- Drew McIntyre comes out and demands to know Dolph Ziggler's stipulation for their match.
- Dolph comes out and makes a reference to "THE DECISION," which happened TEN YEARS AGO. Another "taking his talents to South Beach" reference, too.
- Drew goes through how he got fired, came back and made his dreams come true.
- Ziggler says Drew McIntyre uses people and leaves them behind and brings out Heath Slater, saying he's done it to him, too.
- Heath says he cried when Drew won the WWE Title. When Drew got fired years ago he called Drew every day, came and had dinner with him. Drew hasn't done the same thing for him. He only talked to him on The Bump.
- Heath said that this isn't a gimmick, he needs a job for his kids. Drew was supposed to pitch a match with him, but he ended up on the unemployment line instead.
- Heath wants what he deserves, but Drew doesn't want to fight him. Heath slaps Drew. Drew gives him a match bedgrudgingly.
Drew McIntyre defeated Heath Slater
- Heath wails away at Drew, but a Claymore hits.
- That's a wrap.
- Dolph Ziggler attacks Heath, but Drew runs him off. Ziggler hits the bricks.
- Drew helps Heath up and they take a bow.
- This was a really good opening 20 minutes.
Kairi Sane (w/ Asuka) defeated Sasha Banks (w/ Bayley) via DQ
- Sasha and Bayley blow off Sarah backstage.
- They brag in the ring about what they're about to accomplish when Sasha wins the Raw title.
- Asuka says they're not ready, and brings out Kairi Sane after Bayley eggs her on.
- The match was slow early, but better safe than sorry after the last seven months Kairi has been through. That didn't last, though. They beat each other up.
- Kairi takes out both Bayley and Sasha with a suicide dropkick. She lays it in on some strikes, as does Sasha with her corner knees.
- Sasha Banks is bumping her ass off.
- Kairi had The Anchor locked on, but interference causes a DQ.
- WWE loves booking matches where they feel like they have to protect everyone and nobody gets over. Bayley interferes and ends this match. I'm so sick of this booking.
- WWE production did really well on the Kairi spot to the outside, and didn't make it look like Bayley and Sasha were standing there forever.
KEVIN OWENS SHOW
- Aleister Black is laid out backstage with a Rey Mysterio mask on. Seth Rollins walks by.
- WWE has nerfed Aleister Black so hard in the last couple of months. Never pinned one-on-one on the main roster, now he's getting beaten up backstage and White Knighting with Humberto.
- Kevin Owens isn't happy, and throws office chairs from the ring.
- He brings out Seth Rollins, who jokes about KO fracturing his ankle at WrestleMania.
- This prompts KO to give Rollins a KOMania 4 shirt.
- Rollins officially challenges Rey Mysterio since he's medically cleared.
- Rollins wants KO to fight with him instead of fighting against him.
- Rey shows up and accepts the challenge.
- KO steps up for Aleister Black, and pitches the winner picking the stipulation for Rollins vs. Mysterio.
- Murphy attacks and they're off.
Winner Picks Extreme Rules Stipulation
Rey Mysterio & Kevin owens defeated The Disciples
- It's good to see Owens and Mysterio both back in the ring.
- Rollins goes outside the ring and digs at the eyes of Dom.
- Owens gets worked over in this until Rey Mysterio gets the hot tag.
- Mysterio is about to 619 Murphy and Rollins, but Rollins grabs Dom.
- Aleister makes the save, but Rollins wants to get hit for the DQ.
- Instead, the ref is distracted, and Dom claws the eyes of Murphy
- That's a wrap. Frog splash from Rey for the win.
- Not much for distraction, bullshit and gaga finishes, but I thought that one was really clever.
- I don't have a clue what Rey Mysterio is talking about but he says an EYE FOR AN EYE match or something.
Bobby Lashley & MVP defeated Cedric Alexander & Ricochet
- Lashley and MVP come out. They casually announce MVP vs. Crews for Extreme Rules.
- MVP unveils the new United States Title. Well, it's new. I'll give them that. He crowns himself champion.
- Ricochet and Cedric Alexander come out and say that they're going to make the Hurt Business go Chapter 11. Clever!
- They dropkick Lashley.
- MVP is wrestling this match in a suit. This is hilarious.
- This is Cedric and Ricochet bumping like crazy for Lashley, and then getting some offense in.
- Cedric Alexander hits a Tornado DDT on MVP.
- Lashley does a spear on Cedric and gets the win.
- Ricochet has to save Cedric from a full nelson after the match.
- MVP is backstage trying to recruit Cedric Alexander, and says he's holding himself back with Ricochet.
Randy Orton, Angel Garza & Andrade (w/ Zelina) defeated The Viking Raiders & The Big Show
- Big Show wants the Viking Raiders to take things serious. They joke around and he throws two light chops, and they GET SERIOUS.
- Flair is there AGAIN!? Woof
- Orton brings up that Garza and Andrade are both third generation wrestlers. He tells them to stay out of his way when he gets Big Show.
- Big Show beats Angel Garza's ass, and gets in on Viking Raiders' fun.
- Garza breaks up a pin and gets scolded by Randy Orton.
- Garza an Andrade are doing the heavy lifting, and Big Show avoids an RKO.
- During a ruckus, Orton hits Erick with an RKO and wins.
- I actually love Randy Orton, Angel Garza and Andrade as Legacy 2.0.
- R-Truth bumps in to Ric Flair and Randy Orton, and Flair thinks he's Tozawa.
- Tozawa runs into them, and Orton sends them the wrong way.
Billie Kay (w/ Peyton Royce) defeated Ruby Riott
- The IIconics and Ruby talk trash backstage.
- Billie Kay is beating Ruby's ass.
- The IIconics capitalize off a distraction.
- There was a rough botch in the finish with the uranage spinebuster. This wasn't very good.
Asuka (w/ Kairi Sane) defeated Bayley (w/ Sasha Banks)
- Asuka says after she beats Bayley, she's going to challenge the Golden Role Models to a tag team title match next Monday.
- Sasha Banks accepts that match, but to Bayley's chagrin.
- I love Nikki Cross not being allowed on Raw until she was given permission. LONG LIVE THE BRAND SPLIT. This was outstanding.
- Nikki Cross his hilarious on commentary, and goes after Bayley after being smacked. This is even better. Nikki Cross gets thrown out.
- Kairi is trying to help Asuka get up, but Sasha and Bayley aren't happy about it.
- There's some great back and forth action, and Bayley gets on commentary.
- Bayley trolls Asuka's dancing, then they slug it out.
- Asuka clubs Bayley with a big backfist.
- Bayley plays possum (maybe?), and slams her knee into Asuka up against the barricade.
- Bayley attacks Kairi Sane, and gets a distraction that leads to a Bayley to Back.
- Sashas gets water for Bayley. Nikki Cross scares Bayley outside the glass and Asuka applies the Asuka Lock.
- Kairi stops Sasha's interference, and Asuka pins Bayley.
10- Perfect, 9- MOTY Territory, 8- Excellent, 7- Great, 6- Good, 5- Average to above average, 4- Slightly below average, 3 or below: Poor
Each match starts at a 5 and slides up and down based on entertainment, execution, time, environment, reaction and stakes. The ratings are in no way an indication of a "star rating," which is a completely different system. A standard, non-offensive "TV match" lands at a 5. The gap between 5.75-6 is generally the largest, with anything reaching 6 being recommended viewing.
These are opinions, and incredibly inconsistent ones that may change upon a second viewing, or sitting on the match for a period of time. Don't take them too seriously, and have (and share) your own!
- From The Web