- Randy Orton hits the ring, and goes to explain why he did what he did to Xavier.
- He says Kofi is stupid, over and over again. Every time Orton gives him a chance, Kofi fails.
- Kofi's music hits, and Kofi shows up behind Orton and lands Trouble in Paradise.
- Kofi goes to Pillmanize Orton, but Revival come out and eat chairs instead.
- WWE is doing a disservice to this angle if they don't mention The Revival broke Kofi's leg years ago.
King of the Ring Opening Round
Andrade (w/ Zelina) defeated Apollo Crews
- Apollo Crews cracks Andrade with a big clothesline and catches him with a mid-air dropkick.
- Andrade got double knees and sent Apollo into the stairs.
- During the commercial, they go back and forth. We're welcomed back with a pop-up gutbuster for Apollo, though.
- There's a strike exchange that gets the crowd hot for Apollo's standing star press. He is not 50 or 60 pounds heavier than Ricochet as commentary claims.
- Zelina interference and Andrade Hammerlock DDT get it done.
- This almost hit recommended viewing because the crowd got hot, but too much was in a commercial.
Moment of Bliss
- Charlotte Flair asked to be on the show and jokes that the throne is more fitting for her.
- Charlotte trashes Bayley.
- Bayley comes out with a pretty mediocre promo.
- Charlotte says she has to clean Bayley's mess and win the title at Clash of Champions. Bayley accepts the challenge.
- Bayley pushes Charlotte off her chair.
- I'm fine with Bayley and Charlotte, but they really have to make some more top stars that can work and treat them like stars.
Buddy Murphy defeated Daniel Bryan (w/ Rowan)
- Reigns wants to know if Murphy is telling the truth or not, and Murphy THOUGHT he saw Rowan. Reigns say she'll kick Murphy's ass if he's lying.
- Bryan calls Murphy a liar and isn't happy with him.
- Murphy immediately cracks Bryan with the big knee.
- We go to commercial, and we really shouldn't have this early.
- LeBell Lock applied after a dropkick. Murphy struggles, but gets out.
- Buddy counters Yes Kicks with a wheel kick, but falls victim to a tree of woe. A belly-to-back superplex follows. It's a mean one.
- Murphy turns things up with a Cheeky Nandos kick and running powerbomb that spices up the match.
- Murphy backslide, knee and kick to the face and brainbuster ALMOST get it done, but Bryan's foot is on the ropes.
- Murphy kicks Rowan and hits Murphy's Law on Bryan for the win!
- Another great one out of Buddy Murphy.
- Bryan and Rowan attack Murphy backstage and Claw Slam him.
The Revival defeated Heavy Machinery
- The Revival cut a promo about New Day being cowards. I think they do well, but I don't like the "all you people" aspect of it.
- The Revival challenge New Day to a Smackdown Tag Team Title match.
- Heavy Machinery come out and take over pretty early. Another match, another commercial
- The Revival take over during the commercial until Otis gets the hot tag.
- They capitalize on the distraction and Revival pick up a roll up win.
- Harmless tag match that establishes Revival as contenders.
- Chad Gable says he understands why he's the underdog in the tourney. Shelton Benjamin is behind him and puts a "short joke" sign on the door.
King of the Ring Opening Round
Elias defeated Kevin Owens
- Elias finds Drake Maverick and John Cone, and shows Drake that the 24/7 Title rules have been suspended so he can focus on King of the Ring. Elias is so good.
- Shane McMahon brought Kevin Owens into his office to say what's on his mind. Owens tries to level with Shane McMahon about what $100,000 means to him.
- I'm glad WWE is making money a factor in a storyline. For too long, "Superstars" would be portrayed as above worrying about money. Which makes you wonder why so many people are working in the first place.
- Shane tells Owens to apologize, which Owens does.
- New Elias theme? What the hell is this?
- Owens hits a Cannonball and German Suplex, and Shane McMahon comes out. What da hail.
- We come back to see Elias get a big knee.
- This crowd is dead. They didn't need a chinlock at 9:55 PM EST.
- Elias impressively hits a spinning sitout powerbomb and gets his knees up on a senton attempt.
- Shane McMahon trolls KO again, and reveals he's wearing a ref shirt.
- Owens almost runs into Shane, who fast counts him.
- Sami Zayn comes out and says he doesn't care about this show but needed TV time.
- Zayn brings out Nakamura, who he is apparently managing now.
- Sami Zayn managing Shinsuke Nakamura is something that I didn't realize I needed.
- Zayn says Nakamura is an artist who is tired of being misunderstood, and that won't happen anymore.
- They attack the Miz, and a new partnership is born.
KIDNAPPING OR SOMETHING.
- Backstage, Rowan and Daniel Bryan bring some guy with a hood over his face backstage.
- After they beat down Murphy, they harass the dude again.
- Roman is backstage with them at the end of the show.
- Bryan reveals a guy who looks just like Rowan as the person who attacked him. This was kinda hilarious.
10- Perfect, 9- MOTY Territory, 8- Excellent, 7- Great, 6- Good, 5- Average to above average, 4- Slightly below average, 3 or below: Poor
Each match starts at a 5 and slides up and down based on entertainment, execution, time, environment, reaction and stakes. The ratings are in no way an indication of a "star rating," which is a completely different system. A standard, non-offensive "TV match" lands at a 5. The gap between 5.75-6 is generally the largest, with anything reaching 6 being recommended viewing.
These are opinions, and incredibly inconsistent ones. Don't take them too seriously, and have (and share) your own!
- From The Web