Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 Fan Festa. We'll be bringing you full, match by match coverage of every bout on the card. You can also send in your feedback on our Disqus boards below!
Lion’s Gate Special Tag Match 3: Yuji Nagata & Hirai Kawato def. Manabu Nakanishi & Syota Umino
Lion’s Gate Special Tag Match 2: Satoshi Kojima & Katsuya Kitamura def. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Tomoyuki Oka
Lion’s Gate Special Tag Match 1: Tiger Mask IV & Ren Narita def. Jushin “Thunder” Liger & Tetsuhiro Yagi
(Note: Since I do not speak Japanese, I will do my best to give you an idea of what is going on as the wrestlers come to the ring for their interviews, which takes place before the three matches begin.)
- Togi Makabe, Kushida and a woman come to the ring. Makabe has a microphone and he says something to the crowd, Kushida does the same and the woman also says a few words to the crowd. All three then grab ceremonial hammers and pose for the cameras. The three then take the hammers and break the wood on top of the drum.
- A proclamation is read in the ring and then a commercial airs showing Fire Pro Wrestling World featuring NJPW stars on Playstation 4. Togi Makabe and Kushida return to the ring, Kushida says a few words to the crowd, followed by Makabe doing the same thing. Two more people come into the ring and say a few words to the crowd, they represent the Fire Pro Wrestling World video game.
Another commercial airs for Fire Pro Wrestling World, Kushida and Makabe comment on the video game. A graphic airs showing the history of Fire Pro Wrestling as the game reps speak, they are going over the details about the video game. Kushida and Makabe then play each other in the game, Kushida wins the match and is awarded a title.
Ryusuke Taguchi comes to the ring with two people behind him, he grabs the microphone and says something to everybody in the ring. The man and woman also grab the microphone to say a few things, everybody in the ring goes back and forth for quite awhile. Kushida and Taguchi have a face off, all parties meet in the middle of the ring to chant “Fire Pro.”
- The Young Bucks make their way to the ring and strike their signature pose, Roppongi 3K come out next with Rocky Romero at their side. Nick grab the microphone and mocks the theme song of the opposing team, Nick says that this isn’t their first rodeo because The Young Bucks have been doing this for a long time. Nick then says that they are planning on winning the titles at Wrestle Kingdom 12, Matt grabs a microphone to mock the attire of the champs.
Matt says that every time they compete, it is Wrestle Kingdom to them. Matt says The Young Bucks are at a higher level than Roppongi 3K, Matt then calls Roppongi 3K nothing more than young boys. Matt says The Young Bucks will go down as the greatest junior tag team in NJPW history, Yoh and Sho respond to what the Bucks said. Romero says that both teams are the top teams in the world, but Roppongi 3K will prove they are better at Wrestle Kingdom 12. Romero then calls The Young Bucks the old lions, while calling Roppongi 3K the gold standard of pro wrestling. The two teams face off for the cameras.
- Cody makes his way to the ring with Brandi Rhodes at his side, Kota Ibushi makes his way to the ring next. Cody grabs the microphone and says his suit is green because of the amount of money he has made in Bullet Club, Cody says he has nothing but respect for Ibushi. Cody finishes by saying that he will prove who is the best at Wrestle Kingdom 12, Brandi gets the microphone and says everybody will watch Cody beat Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom 12. Ibushi grabs the microphone and he gives a speech to the crowd, the translator says that Ibushi called Cody crazy. Cody and Ibushi face off for the cameras.
- Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi, Juice Robinson & Togi Makabe) come to the ring, Taguchi has the microphone and he says a few things. Robinson gets the microphone and he says Taguchi Japan will win the IWGP NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Team Titles, Makabe grabs the microphone next and gives a few statements as well. Taguchi Japan poses for the cameras and they exit the ring.
Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Berretta) come out next, Berretta shows a picture of his dog before saying a Chaos victory would be dedicated to his dog. Ishii gives a short speech before Yano gets the microphone, Yano gives a speech and Chaos poses for the cameras.
Michael Elgin & War Machine (Raymond Rowe & Hanson) come out next, Rowe grabs the microphone and says people will talk a lot about what will happen at Wrestle Kingdom. Rowe says it is an honor and privilege for War Machine to compete at Wrestle Kingdom, Hanson says NJPW witnessed War Machine and world domination in 2017. Hanson says 2018 starts a new chapter for world domination, Elgin says he hasn’t been a champion in NJPW for over a year again, but says that will change when the win the championships at Wrestle Kingdom. Elgin and War Machine pose for the camera.
Suzuki-Gun (Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi) come out next, Taichi grabs the microphone and gives a speech. Sabre Jr. gets the microphone next and he says that he has the match covered, but wants Taichi to take care of the after party. Suzuki-Gun poses for the cameras.
Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Tonga Loa) come out next, Loa says that the Bullet Club don’t give a f*ck about who they are facing at Wrestle Kingdom. Tama gets the microphone and he says that Bullet Club shows up every year to do their thing, Tama says he will blow a gasket and take everybody out at Wrestle Kingdom. Fale gets the microphone and he gives a quick shout out before tossing the microphone. Bullet Club leaves the ring instead of posing for the cameras.
- Los Ingobernables (Evil & Sanada) come out next with their World Tag League trophies, Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) come out next. Evil places his trophy in the middle of the ring before saying a few words, Smith Jr. grabs the microphone and says Los Ingobernables won the World Tag League because they didn’t have to fight the Killer Elite Squad. Archer wants Los Ingobernables to understand that they will be going through pain and darkness at Wrestle Kingdom, tells them not to show up at the event. Archer mocks Los Ingobernables for losing the NEVER Openweight 6 Man Tag Team Titles, then says they won’t win the tag titles either. Archer says he sees no difference in Los Ingobernables when compared to when they were young boys. The two teams face off for the cameras.
- Hiromu Takahashi, Kushida, Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll all make their way to the ring. Takahashi grabs the microphone and shouts a few things before addressing his opponents, Kushida goes next and he gives a short speech to his opponents. Ospreay goes next and he shares a piece of his English chocolate with his opponents, Scurll tosses it back at him. Ospreay says that they have all shared the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title, Ospreay says all four competitors will make history at Wrestle Kingdom with the first fatal four way in the events history.
Ospreay says a lot of new fans will check out the event, which means they will have to show just how good the junior heavyweight division is and who the best is. Scurll goes next and he says that he’ll make history at Wrestle Kingdom by defeating three men in one night, Scurll says he will prove he is the best junior heavyweight going today. Scurll says NJPW needs change and he calls Kushida an old hand, Scurll also calls Takahashi a joke for making a mockery of pro wrestling. Scurll says it isn’t even fun to beat up Ospreay anymore, Scurll then mocks Ospreay for losing the title in his first defense. All four competitors then pose for the cameras.
- Jay White comes out next and Hiroshi Tanahashi comes out a short time later, White gets the microphone first and says Tanahashi can relax until Wrestle Kingdom. White says he won’t attack him because he doesn’t want Tanahashi to have any excuses for losing at Wrestle Kingdom, White says that Tanahashi cannot stop him from winning the IWGP Intercontinental Title. White also says that Tanahashi isn’t what he used to be, wants the old Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom. White says he’ll break down Tanahashi and promises to destroy his injured knee before winning the title.
Tanahashi gets the microphone next and he says White has a bright future, then says that White will not be the best in the present time. Tanahashi says he is the holder of White’s future, Tanahashi says he will be victorious at Wrestle Kingdom. White gets a microphone to say that his future is in his hands, then says he will crush Tanahashi and end his career. Tanahashi then promises to kick White’s ass, White says he’ll rip Tanahashi apart at Wrestle Kingdom. The two face off for the cameras.
- Hirooki Goto makes his way to the ring and is followed a short time later by Minoru Suzuki, Goto gets the microphone first and he gives a statement. Suzuki gets a microphone next and he gives a statement while going face to face with Goto, Suzuki then shows the hair clippers to Goto. The two get into a shoving contest before Suzuki gets the microphone again, Suzuki says something before another shoving contest breaks out. The two go after each others hair before Suzuki exits the ring.
- Tetsuya Naito makes his way to the ring and Kazuchika Okada comes out a short time later, Naito gets the microphone and he gives a statement. Okada goes next and he gives his statement, the two face off for the cameras and go their separate ways.
Lion’s Gate Special Tag Match 1: Jushin “Thunder” Liger & Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Tiger Mask IV & Ren Narita
The match begins with Narita cheap shotting Liger before the bell sounds, Narita traps Liger in the corner before assaulting him with strikes. Narita knocks Liger out of the ring and he throws him right back in, Narita assaults Liger with forearm strikes. Liger recovers and knocks Narita out of the ring with a palm strike, Mask IV tags in and Yagi tags in as well. Yagi attacks Mask IV with a chop and some other strikes, Mask IV recovers to nail Yagi with a series of kicks. Mask IV drops Yagi with a jumping spin kick before stomping away on him, Yagi recovers to drop a charging Mask IV with a drop kick. Liger tags in and he knocks Mask IV out of the ring, Liger then hits Mask IV with a basement drop kick.
Liger waits for Mask IV to get in the ring to land a running palm strike, Liger then applies a surfboard stretch until Narita breaks it up. Liger battles Narita on the arena floor as Yagi tags into the match, Yagi slams Mask IV before going for the kimura. Yagi nails Mask IV with forearm strikes before tagging Liger back in, Liger and Mask IV get into a chopping exchange. Mask IV and Liger drop each other with simultaneous clotheslines, Yagi and Narita get tagged in by their partners. Yagi gets the early edge by mauling Narita with chops, Yagi drops Narita before choking him in the corner. Narita recovers and kicks away at a cornered Yagi, Narita then decides to just stomp away on a downed Yagi, Narita and Yagi exchange some blows in the middle of the ring.
Yagi eventually drops Narita with a drop kick, Yagi and Narita exchange more blows until Yagi lands another drop kick. Mask IV tags in and Yagi drops him to apply a Boston crab, Narita breaks it all up and he double teams Yagi with Mask IV. Mask IV rolls for an arm bar and he transitions into a triangle choke until Liger breaks it up, Liger and Narita then battle on the arena floor. Mask IV catches Yagi with a few kicks and the tiger driver for the three count.
Winners: Tiger Mask IV & Ren Narita
Lion’s Gate Special Tag Match 2: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Tomoyuki Oka vs. Satoshi Kojima & Katsuya Kitamura
The match begins with Kojima working over Tenzan with a headlock, Kojima rakes the eyes of Tenzan before dropping him with a shoulder tackle. Tenzan fights back and he drops Kojima with Mongolian chops, Kitamura and Oka get the tags from their respective partners. Kitamura and Oka have a striking exchange in the middle of the ring, Kitamura and Oka exchange shoulder tackles until Kitamura goes down. Oka gets Kitamura up and Kitamura catches him with a gut wrench suplex, Kojima tags in and he kicks away at a cornered Oka. Kitamura and Kojima then hit Oka with a double shoulder tackle, Kojima follos up with a neck breaker of Oka.
Oka tries fighting back and Kojima quickly drops him, Kitamura tags back in and he attacks the back of Oka with strikes. Kitamura then hits Oka with a hip toss for a near fall, Kitamura follows that up with a slam on Oka for another near fall. Oka fights back and he catches Kitamura with a belly to belly suplex, Tenzan tags in and he cleans house on the opposing team. Tenzan also starts nailing Kitamura with some Mongolian chops, Tenzan traps Kitamura in the corner while attacking him with more strikes. Tenzan then hits Kitamura with a running clothesline in the corner before landing a suplex for a near fall, Tenzan goes for the anaconda vice and Kojima breaks it up.
Kitamura fights back and Tenzan nails him with a headbutt, Kitamura recovers to catch a charging Tenzan with a spear. Kojima tags in and he nails Tenzan with a plethora of forearm strikes and Mongolian chops, Tenzan recovers to hit Kojima with a Samoan drop. Oka tags in and he drops Kojima with a shoulder tackle, Kojima recovers to corner Oka and nail him with machine gun chops. Kojima then hits Oka with a flying forearm strike, Oka recovers and he double teams Kojima with Tenzan for a near fall. Oka then hits Kojima with a power slam before applying a Boston crab, Kojima powers free and he hits Oka with a Koji Cutter for a near fall. Kojima then hits Oka with a Cozy Lariat for a three count.
Winners: Satoshi Kojima & Katsuya Kitamura
Lion’s Gate Special Tag Match 3: Yuji Nagata & Hirai Kawato vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Syota Umino
The match begins with Kawato and Umino doing some chain wrestling, Kawato gets Umino down before wrenching away on his arm. Nagata and Nakanishi get the tags from their respective partners, Nakanishi uses a butt bump on Nagata to break a Full Nelson. Nagata then catches Nakanishi with a few kicks before they take turns working over each others arms, Nagata hits Nakanishi with more kicks before Nakanishi drops him with a shoulder block. Nakanishi and Nagata have a striking exchange until Nagata goes down, Umino tags in and he mauls Nagata with strikes in the corner. Nagata fights back and he attacks Umino with a plethora of strikes, Nagata then drops Umino before kicking him in the back.
Umino fights back and Nagata drops him with a single blow, Kawato tags in and he works with Nagata to hit Umino with a double kick. Kawato drops Umino before kicking him in the back for a near fall, Nagata tags back in and he stomps away on a downed Umino. Nagata traps Umino in the ropes before landing a few more strikes, Nagata then hits Umino with a knee lift. Nagata slows things down further by holding Umino in the abdominal stretch, Umino tries fighting back and Nagata just kicks away at him. Umino eventually drops a charging Nagata with a drop kick, Nakanishi tags in and he cleans house on the opposing team. Nakanishi traps Nagata in the corner while landing a series of chop, Nakanishi then hits Nagata with a few running clotheslines in the corner.
Nakanishi drops Nagata with a slam before landing a splash for a near fall, Nagata tries fighting back and Nakanishi drops him with a spear. Nagata recovers to catch a swinging Nakanishi with an exploder suplex, Kawato and Umino get the tags from their respective partners. Umino quickly nails Kawato with a missile drop kick and a running forearm strike for a near fall, Umino then hits Kawato with a top rope elbow drop for a near fall. Nakanishi hits Nagata with a clothesline as Umino nails Kawato with one, Umino catches Kawato in the Boston crab while Nakanishi gets Nagata in the torture rack. Nakanishi and Nagata eventually battle on the arena floor, Kawato escapes the crab before nailing Umino with a running forearm strike. Kawato gets Umino in the Boston crab and Umino gets to the ropes.
Kawato then hits Umino with a springboard missile drop kick for a near fall, Nakanishi hits the ring and Nagata gets him down before applying a cross face. Kawato then hits Umino with a spinning head kick for a three count.
Winners: Yuji Nagata & Hirai Kawato