- Miz TV kicks off Smackdown Live, and calls Shane McMahon "Pest in the World."
- Shane McMahon is joined by Drew McIntyre and Elias, but this is way too much Shane McMahon on WWE TV.
- Shane is an okay heel, but he's way overexposed. I know WWE thinks that means he's got the right kind of heat, but before long, he won't.
- Roman going after Drew is brought up, and McIntyre puts his Claymore over.
- The "YOU DO UNDERSTAND" Miz.
- Shane McMahon's baked potato jokes still hit well.
- This shit was the first 20 minutes of the television broadcast.
- If Miz beats Elias and Drew, he gets to face Shane McMahon.
- Elias' ropewalk Meteora is great. So is his sitdown powerbomb.
- This match lasts all of two minutes. Miz wins with a Skull Crushing Finale.
- This made Elias look like a joke.
Elias is eliminated.
- Drew McIntyre is up next, and he already lasts longer than Elias because the commercial break happens immediately.
- Drew McIntyre overpowers Miz and hits a Claymore for the Win.
Miz is beaten
- Shane McMahon gives Miz his match anyway.
- Shane attacks and locks Miz in the triangle and gets the submission.
Heavy Machinery defeated The YOLO County Tag Team Champions
- Daniel Bryan and Rowan are out to trash talk the YOLO County Tag Team Champions, but Heavy Machinery interrupts.
- Heavy Machinery want a shot at the tag titles, but they're getting the YOLO Champs instead.
- This is a squash. Otis hits the Worm.
- Compactor Wins it.
- Daniel Bryan keeps Rowan from attacking Heavy Machinery after the match.
- R-Truth recaps his week to Carmella, and accidentally gets locked in a box.
- Jinder Mahal impersonates Carmella when he finds Truth. This is Jinder Mahal's best work.
- Jinder is going to find Truth after he's been loaded up to go to LA. Carmella can't find him.
Sonya Deville (w/ Mandy Rose) defeated Nikki Cross
- Backstage, Fire & Desire troll Ember Moon some more. Sonya knocks a book out of Ember's hands. Ember does a hilarious scream and throws a trash can.
- This is a match I'm stoked to see on Smackdown.
- Sonya Deville's sliding knee is outstanding.
- Carmella counters a jacknife pin into a Code of Silence.
- Mandy puts Sonya's foot on the rope, but she just could have done it herself.
- Sonya and Carmella are going hard in this match. Another great knee, a Sonya bump outside, and a Carmella suicide dive.
- Sonya scores another knee for the win.
- Carmella has gotten very good.
- Aleister Black promo is basically me trying to get Alex to like anything in WWE.
- Apollo cuts a promo about Andrade, and Zelina confronts him. She was great here. Gable is seen taking notes.
Bayley defeated Nikki Cross (w/ Alexa Bliss)
- Alexa Bliss tells Nikki that there were hurtful things on social media said about her after the interference last night.
- Okay, so this is all the Wild Cards, right? Nope
- Bold of Bayley to do that sliding dropkick.
- Nikki Cross' falling reverse DDT is good, glad to see that move used on TV again.
- Bayley is really hard hitting, for better or for worse. She lays in her rope stunner and elbows. Sooner or later, I need to see Bayley in a strong style type match, because she already lays that shit in
- Flying Elbow Drop wins it for Bayley.
New Day and HEELZ
- I'm so glad Big E is back. Honestly, the two months flew by, and having him on TV a few weeks ago was a nice touch. Knee braceless Big E at that.
- They make a "booking joke" about Charlotte, titles reigns, and flights to Charlotte, NC.
- Ziggler cuts a crazy promo, and Owens follows, Zayn is hilarious when he's upset about New Day talking about his narrow behind.
- What we don't need are two 15 minute promos on one show.
- Kofi Kingston talking about all the times he beat people was really good. He exudes the qualities of a champion at this point.
New Day defeated Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens & Dolph Ziggler
- Big E is officially back, and worked in the ring.
- Dolph Ziggler has a hell of a dropkick.
- Kofi is worked over for quite some time until Xavier Wood's excellent hot tag, complete with big lariat.
- They're really playing up Big E's return hot tag.
- This entire match is short babyface bursts, and sustained heel heat.
- Owens does a nice second rope moonsault. This was very cool.
- The Big E spot pays off and the crowd goes nuts.
- Trouble in Paradise on Ziggler and Zayn and Zayn is pinned. This was solid.
10- Perfect, 9- MOTY Territory, 8- Excellent, 7- Great, 6- Good, 5- Average to above average, 4- Slightly below average, 3 or below: Poor
Each match starts at a 5 and slides up and down based on entertainment, execution, time, environment, reaction and stakes. The ratings are in no way an indication of a "star rating," which is a completely different system. A standard, non-offensive "TV match" lands at a 5.The gap between 5.75-6 is generally the largest, with anything reaching 6 being recommended viewing.
These are opinions, and incredibly inconsistent ones. Don't take them too seriously, and have (and share) your own!