Welcome to Fightful's live coverage and discussion for Monday Night WWE Raw!!
Join us for live coverage, and comment on our boards below, or our forums by registering for FREE at fightful.com.
Here is the Fightful post-Raw podcast:
- Raw GM Kurt Angle makes his way to the ring and he has a microphone in hand, Angle says he is proud to be a part of the WWE family for almost two decades now. Angle says there will be two Money In The Bank Ladder Matches at WWE Money In The Bank, with two qualifying matches for those matches happening tonight. Braun Strowman interrupts and he makes his way to the ring, Strowman grabs a microphone and he wants to share a childhood story with Angle. Strowman talks about how the kids in his neighborhood built a tree house without asking him for help, Strowman says he destroyed the tree house and the tree.
Angle talks about Strowman’s success as of late and that brings out Kevin Owens, Owens says he deserves to be in the ladder match. Owens talks about all the reasons that he should be in the ladder match, Owens even calls Strowman a bad monster. Angle says Strowman is going to be facing Owens in a Money In The Bank Qualifying Match, which is going to start right now.
Money In The Bank Qualifying Match
Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens
The match begins with Owens attacking Strowman with a few strikes as the bell sounds, Strowman shoves Owens into the referee by accident. Strowman then drops a charging Owens with a shoulder block, Strowman chases Owens from the outside of the ring to the inside of the ring before landing a back elbow strike. Strowman drops Owens with a single strike before landing some stomps, Strowman drops Owens again with a few Irish whips into the corner. Owens gets his boots up as Strowman charges at him, Owens goes to the top rope and Strowman punches him down to the arena floor. Strowman goes out of the ring and he grabs Owens as Owens tries escaping through the crowd, Owens catches Strowman with a tornado DDT on the arena floor.
Strowman gets back in the ring and Owens attacks him with a series of strikes, Strowman recovers and drops a charging Owens with a clothesline. Strowman charges at Owens in the corner and he winds up crashing into the ring post before falling out of the ring, Strowman makes it back to the ring as we go to a commercial break. We return from the break to see Owens holding Strowman in a chin lock, Strowman gets free to hit Owens with a clothesline followed by a choke slam. Strowman goes for the running power slam and Owens escapes to attack his knee, Owens catches a downed Strowman with several kicks to the head followed by a senton for a near fall. Owens goes for a cannonball and Strowman avoids it before landing a boot to the face, Strowman again misses a charge into the corner and Owens drops him with a super kick.
Owens goes to the top rope and he lands a frog splash for a near fall, Owens waits for Strowman to stand up before landing another super kick. Owens goes for a pop up power bomb and Strowman avoids it before landing a clotheslines, Strowman then hits Owens with an avalanche. Owens rolls out of the ring and Strowman nails him with several shoulder tackles, Strowman gets Owens back in the ring and Owens gets back out of the way. Strowman goes back out of the ring to land another shoulder tackle, Strowman gets Owens back in the ring to land a running power slam for the three count.
Winner: Braun Strowman
- Mike Rome interviews Roman Reigns in the locker room, Reigns says he is the uncrowned WWE Universal Champion and he has been screwed over again. Reigns says he is in full control of everything when he is in the ring, Reigns says he wouldn’t want to be his opponents tonight because he is pissed off.
- Bayley says she cannot wait to win the Money In The Bank Ladder Match, Breezango says they will handle the new case and that is the Money In The Bank case.
- Raw GM Kurt Angle is talking to Goldust in his office, Goldust wants an opportunity to qualify for the Money In The Bank Ladder Match when Jinder Mahal walks in with Sunil Singh at his side. Mahal complains about not being in a Money In The Bank Qualifying Match tonight, Angle says Mahal hasn’t won a match since coming to Raw. Angle says that Mahal will face Chad gable in a rematch tonight, Mahal must win for Angle to consider him for a qualifying match.
No Way Jose & Titus Worldwide (Titus O’Neil & Apollo Crews) w/Dana Brooke vs. Baron Corbin & The Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson)
The match begins with Wilder attacking O’Neil with a few strikes, O’Neil traps Wilder in the corner while landing a chop. Crews tags in and he nails Wilder with an elbow drop, Wilder traps Crews in the corner before tagging Dawson in. Crews attacks both of The Revival with drop kicks, Crews then hits a downed Wilder with a standing moonsault. Wilder interferes as Corbin tags in and they all attack Crews with strikes, Corbin drags Crews out of the ring before throwing him into the barricade. Corbin gets Crews back in the ring before landing a few strikes, Dawson tags in and he nails Crews with a back suplex followed by a leg drop. Dawson then applies the abdominal stretch to Crews, Corbin tags in and he catches Crews with an elbow strike.
Crews tries fighting back and Corbin quickly drops him, Corbin gets distracted and Crews nails him with an enzaguri. Jose and Dawson get tagged in by their respective partners, Jose quickly cleans house against the opposing team. Jose catches Dawson with an avalanche followed by a Finlay roll for a near fall, Crews hits the ring and he hits Wilder with a clothesline. Corbin pulls down the top rope and Crews falls out of the ring, Corbin tags in and he hits Jose with the End Of days from out of nowhere for the three count.
Winners: Baron Corbin & The Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson)
Money In The Bank Qualifying Match
Sasha Banks vs. Ruby Riott w/Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan vs. Ember Moon
The match begins with Riott attacking Banks and Moon with a plethora of strikes, Moon and Banks double team Riott until she gets out of the ring. Moon takes Banks down before eating a right to the face, Banks then takes Moon down with a rope assisted arm drag takedown. Riott drags Banks out of the ring before catching Moon with a kick to the head for a near fall, Riott traps Moon in the corner before landing some more strikes. Banks returns and Riott kicks her in the midsection before landing a knee strike face smash into the middle turnbuckle, Riott shoves Moon to the ground and Moon gets back up to drop her. Moon nails Riott with a flat liner for a near fall, Logan interferes and the distraction allows Riott to hit Moon with an STO for a near fall.
Banks tries getting back in the ring and Riott kicks her back to the arena floor, Riott holds Moon down while applying the scarf hold. Riott catches Moon with a knee strike followed by a kick to the midsection, Moon tries fighting back and Riott lands a back elbow strike for a near fall. Banks returns and Riott drops her alongside Moon for a series of near falls, Riott kicks Banks until she goes outside the ring again. Moon goes for a roll up and Riott escapes to land a clothesline for a near fall, Riott applies the chin lock to a downed Moon. Moon eventually breaks the hold by nailing Riott with a jaw breaker, Banks returns to the ring to nail Riott with clotheslines and knee strikes. Moon catches Banks with a springboard cross body for a near fall, Moon then hits both opponents with head and arm suplexes.
Moon then drops kicks Riott from the ring apron onto the rest of the Riott Squad, Banks then does a doves from the ring apron onto the Riott Squad. Riott then hits Banks with a missile drop kick from the ring apron, Moon then takes out Riott with a suicide dive. Moon gets Riott back in the ring for a near fall on a pin attempt, Moon goes to the top rope and the Riott Squad pulls her to the arena floor. Banks then hits Riott with a knee strike before sending her into the middle turnbuckle, Banks goes to the top rope and Riott nails her with a forearm strike. Riott meets Banks on the top rope and Banks rolls through a hurricarana for a near fall. The Riott Squad attacks Banks on the arena floor until Bayley makes the save, Banks gets back in the ring and she eats a kick from Riott. Moon catches Banks and Riott with a double Eclipse for the three count.
Winner: Ember Moon
- Charly Caruso interviews Ember Moon backstage, Moon says she is over the moon with the win and she has proved people wrong before. Moon says that this is only the beginning and says she will rise to win the Money In The Bank contract.
- A highlight video airs about the life and pro wrestling career of Bobby Lashley.
- Renee Young interviews Bobby Lashley, who says he is extremely blessed because he had a great family and he is still close with them all. Lashley talks about his sisters and each of their distinct personalities, Lashley says his new family is the WWE Universe and they will have a lot of fun together.
- Sami Zayn is talking to Kevin Owens in the locker room about the cloud of conspiracy following them, Owens is still angry that Zayn slapped him at WWE Backlash. Zayn says they need to focus and win the Money In The Bank contract, so that they can win the WWE Universal Title. Zayn wants to make sure Owens is still by his side and Owens says he is.
Jinder Mahal w/Sunil Singh vs. Chad Gable
The match begins with Gable nailing Mahal with a rolling kick to the head, Gable then nails Mahal with strikes in the corner. Gable scores a takedown on Mahal and he gets a near fall on a pin attempt, Gable tries controlling Mahal with a front face lock. Mahal gets Gable to the ring apron before knocking him to the arena floor, Mahal gets Gable to the ring apron before smashing his face on the mat for a near fall. Mahal then traps Gable in the bear hug, Gable gets free and he catches Mahal with a few strikes before getting nailed with an Irish whip. Mahal slows things down again by applying the abdominal stretch to Gable, Gable gets free and he catches Mahal in a rope assisted arm bar. Gable goes to the top rope and he catches Mahal with a moonsault for a near fall, Mahal recovers and he catches Gable with a knee strike.
Mahal looks for a slam and Gable rolls him up for a near fall, Mahal rolls to the ring apron before dropping Gable neck first on the top rope. Mahal then nails Gable with a boot to the face, Mahal catches Gable with his finisher for the three count.
Winner: Jinder Mahal w/Sunil Singh
After the match, Chad Gable attacks a taunting Sunil Singh until Jinder Mahal attacks Gable further.
- Alexa Bliss says she will win Money In The Bank and reclaim her title, The Ascension says they will rise and rise and win Money In The Bank.
- Raw GM Kurt Angle is talking to Zack Ryder in his office, Ryder wants a chance to qualify for the Money In The Bank Ladder Match. Jinder Mahal interrupts and he wants to be in a qualifying match tonight, Angle turns him down.
Rhyno & Heath Slater vs. Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre
The match begins with Ziggler attacking Rhyno with a few strikes before eating a clothesline, Slater tags in and he catches Ziggler with a top rope tomahawk chop. Slater then hits Ziggler with a running forearm strike, Ziggler gets free from Slater and he tags McIntyre into the match. Slater attacks McIntyre with a series of strikes until McIntyre nails him with a flying kick to the midsection, McIntyre rips the shirt off Slater before throwing it at Rhyno. Ziggler tags in and he nails Slater with a super kick before McIntyre lands an inverted Alabama Slam, Ziggler and McIntyre hit Slater with their finisher for the three count.
Winners: Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre
- Elias is shown warming up backstage.
- Elias is in the ring and he wants to know “who wants to walk with Elias?” Elias talks about the interruptions he suffered during his performance at WWE Backlash, Elias issues a warning to Bobby Roode to prevent him from interrupting tonight. Elias sings his song and it mocks Roode, Roode eventually interrupts and makes his way to the ring.
Elias vs. Bobby Roode
The match begins with Elias getting Roode in the corner before Roode attacks him with strikes, Roode briefly gets Elias down while landing more strikes. Elias gets up and Roode nails him with a clothesline, Roode goes to the top rope before nailing Elias with a diving clothesline. Roode then knocks Elias out of the ring with an enzaguri as we go to a commercial break, we return from the break to see Roode nailing Elias with more strikes. Elias recovers and catches a charging Roode with a back body drop, Elias traps Roode in the corner while attacking his back with strikes. Elias picks up Roode and he tosses him across the ring for a near fall, Elias keeps Roode down while applying the cross face to him. Roode uses a roll up on Elias to eventually break the hold, Roode fights back against Elias by landing a ton of punches and chops.
Elias slows down Roode by catching him with an Irish whip into the corner, Roode escapes a slam to catch Elias with a spine buster for a near fall. Elias recovers and he catches Roode with a back breaker followed by a series of stomps, Elias then hits Roode with a power bomb for a near fall. Elias goes to the corner and he removes a piece of the turnbuckle pad, Roode rolls to the ring apron and prevents himself from getting thrown into the exposed section of the corner. Roode nails Elias with a Glorious DDT from out of nowhere for a three count.
Winner: Bobby Roode
After the match, Charly Caruso interviews Bobby Roode, who says that he wants to be in a qualifying match for Money In The Bank.
- Seth Rollins is shown walking backstage.
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins makes his way to the ring and he has a microphone in hand, Rollins says The Miz took him to the limit at WWE Backlash. Rollins promises to be a fighting champion and he issues an open challenge for the title tonight, which is answered by Mojo Rawley. Rawley says this is the opportunity he deserves in his Raw debut, Rawley says he will beat Rollins like he did to Zack Ryder.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Mojo Rawley
The match begins with Rawley applying the headlock to Rollins, Rollins gets free and he nails Rawley with a drop kick followed by chops. Rollins then sends a charging Rawley out of the ring before missing a dive on the arena floor, Rawley nails Rollins with a clothesline from behind. Rawley then tackles Rollins into the barricade as we go to a commercial break, we return from the break to see Rawley holding Rollins in a chin lock. Rollins gets free and Rawley traps him in the corner before landing an STO for a near fall, Rollins tries fighting back and he eventually propels Rawley into the turnbuckle. Rollins gets to the middle rope and he leaps off before nailing Rawley with an enzaguri, Rollins then knocks Rawley out of the ring with a clothesline.
Rollins follows that up by catching Rawley with multiple suicide dives, Rollins gets Rawley in the ring before landing a blockbuster for a near fall. Rollins gets to the ring apron before missing a springboard move, Rawley catches Rollins with a spine buster for a near fall. Rollins escapes a roll up from Rawley to land a super kick for a near fall, Rawley recovers and he nails a charging Rollins with an inverted flapjack for a near fall. Rawley follows that up by catching Rollins with a pounce, Rollins recovers to hit Rawley with a super kick followed by a knee strike and curb stomp for a three count.
Winner: Seth Rollins, still the WWE Intercontinental Champion
- Finn Balor says that he enjoys earning his opportunities and says he will win tonight before winning the Money In The Bank contract.
Deleter Of Worlds (Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt) vs. Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel
The match begins with Wyatt nailing a charging Axel with a clothesline, Hardy tags in and he double teams Axel with Wyatt for a near fall. Hardy goes for a Twist Of Fate and Axel gets him in the corner, Dallas tags in and he double teams Hardy before landing a DDT for a near fall. Dallas then hits Hardy with some knee strikes before applying a chin lock, Hardy gets free and he nails Dallas with a Side Effect. Wyatt and Axel get tagged in by their respective partners, Wyatt catches Axel with a running cross body block followed by a boot to the face of Dallas. Wyatt then hits Axel with a uranage before tagging Hardy in, Hardy and Wyatt hit Axel with a double flat liner for the three count.
Winners: Deleter Of Worlds (Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt)
- Natalya says it was an honor to compete in the first women's Money In The Bank Ladder match before saying she'll win the second one, Baron Corbin says he will win the Money In The Bank contract for a second time.
Money In The Bank Qualifying Match
Finn Balor vs. Sami Zayn vs. Roman Reigns
The match begins with Reigns attacking a trash talking Zayn with a right, Reigns then hits Balor with a knee strike followed by a headbutt. Balor recovers to nail Reigns with a drop kick before landing a few strikes in the corner, Balor goes for a rope assisted enzaguri and Reigns nails him with a right as we go to a commercial break. We return from the break to see Balor nailing Reigns with a drop kick followed by several stomps, Zayn returns to roll up Balor for a near fall. Reigns catches Zayn with some clotheslines before nailing Balor with clothesline smashes in the corner, Reigns then kicks Zayn in the face before nailing Balor with a Samoan drop. Zayn and Balor get angry before double teaming Reigns, Zayn and Balor then knock Reigns out of the ring with a double clothesline.
Zayn and Balor follow Reigns out of the ring before battling with him into the crowd, Balor holds Reigns near the tech area before Zayn knocks him in there with a Helluva Kick. Balor then leaps off the barricade to catch Reigns with a Cupe De Grace, Zayn attacks Balor and they battle through the crowd and to the ringside area. Zayn gets Balor in the ring before landing a clothesline for a near fall, Zayn catches Balor with a blue thunder bomb for a near fall. Balor recovers and he drops Zayn with an overhead kick, Balor then hits Zayn with a flying forearm strike and some running chops. Balor crushes Zayn with a falling elbow strike for a near fall, Zayn eats a few strikes before sending Balor out of the ring. Zayn goes out of the ring and Balor catches him with a Sling Blade, Balor charges at Zayn and he eats a boot to the face.
Reigns returns and he leaps over the barricade to hit Zayn, Reigns then throws Zayn into the ring post before landing a Drive By. Balor returns and he shoves Reigns into the ring steps, Balor drops Zayn in the ring before leaping off the top rope. Zayn then hits Balor with an exploder suplex into the corner, Reigns returns to the ring to nail a charging Zayn with a superman punch. Reigns goes for a spear and Balor lands a Sling Blade followed by a shotgun drop kick, Balor misses the Cupe De Grace and Reigns alnds a superman punch. Jinder Mahal appears out of nowhere to trip up Reigns, Zayn nails Reigns with a Helluva Kick before getting nailed by Balor. Balor catches Zayn with a Coupe De Grace for the three count.
Winner: Finn Balor