Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for WWE Royal Rumble 2020. We'll be bringing you full, fight by fight coverage of every bout on the card. You can also send in your feedback on our Disqus boards below!
Women's Royal Rumble Match
Charlotte Flair wins, last eliminating Shayna Baszler
Men's Royal Rumble Match
Drew McIntyre wins, last eliminating Roman Reigns
WWE Raw Women's Championship
Becky Lynch (c) def. Asuka to retain the title
WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
Bayley (c) def. Lacey Evans to retain the title
Falls Count Anywhere Match
Roman Reigns def. King Corbin
WWE United States Championship
Andrade (c) def. Humberto Carrillo to retain the title
Sheamus def. Shorty G
- The kickoff show panel for the first hour consists of The Coach, Christian, David Otunga and Charly Caruso.
- The panel talks about what could go down in both Royal Rumble matches as well as the importance of each for the winners.
- Renee Young, Booker T and Sam Roberts are near the entrance way, they all talk about the excitement surrounding tonight’s event.
- Booker T. Renee Young and Sam Roberts are back after the “By The Numbers” video to talk strategy for the rumble matches.
- Natalya joins the kickoff show panel, Natalya talks about what winning the women’s Royal Rumble Match can do for her career. Natalya says she would challenge Bayley for the Smackdown Women’s Championship if she wins the Rumble, Natalya says Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross are who she’s keeping an eye on tonight.
- A video package airs on the feud between Becky Lynch and Asuka, followed by analysis from the panel.
- Highlights are shown of Seth Rolins & Buddy Murphy defeating The Viking Raiders to win the Raw Tag Team Championships.
- A video package airs highlighting the feud between The Fiend and Daniel Bryan, followed by analysis from the panel.
- Highlights are shown of what went down between Lacey Evans and Bayley from this past weeks Smackdown, followed by analysis from the panel.
- Kayla Braxton interviews Bayley, who says that nobody should buy into the Lacey Evans facade, Bayley says she has already been traveling the world and inspiring people and Evans’ dream won’t come true tonight.
Shorty G vs. Sheamus
The match begins with Sheamus tossing G across the ring to avoid a takedown, G recovers and he wrenches away on the arm of Sheamus. Sheamus fights back and he works over the arm of G, G gets free and Sheamus drops him with a hair pull. Sheamus takes down G with multiple headlocks and G gets free each time, Sheamus then drops a charging G with a shoulder block. Sheamus goes to the ropes before nailing G with a series of strikes, G fights back and he knocks him and Sheamus out of the ring with a running cross body block. Sheamus gets up first and he gets G back in the ring after landing a few strikes, G scores a takedown on Sheamus and Sheamus avoids the ankle lock attempt. Sheamus gets up and he throws G shoulder first into the ring post before landing a shoulder breaker, Sheamus keeps G down while stomping away on his hand. G fights back and he cracks Sheamus with some strikes, Sheamus recovers and he drops G with a back elbow strike.
Sheamus holds G down while manipulating his arm and wrist, G fights his way free and Sheamus drills him with an axe handle smash. Sheamus again keeps G down while manipulating his wrist, G fights back again and he stomps away on Sheamus’ ankle. Sheamus ends that by throwing G out of the ring, Sheamus traps G in the ropes while landing a ton of strikes to the upper body. Sheamus exits the ring to attack G with more strikes to the upper body, Sheamus gets G back in the ring and he kicks away at a downed G. G fights back again and he attacks Sheamus with more strikes, G then nails a charging Sheamus with a drop kick to the knee. Sheamus gets up and G attacks him with more strikes, G corners Sheamus before landing multiple rolling thunder kicks. G keeps Sheamus cornered while stomping away on his injured knee, G goes to the top rope and Sheamus catches him as he leaps off. G manages to nail Sheamus with a tornado DDT and top rope moonsault afterwards for a near fall, Sheamus fights back and he nails G with a knee strike. G avoids a second knee strike to hit Sheamus with a Chaos Theory for a near fall, G goes back to work on the injured knee of Sheamus.
Sheamus recovers and he drapes G along the top rope a few times, Sheamus goes to the top rope and G avoids his leap before applying an ankle lock. Sheamus gets free before missing a Brogue Kick as G reapplies the ankle lock, Sheamus gets to the ropes to break the submission. G gets Sheamus in the corner while landing a ton of strikes, Sheamus gets free and G rolls him up for a near fall. Sheamus nails G with a Brogue Kick from out of nowhere for a three count.