History was made on Sunday Morning at the G1 Climax Finals.
Kenny Omega became the first westerner in history to win the tournament, and did it with the crowd on his side against longtime fan favorite HirookI Goto. The match developed very much into an American-style main event, Each man not only busting out everything in their own arsenals, but Omega also used the finishers of Kota Ibushi, Prince Devitt/Finn Balor and AJ Styles as well. In the end, it was Kenny Omega's very own One Winged Angel that got the job done. After the match, Omega wouldn't wave the G1 Climax flag, instead waving the Bullet Club flag. He reiterated that the Bullet Club and Elite were not dead. He then spoke in Japanese to a huge pop while calling out Okada.
* Tiger Mask & Jushin Liger defeated David Finlay & Ryusuke Taguchi
* Jado & Gedo defeated Captain New Japan & YOSHITATSU
* YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii defeated Tomoaki Honma & Togi Makabe
* Masa Kitamiya, Maybach Taniguchi, Go Shiozaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima defeated Manabu Nakanishi, Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Katsuyori Shibata
* IWGP Tag Team Title Match: Champions The Briscoes defeated Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi & Hangman Page)
* ROH Title Match: Champion Jay Lethal defeated Satoshi Kojima
* Los Ingobernables (BUSHI, “King of Darkness” EVIL, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) defeated KUSHIDA, Juice Robinson, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin
* CHAOS (Naomichi Marufuji, Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada) defeated Bullet Club (Tanga Roa, Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale)
* G1 Finals: Kenny Omega defeated Hirooki Goto