzuki and Moxley start exchanging strikes; both men exchange pump kicks. Moxley and Suzuki begin exchanging multiple strikes again. AEW heads out for their last picture-in-picture commercial break with Suzuki in control.
We return from commercial break with Moxley hitting Suzuki with a suplex, Moxley goes for the pin, and Suzuki kicks out at two. Moxley and Suzuki begin exchanging headbutts. Suzuki and Moxley both fall, and now they are on their knees and exchanging forearm shots. Suzuki goes for the finisher; however, Moxley escapes, and Moxley hits Suzuki with a Paradigm Shift. Suzuki is busted open and is bleeding near the eye. Moxley then ends it with a double under hook suplex. Moxley pins Suzuki for the win. Before the show goes off the air, Moxley celebrates with the Cincinnati crowd.
Winner: Jon Moxley