Welcome to the Fightful.com live discussion & coverage for the 3/25/2023 edition of Saturday Night Rampage on TNT.
We will bring full results and breakdowns for every match and segment on the show. Follow Fightful on Twitter.com/Fightful and Facebook.com/FIGHTFULONLINE
Here's what is set for the show.
AEW Rampage (3/25/2023).
- Taya Valkyrie vs. Leila Grey
- We'll hear from Ricky Starks.
- TNT Championship Match: Powerhouse Hobbs (c) (w/ QT Marshall, Aaron Solow & Harley Cameron) vs. Penta El Zero Miedo (w/ Alex Abrahantes).
- The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens) vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett).
- Brody King (w/ Julia Hart) vs. Jake Hager.
TNT Championship Match: Powerhouse Hobbs (c) (w/ QT Marshall, Aaron Solow & Harley Cameron) vs. Penta El Zero Miedo (w/ Alex Abrahantes)
Hobbs is flanked by the QTV crew. The action spills to the floor quickly, with Hobbs keeping control because of the numbers advantage and his strength. He gets a near fall with a suplex going into the first commercial break. Throughout the break, Penta tries to fight his way up but continues to be cut off by the power game of Hobbs.
Back from break just in time for Penta to begin mounting a comeback with a Slingblade and a Backstabber. He gets a near fall with the Backstabber. Penta goes for his arm breaker, but Hobbs is able to fight out of it and drops Penta with a variant of Emerald Flowsion for two. Hobbs goes for a Torture Rack, but Penta fights out of it, sending the champion flying out of the ring with a Superkick and follows that up with a Tope. Penta hits a Double Stomp on the apron and then one in the ring but still only manages to get a two-count.
QT Marshall gets on the apron with the championship belt and a steel chair. Alex Abrahantes is able to neutralize that interference, Aaron Solo tries to interfere but Penta is able to catch him. Hobbs hits Penta with the championship belt and delivers a Burning Hammer for the victory.
Winner and still champion: Powerhouse Hobbs.
- After the match, the QTV crew goes after Alex. Fenix comes out for the save with the ringbell hammer.
- Ricky Starks is next.
- Back from commercial break, Exclaibur hyped Jeff Cobb vs. Kenny Omega, which will take place on the March 29 AEW Dynamite.
- Ricky Starks is in the ring with a microphone and once again calls out Juice Robinson. Out comes the "Rock Hard" one. Robinson says Ricky Starks is going to get an ass-kicking, but stops short of coming into the ring. Ricky goes to get Juice on his own and throws him into the ring. Juice immediately exits and says he refuses to kick Ricky Stark's ass in Missouri. Instead, Robinson challenges Ricky Starks to meet him in New York City, AEW will invade the UBS Arena on Long Island on April 5.
- There's a promo from Jeff Jarett and Jay Lethal about the injustices they faced in AEW. Sonjay Dutt says one way or another everybody will call them champions soon enough.
Brody King (w/ Julia Hart) vs. Jake Hager
Both men brawl for the majority of the match, and it's a back-and-forth affair. Brody King gets a near fall. Jake Hager gets the Ankle Lock and avoids a cannonball. Brody King avoids the Vader Bomb and hits a Discuss Lariat. Anna Jay AS. comes out to attack Julia Hart. Hager tries to get a quick Roll-Up but fails. Brody King gets the win with the All-Seeing Eye.
Winner: Brody King
Swerve Strickland cuts a promo. He's flanked by Tech N9ne and promises to end the rivalry with Keith Lee on his own terms.
Taya Valkyrie vs. Leila Grey
Grey barely gets some offense in when she is dropped with the Road to Valhalla for the victory. After the match, Sterling is incensed that his cease and desist order was ignored and he gets dropped for his troubles.
Winner: Taya Valkyrie
The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens) vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett)
2point0 is on commentary for this match and they say that Chris Jericho has permitted them to take The Acclaimed out on the town using his money.
The match ended when Maria Kanellis took off her boot and tried to hand it to Matt Taven. Billy Gunn chases Maria away, and she is met up the ramp by Dante & Darius Martin. Billy Gunn clotheslines Mike Bennett and tells him to suck it. Bowens delivers a Facecrusher to Matt Taven and a Superkick to Bennett. Matt Taven tries to get a quick Roll-Up victory, but Anthony kicks out. The Acclaimed hit The Arrival x Mic Drop combination for the victory.
Winners: The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens)
- After the match, The Acclaimed scissor with Billy Gunn to send everybody home happy.
- Check out Fightful's YouTube & Twitch channels. You can find more results from across the wrestling world in Fightful's Results Section.