Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for WWE Monday Night RAW (1/30/23)!
We will bring you the full results of tonight's episode of Monday Night Raw.
Here's what's on deck:
WWE Raw (1/30)
- Cody Rhodes to open the show
- Rhea Ripley to announce who she will face at WWE WrestleMania
- Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: Seth Rollins vs. Chad Gable
- Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: Baron Corbin vs. Johnny Gargano
- The show opened with highlights from Cody Rhodes winning the Royal Rumble match.
- Cody Rhodes came out to cut a promo. He briefly touched on his history in wrestling and then acknowledged that his song says, "wrestling has more than one royal family," but for him to feel validated, he needs to be Roman Reigns at WrestleMania. Judgment Day interrupts Cody. Finn Balor says that Cody Rhodes has yet to do anything but rehash his old material. Dominik Mysterio says he has no respect for his father or Cody's father. Cody agreed to wrestle one of the members of Judgment Day tonight. Edge comes out to brawl with The Judgment Day, and Cody Rhodes gets involved.
- Austin Theory will be on the VIP Lounge tonight with MVP.
Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: Seth Rollins vs. Chad Gable
Heading into a commercial break, Chad Gable has control of Seth Rollins. Gable got a near fall off of a Chaos Theory German Suplex and another near fall off of a diving headbutt. Throughout the commercial break, Chad Gable works on the leg of Seth Rollins, maintaining control over "The Visionary."
Seth Rollins gets a brief moment of reprieve and hits a Buckle Bomb on Chad Gable. Rollins mounts a comeback, avoiding a second Chaos Theory, and hits a Super Kick followed by a Falcon Arrow, but he only gets a two count. Gable avoids a Curb Stomp and Pedigree. The two men exchange pinfall attempts, and Chad Gable hits a Cliffhanger DDT. Rollins kicks out of that, and Gable soon hits an Ankle Lock. Rollins turns that into a pinfall but only gets two. Rollins goes for a Stomp, which is reversed into another Ankle Lock. Rollins kicks out of that, sending Chad into the ropes. Chad tries to rebound into a pinfall attempt. Still, Seth Rollins utilizes Chad's momentum to roll through completely into a Pedigree for the victory.
Winner: Seth Rollins by pinfall.
- Candice LeRae vs. IYO Sky is next. LeRae will be accompanied by "Michin" Mia Yim.
IYO Sky (w/ Damage CTRL's Dakota Kai & Bayley) vs. Candice LeRae (w/ Michin)
Corey Graves says Dakota is injured. she suffered an injury during the women's Royal Rumble match. However, Corey did not provide further details as to the extent of the damage or what was injured.
Candice gets two early pinfall attempts. Sky eventually takes over control. She hits a Flapjack, followed up by a Bodyslam. There is a picture-in-picture advertisement for Batista's new movie, Knock at the Cabin. LeRae takes over control briefly, but Sky comes back with a suicide dive to the floor. Candice answers that when she gets the opportunity by hitting a crossbody dive to the floor.
During yet another split-screen commercial break, Sky is again in the driver's seat. LeRae battles back and locks in the Black Widow submission hold, but Sky breaks out with a Side Slam. The momentum continues to shift back and forth. Eventually, Candice hits a Top Rope German Suplex when Sky attempts to go for a Moonsault. Unfortunately for Candice, that only results in a near fall.
Both women continue to exchange strikes. Candice eventually hits a Poison Rana for another near fall. Candice tried to go for her Top Rope Neckbreaker when pushed off. Sky tries to go for her Moonsault, but Candace gets her knees up and eventually rolls up Sky. she would have won if not for the distraction by Bayley. Candice hits a Codebreaker, but Bayley again provides the distraction allowing Sky to roll up Candice for the victory.
Winner: IYO Sky by pinfall.
- Rhea Ripley's WrestleMania decision is coming up next.
- A video package highlights Rhea Ripley Royal Rumble performance
- Rhea Ripley comes to the ring. She briefly recounts three years ago when she challenged Charlotte Flair to face her for the NXT Championship at WrestleMania. She says Charlotte Flair put her in her place three years ago. Still, she's ready to challenge Charlotte Flair for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship at WrestleMania and disrupt the status quo. The second match set in stone for WrestleMania 39 is Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley.
- Cathy Kelley interviews Seth Rollins. He is very excited about the upcoming WWE Elimination Chamber event. Kelley asks him about Logan Paul eliminating him at the Royal Rumble. Rollins walks away rather than provide a comment.
Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: Baron Corbin vs. Johnny Gargano
Baron Corbin was in control for a large portion of the match. Johnny was able to take control using his speed. The end of the match came when John Bradshaw Layfield tried to get involved on behalf of Corbin. Dexter Lumis was there to meet him with an ax. Dexter put an ax through Bradshaw's hat. Johnny Gargano reversed The End of Days into a small package and punched his ticket to the WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.
Winner: Johnny Gargano by pinfall.
- MVP's VIP Lounge with Austin Theory is next.
MVP's VIP Lounge w/ Austin Theory
MVP tries to talk to Austin Theory about the Elimination Chamber. Austin Theory says he is the ruthlessness of this generation, and no aggression will stop him. MVP related Austin Theory's experience in the Elimination Chamber with Brock Lesnar last year to his experience with Undertaker back in 2008. Bobby Lashley's name keeps coming up in the conversation. Eventually, Bobby Lashley heads to the ring. He attacks Austin Theory and tries to deliver a Spear. However, Austin Theory pushes MVP in front of him, and Bobby Lashley accidentally Spears his former manager.
- Finn Balor tells Byron Saxton backstage that he's not a hard man to find and to tell Edge that he "works Mondays." Balor then reiterates his point from earlier in the night that Cody Rhodes is just stealing from him, and tonight, he comes to collect.
- The Miz is in the ring following a commercial break and is complaining about his placement on the WWE Raw XXX celebration. Then, he complains about being first eliminated in the Royal Rumble match. Next, Miz complains about not being given a chance to qualify for the Elimination Chamber match. Finally, Adam Pearce comes out to confront The Miz, introducing a returning Rick Boogs, who plays air guitar all the way to the ring to face the former WWE Champion.
Miz doesn't want to wrestle in a suit, but Adam makes the match official anyway.
The Miz vs. Rick Boogs
Boogs throws Miz into the corner and then proceeds to have a drum solo for no reason. The Miz delivers one punch, then tries to run away, saying he's in a suit. Instead, Rick does a Gutwrench Throw into a Gorilla Press Slam for the victory.
Winner: Rick Boogs by pinfall.
- The Alpha Academy is backstage. Suddenly, The Maximum Male Models make their Monday Night Raw debut. ma.çé and mån.sôör appear to be repulsed by Otis, but Maxxine Dupri says he's perfect.
- A video package recaps the end of the Royal Rumble featuring Sami Zayn turning on Roman Reigns.
- Bayley comes out to celebrate weaseling out of the Steel Cage Match last week and eliminating Becky Lynch at the Royal Rumble. Becky comes out. The two women trade verbal barbs. Bayley says she doesn't like Becky Lynch and doesn't believe Becky Lynch is good enough to be Champion again or even good enough for her husband, Seth Rollins.
Becky Lynch challenges Bayley to meet her inside a cage next week in Orlando. Bayley initially declines but eventually accepts when she realizes that Becky plans to hurt Dakota Kai. Becky also warns Bayley to check out what happened to IYO Sky backstage.
- The third Elimination Chamber qualifier is up next.
Adam Pearce announced a Women's Elimination Chamber. Raquel Rodriguez, Asuka, Nikki Cross, and Liv Morgan have already advanced. There will be a qualifier next week between Michin, Candice LeRae, Piper Niven, and a returning Carmella will all compete for the spot in a Fatal 4-Way.
Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match: Bronson Reed vs. Dolph Ziggler
The match is short but competitive. Bronson Reed is able to kick out of the Zig Zag. He eventually gets the win with the Tsunami.
Winner: Bronson Reed by pinfall.
- Carmella returns in a backstage interview with Cathy Kelley but is confronted by Asuka, whose mouth is overflowed with the blue poison mist.
- Backstage, The Street Profits are congratulating Rick Boogs on his victory. Elias appears to throw shade at Boogs. Byron Saxton announces Montez Ford will face Elias next week, and Angelo Dawkins will face Damian Priest. Both matches will qualify for the Elimination Chamber.
Cody Rhodes vs. Finn Balor
Cody Rhodes dominated the first portion of this match. Finn Balor was able to take control after a failed Alabama Slam. Finn targeted the injured pectoral muscle of Cody. Rhodes would soon be back in control. Back from a commercial break, Cody delivered a Superplex.
In the home stretch of the match, edge came out through the crowd to neutralize the other members of Judgment Day. When Rhea Ripley began to attack him, Beth Phoenix came to the aid of her husband. Edge also distracted Finn Balor as he set up for Coup de Grace. This allowed Cody Rhodes to hit three CrossRhodes and score the victory.
Winner: Cody Rhodes by pinfall.