Welcome to Fightful's live coverage and discussion for Monday Night WWE Raw!!
Join us for live coverage, and comment on our boards below, or our forums by registering for FREE at fightful.com.
Here is the Fightful post-Raw podcast:
- Highlights are shown of the WWE stars appearing at the NBC Studious up fronts, which includes Raw Women’s Champion Nia Jax challenging Ronda Rousey.
- Roman Reigns makes his way to the ring and he has a microphone in hand, Reigns said he was robbed last week by Jinder Mahal. Reigns says Mahal should come out now so he can be more relevant that he ever has been before, Raw GM Kurt Angle makes his way to the ring instead. Angle grabs a microphone and he tells Reigns that Mahal won’t be coming out, Angle then says he got a call over the weekend and he was reminded of a few things. Angle then says that Mahal will be in a Money In The Bank Qualifying Match tonight against Elias and Bobby Lashley, Reigns wants in the match and Angle says that won’t happen.
Angle says he would understand if Reigns is mad at him and Reigns say that he isn’t, Reigns says he has some business to take care of before exiting the ring. Reigns is shown backstage looking for Mahal, Reigns finds Mahal and Sunil Singh before a brawl starts between them. Mahal throws Singh in Reigns and he beats him up with a garbage can, Reigns recovers and he throws Mahal into a plethora of things backstage. Reigns grabs a production box and he shoves it into Mahal, Reigns chases Mahal to the entrance ramp before landing a superman punch. Angle eventually brings out security as Mahal escapes to the backstage area.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Kevin Owens
The match begins with Owens kicking Rollins in the midsection before landing a plethora of strikes and stomps, Owens traps Rollins in the corner while landing some more strikes. Owens recovers and he drops Owens with a clothesline, Rollins gets Owens in the corner before kicking and stomping away on him. Owens goes out of the ring to take a break and Rollins punches him as he tried getting back in the ring, Owens recovers to catch a diving Rollins and he throws him into the ring post. Owens gets Rollins in the ring to land a senton bomb for a near fall, Owens slows things down further by applying a chin lock to Rollins. Rollins gets free and Owens sends him back out of the ring as we go to a commercial break, we return from the break to see Owens planting a knee into the back of Rollins while pulling back on his arms.
Rollins gets free again and he eventually sends a charging Owens out of the ring, Owens drags Rollins out of the ring and Rollins goes to the ring apron. Owens goes there as well and he sets up for a power bomb, Rollins escapes and the two exchange some strikes. Rollins catches Owens with a falcon arrow on the ring apron, the competitors get back in the ring and a striking exchange breaks out. Rollins then sends a charging Owens out of the ring before taking him out with a series of suicide dives, Rollins gets Owens in the ring and he catches him with a springboard clothesline. Rollins follows that up by catching Owens with a blockbuster for a near fall, Owens recovers to catch Rollins with a DDT for a near fall. Owens goes for a pop up power bomb and Rollins escapes to land a side kick, Rollins misses a curb stomp and Owens levels him with a super kick.
Rollins recovers to land an enzaguri before eating a lariat for a near fall, Owens goes to the top rope and he goes for a swnaton bomb. Rollins gets his knees up and he misses a second curb stomp attempt, Rollins catches Owens with a super kick followed by a revolution knee strike for another near fall. Rollins goes to the top rope and he goes for the frog splash, Owens gets his knees up and he rolls up Rollins for a near fall. Owens goes to the top rope and Rollins meets him up there, Owens nails Rollins with a super fisherman buster suplex and Rollins eventually rolls out of the ring a short time later. Owens gets Rollins back in the ring and Rollins catches him with a curb stomp from out of nowhere for the three count.
Winner: Seth Rollins, still the WWE Intercontinental Champion
- More highlights are shown when Raw Women’s Champion Nia Jax challenged Ronda Rousey for WWE Money In The Bank, a match that was accepted by Rousey.
- Raw GM Kurt Angle is talking on his phone when Curtis Axel & Bo Dallas, Axel says that they want a shot at the Raw Tag Team Titles. Angle turns them down since they have never won a tag team match on Raw, Angle says they will face Breezango tonight.
Money In The Bank Qualifying Match
No Way Jose vs. Baron Corbin vs. Bobby Roode
The match begins with Corbin jumping both opponents before knocking Jose out of the ring, Corbin goes out of the ring to throw Jose into the ring steps. Corbin gets back in the ring and Roode drops him with a forearm strike, Roode goes to the middle rope before catching Corbin with a blockbuster for a near fall. Corbin drops Roode neck first on the top rope before going to the arena floor, Jose drops Corbin on the arena floor as we go to a commercial break. We return from the break to see Corbin holding Roode down with a cobra clutch, Roode gets free and Corbin nails him with a side slam for a near fall. Jose tries getting back in the ring and Corbin knocks him back to the arena floor, Corbin goes outside the ring to throw Jose into the barricade.
Corbin goes back in the ring and he stomps away on Corbin, Jose returns to the ring and he nails Corbin with some strikes. Corbin recovers and he nails Roode with a clothesline, Jose then drops Corbin with a clothesline and middle rope cross body block for a near fall. Roode returns and he catches Jose with a spine buster for a near fall, Corbin puts Roode on the top rope and Jose knocks Corbin out of the ring. Roode knocks Jose off the ropes before landing a middle rope clothesline, Roode knocks Corbin to the arena floor before Jose rolls him up for a near fall. Jose follows that up by clotheslining Roode out of the ring, Corbin leaps off the ring apron to nail Roode with a clothesline. Corbin gets back in the ring and he nails Jose with a choke breaker for a near fall, Roode returns to the ring and he catches Corbin with a sunset flip for a near fall.
Corbin recovers and he catches a charging Roode with a Deep Six for a near fall, Corbin corners before opponents before landing some running clotheslines. Roode sendsa a charging Corbin out of the ring before nailing Jose with a Glorious DDT for a three count.
Winner: Bobby Roode
- Raw GM Kurt Angle bumps into Kevin Owens backstage, Owens complains about his loss to Seth Rollins and he wants a rematch. Owens says he will call Stephanie McMahon if Angle doesn’t help him, Owens goes to his phone as Angle walks into the trainers room to check on Jinder Mahal. Mahal says he cannot compete tonight and Angle says the match is still on tonight, Mahal says he will still qualify for Money In The Bank tonight.