Welcome to Fightful's live coverage and discussion for Monday Night WWE Raw!!
Join us for live coverage, and comment on our boards below, or our forums by registering for FREE at fightful.com.
Here is the Fightful post-Raw podcast:
- The show starts with a video package highlighting the Greatest Royal Rumble event.
- Roman Reigns makes his way to the ring and he has a microphone in hand, Reigns says he doesn’t need to make excuses because there is no need to. Reigns then refers to himself as the real WWE Universal Champion, Reigns says he isn’t the official WWE Universal Champion…yet. Reigns says that he beat Brock Lesnar in the steel cage match at the Greatest Royal Rumble, Samoa Joe appears on the Titan Tron. Joe says he was right in saying that Reigns was going to lose to Lesnar, Joe promises to put Reigns to sleep at WWE Backlash. Jinder Mahal comes out and says he cannot stand people who make excuses, Mahal says Jeff Hardy cheated in their match at the Greatest Royal Rumble.
Mahal then says that Reigns will lose to him as well in a match tonight, Mahal promises to win the WWE Universal Title. Sami Zayn also interrupts and he has a microphone in hand, Zayn says he wasn’t at the Greatest Royal Rumble last week due to injury. Zayn says he has recovered and he wants to make thing right tonight in his hometown, Zayn says he wants to face Reigns tonight. Kevin Owens also comes out and he has a microphone in hand, Owens says he would like a match with Reigns tonight. Owens proposes a popularity contest with the fans deciding who faces Reigns tonight, Reigns attacks Owens and that leads to everybody attacking Reigns.
Bobby Lashley comes out and he tries helping Reigns out before getting outnumbered, Braun Strowman comes out next and he helps even the odds. Reigns, Lashley and Strowman eventually clear the ring, Strowman grabs Sunil Singh and he launches him onto everybody who is on the arena floor.
- Elias is shown drinking tea backstage.
- Elias is in the ring and he says everybody should be considered blessed because he is here, Elias then asks “who wants to walk with Elias?” Elias talks about his performance at the Greatest Royal Rumble, Elias then says he is reaching a new level of greatness. Elias starts playing his new song and it bashes Bobby Roode, Roode eventually interrupts the song.
Bobby Roode vs. Elias
The match is joined in progress and we see Elias holding Roode in a chin lock, Roode gets free and Elias backs him into the corner before landing a few strikes. Roode backs up Elias by landing a plethora of strikes and a clothesline, Roode then hits Elias with an atomic drop followed by a drop kick. Roode goes to the middle rope to land a blockbuster for a near fall, Elias rolls out of the ring and Roode gets him back in the ring. Elias rolls to the ring apron before dropping Roode neck first on the top rope, Elias drops Roode with a clothesline before applying a chin lock. Roode gets free and Elias drops him with a kick to the head, Elias then stomps away on a downed Roode before slamming him.
Elias traps Roode in the corner again while landing a few strikes, Elias follows that up by nailing Roode with a mule kick as we go to a commercial break. We return from the break to see Elias holding Roode in another chin lock, Roode gets free and Elias reapplies the chin lock again. Roode eventually breaks the hold again and Elias attacks him with strikes in the corner, Roode recovers to drop Elias with multiple clotheslines and a spine buster for a near fall. Roode goes to the top rope and Elias meets him up there, Roode knocks Elias off the ropes before landing a top rope clothesline. Roode goes for the Glorious DDT and Elias escapes, Elias and Roode exchange near falls on small package attempts.
Roode gets to the ring apron and Elias throws him throat first into an exposed piece of the corner, Roode falls to the arena floor and the official quickly calls for the medical staff. Elias grabs the microphone to declare himself the winner of the match.
- Charly Caruso interviews John-Paul & Francois backstage, they says that they challenged the Authors Of Pain because they are French and they will get the hometown win.
Authors Of Pain (Akam & Rezar) vs. John-Paul & Francois
The match begins with Rezar kicking Francois in the head, John-Paul tags in and he catches Rezar with a few strikes before eating a clothesline. Akam tags in as the AOP nail John-Paul and Francois with a Super Collider, AOP hit John-Paul with the Last Chapter for the three count.
Winners: Authors Of Pain (Akam & Rezar)
After the match, the AOP says the Book Of Pain remains open and there is a chapter for every team on Raw.
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins makes his way to the ring and he has a microphone in hand, Rollins talks about the crazy month he has had. Rollins says he doesn’t want to be a champion lock WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, Rollins even claims that Roman Reigns is the true champion. Rollins says he wants to be a fighting champion and he gets interrupted by Finn Balor, Balor says he re-watched the ladder match at the Greatest Royal Rumble while on the plane home from Saudi Arabia. Balor talks about how they each won two matches against each other, Balor says he wants a title shot tonight and Rollins agrees.
The Miztourage interrupts and they have microphones in hand, Curtis Axel says they need to worry about what is best for themselves. Bo Dallas says they shouldn’t be fighting themselves, but fighting together. Axel admits that they shouldn’t have approached Rollins and Balor separately, but they should all have a group meeting. Dallas proposes that they all form a group and become the Four Horsemen Of The WWE, Rollins turns the offer down alongside Balor. The Miztourage attack Balor and Rollins, Balor and Rollins fight back to quickly clear the ring before Balor lays out Rollins.
- Charly Caruso interviews Sasha Banks, who says that Bayley will not be in her corner tonight and she doesn’t know what is going on with her. Banks says the Raw Women’s Division runs on Boss Time and the Riott Squad will not take over.
Sasha Banks vs. Ruby Riott w/Sarah Logan & Liv Morgan
The match begins with Riott backing Banks into the corner before letting her go free, Banks gains control by wrenching away on her arm. Riott catches Banks with a roll up followed by a shoulder tackle, Banks recovers and nails a charging Riott with a chop. Banks then catches Riott with a rope assisted arm drag, Banks goes back to wrenching away on the arm of Riott. Riott backs Banks into the ropes before kicking her in the face, Riott stomps away on a cornered Banks. Riott keeps Banks in the corner while landing a series of shoulder rams and forearm strikes, Banks recovers to catch Riott with a Thesz Press and several strikes. Banks corners Riott before trying to crush her head, Banks gets Riott down before applying a straight jacket hold to her.
Riott gets free and Banks drops her with a hip toss before landing a double knee strike, Banks goes back to wrenching away on the arm of Riott. Riott gets free and she quickly knocks Banks to the arena floor, Banks attacks Logan before getting back in the ring. Riott goes out of the ring and Banks catches her with a drop kick as we go to a commercial break, we return from the break to see Riott holding Banks in a modified abdominal stretch. Riott releases the hold before drop kicking Banks into the corner, Riott then nails Banks with an STO for a near fall. Riott gets angry and she smashes the face of Banks into the ring mat, Riott reapplies the chin lock to Banks. Banks gets free to catch Riott with a middle rope cross body for a near fall, Banks then hits Riott with a few clotheslines.
Banks blocks a kick from Riott before landing a series of knee strikes, Banks misses a charge in the corner and Riott nails her with a side kick. Riott then hits Banks with a middle rope cannonball for a near fall, Banks recovers and she gets Riott in the Banks Statement. Logan distracts the referee so Morgan can break the hold up, Banks recovers and she hits Riott with knee strikes on the ring apron. Banks then takes out Morgan by throwing her into the ring post, Banks goes to the top rope and Riott nails her with a Riott Kick from there for the three count.
Winner: Ruby Riott w/Sarah Logan & Liv Morgan
- A "Moment Of Bliss" video airs, Alexa Bliss says that she was bullied by Nia Jax at Disney World. Bliss says Jax mocked her the whole time for her size, Bliss says that Jax acted like she was a small child the whole time.
- Renee Young interviews Titus O’Neil, O’Neil says the whole situation at the Greatest Royal Rumble was planned before admitting it wasn’t. Baron Corbin interrupts the interview and he wonders why Young is wasting her time interviewing O’Neil.
- Matt Hardy appears while reading a book, saying that he and Bray Wyatt will forever ascend time and space. Hardy says he and Wyatt were around for all the greatest moments in world history, Wyatt appears to say they are the darkness and the light.
- Highlights are shown of Mickie James attacking Natalya’s injured leg last week on Raw aired, followed by highlights of Ronda Rousey applying the arm bar to James.
Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman & Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & Jinder Mahal w/Sunil Singh
The match begins with Reigns attacking Zayn with a series of strikes, Reigns quickly throws Zayn out of the ring. Reigns goes out of the ring to throw Zayn into the barricade, Owens tries helping before Reigns hits he and Zayn with the Drive By as we go to a commercial break. We return from the break to see Reigns working over Zayn in the ring, Mahal tags in and he catches Reigns with some strikes in the corner. Reigns fights back and he catches Mahal with a back elbow strike, Lashley tags in and he also drops Mahal with a back elbow strikes followed by a clothesline. Mahal corners Lashley and Zayn tags in to kick away at him, Zayn looks for a suplex and Lashley nails him with a neck breaker. Lashley then hits a cornered Zayn with a clothesline and spear, Lashley goes for a suplex and Owens interferes by landing a super kick.
Owens tags in and he stomps away on a downed Lashley, Mahal tags in and he mauls Lashley with strikes in the corner. Owens tags back in and he catches Lashley with shoulder thrusts in the corner, Owens slows things down further by holding Lashley in a chin lock. Owens releases the hold to nail Lashley with a senton for a near fall, Owens reapplies the chin lock to Lashley. Lashley gets free and he eventually drops Owens with a flat liner, Zayn and Reigns get tagged in by their respective partners. Reigns quickly cleans house against the opposing team, Reigns catches Zayn with clothesline smashes in the corner before landing a kick to the face. Reigns goes for a superman punch and Singh distracts him to prevent it, Owens tags in and drops Reigns for a near fall as we go to a commercial break.
We return from the break to see Zayn holding Reigns in a chin lock, Reigns gets free and Owens tags in to attack him with strikes. Owens then hits Reigns with a Vader Bomb for a near fall, Owens mounts Reigns while assaulting him with strikes. Zayn tags in and he also assaults Reigns with some strikes before applying another chin lock, Reigns gets free by dropping Zayn with a back suplex. Owens tags in and he eventually drops Owens with a superman punch, Mahal tags in and he attacks Lashley. Reigns drops Mahal before tagging Strowman into the match, Strowman gets in the ring and he quickly destroys the opposing team. Strowman destroys Owens and Zayn with shoulder tackles on the arena floor, Strowman misses a charge into the corner and he crashes into the ring post.
Lashley hits the ring and he takes out an interfering Zayn with an overhead suplex, Reigns then hits Mahal with a spear. Owens tags in and he nails a few opponents with super kicks, Strowman catches Owens with a running power slam for the three count.
Winners: Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & Jinder Mahal w/Sunil Singh
- Baron Corbin comes out with a microphone and he mocks the superstars who try to entertain the fans, Corbin calls No Way Jose and his conga line stupid. Corbin says he came to the WWE to make money and win championships.
Baron Corbin vs. No Way Jose
The match begins with Jose catching Corbin with a few strikes, Corbin rolls under the ropes before returning to nail Jose with a clothesline. Corbin stands over a downed Jose while landing a bunch of strikes, Jose fights back and he sends a charging Corbin out of the ring. Corbin gets back in the ring and Jose kicks him in the face, Jose goes to the top rope before missing a high cross body. Corbin then throws Jose into the ring post, Titus Worldwide comes out and the distraction allows Jose to roll up Corbin for the three count.
Winner: No Way Jose
Mickie James w/Alexa Bliss vs. Natalya w/Ronda Rousey
The match begins with Natalya wrenching away on the arm of James, James retreats outside of the ring to escape Natalya. James returns to the ring and Natalya drops her before landing a drop kick, James recovers and sends Natalya face first into the middle turnbuckle. James nails Natalya with a kick for a near fall on a pin attempt, James applies the body scissors to a downed Natalya. Natalya gets free and she attacks James with a few strikes, James recovers and she catches Natalya in a guillotine choke. Natalya gets free and she eventually nails James with a spinning clothesline, Natalya goes for a sharp shooter and Bliss distracts her. Natalya catches a distracted James witha roll up for the three count.
Winner: Natalya w/Ronda Rousey
After the match, Nia Jax comes out to chase Alexa Bliss into the crowd before celebrating with Natalya and Ronda Rousey.
- Drew McIntyre & Dolph Ziggler cut a social media promo, McIntyre says the WWE roster is coasting to be in the company while he and Ziggler deserve to be here. Ziggler says they will take everything that they want.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Finn Balor
The match begins with Rollins getting Balor in the corner before a shoving exchange happens, Rollins catches Balor in a headlock. Balor gets free and Rollins drops him with an elbow strike, Balor rolls out of the ring and Rollins catches him with a dive as we go to a commercial break. We return from the break to see Rollins holding Balor in a chin lock, Balor gets free and Rollins attacks him with chops. Balor fights back and he drops Rollins with some forearm strikes, Balor traps Rollins in the corner while landing some chops. Rollins blocks a kick from Balor before nailing him with a blockbuster, Rollins then sends Balor face first into the middle turnbuckle.
Rollins follows that up by catching Balor with a springboard clothesline, Balor rolls out of the ring and Rollins hits him with a suicide dive. Rollins goes for a second dive and Balor catches him with a kick to the face, Balor then attacks Rollins with a series of strikes. Balor then plants Rollins with a DDT for a near fall, Balor goes for the Sling Blade and he winds up catching Rollins with a Sling Blade for a near fall. Balor follows Rollins around the ring while attacking him with chops, Rollins recovers and he nails Balor with a Sling Blade followed by a knee strike for a near fall. Balor eats a kick to the midsection before nailing Rollins with a forearm strike, Balor drops a flying Rollins before landing a double stomp.
Rollins misses a charge to the corner and Balor drops him with a kick, Balor goes to the top rope and Rollins crotches him. Balor knocks Rollins off the ropes and Rollins returns to land a superplex, Balor counters a Rollins falcon arrow with a falcon arrow of his own. Balor and Rollins have another striking exchange in the middle of the ring, Balor catches Rollins with an overhead kick before eating an enzaguri. Balor recovers and he knocks Rollins out of the ring, Balor then takes Rollins out with a suicide dive. Balor gets Rollins back in the ring before landing a shotgun drop kick, Balor goes to the top rope and he misses a Coupe De Grace. Rollins misses a few double stomps and Balor rolls him up a few times, Balor then hits Rollins with another Sling Blade.
Rollins recovers and he nails a charging Balor with a super kick, Rollins catches Balor with a curb stomp for the three count.
Winner: Seth Rollins, still the WWE Intercontinental Champion