Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for the go home edition of Smackdown on FOX ahead of Hell in a Cell this Sunday night!
- We open tonight's show with the Kevin Owens Show where Kevin introduces his guest for tonight, Daniel Bryan. Daniel says that they have pushed each other to be their best before saying that the Intercontinental Championship should be defended on a weekly basis. Kevin tells Daniel that he's never been a tag champion, Daniel saying that he's betrayed a lot of friends before Kevin tries to convince Daniel to team with him. The two are then interrupted by Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode as well as the Street Profits and Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro before the eight men brawl as we go to commercial.
Eight Man Tag Team Match
We come back to the match already in progress with Kevin and Shin before Robert and Angelo come in. Robert is in control before Angelo dodges an elbow drop and SP double up on Roode for two. Dolph comes in and dropkicks Montez before the heels chain together offense and tags. Daniel then gets the hot tag before Cesaro rocks him and sends him out of the ring with an uppercut as we go to commercial.
We come back to Dolph and company focusing on the ankle of Daniel until he finally gets the tag to Angelo. Angelo drops Shin and Cesaro before sending Dolph out of the ring and hitting a bulldog for two. Shin hits a wheel kick into a diving knee and a powerbomb by Cesaro for a two count that Kevin breaks up. Cesaro then gets a near fall off of a leverage pin before Angelo hits a spine buster into a high angle frog splash by Montez for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Street Profits, Daniel Bryan and Kevin Owens defeat Cesaro, Shinsuke Nakamura, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode via pinfall.
- We get a video of Otis in court where he's defending himself against Miz and Morrison with their lawyer with JBL serving as judge as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Daniel and Kevin celebrating their victory with Street Profits before they leave and Sami Zayn walks up to Daniel. Sami then tells Daniel that he'll defend his title on his terms before leaving.
Zelina Vega vs Bianca Belair
Bianca drives Vega into the corner before Vega slaps her and launches her off of the top rope. Bianca hits a scoop slam before dropping Vega with a shoulder block and hitting a standing moonsault. Vega rocks Bianca with rolling kicks before hitting a hurricanrana before Bianca hits a pop up punch. Bianca then hits a military press into a snake eyes before hitting the KOD for the pin and the win.
Winner: Bianca Belair defeats Zelina Vega via pinfall.
- We get a video package for Lars Sullivan ahead of his match up next as we go to commercial.
Lars Sullivan vs Chad Gable
Lars catches Chad coming off of the top rope and hits a fall away slam before pancaking Chad into the mat. Chad comes back with a rolling kick before Lars gets angry and tosses him across the ring. Lars then hits the Freak Accident for the pin and the win.
Winner: Lars Sullivan defeats Chad Gable via pinfall.
- We get a backstage interview with Seth ahead of his match against his former disciple Murphy.
- We then see Roman Reigns sitting at a table with Paul Heyman behind as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to Adam Pearce checking on Chad Gable who says that he's done being Shorty G and that he's ready to be Chad Gable again.
- We go to the Smackdown Women's champion Bayley in the ring where she says that she's not afraid of Sasha Banks, saying that she doesn't deserve a title shot. Bayley says that Sasha has become too conceited and that she didn't and won't sign the contract. Bayley says that Sasha isn't the boss of her before Sasha makes her way out to the ring with the contract. Sasha lays Bayley out and traps her head in a chair before forcing her to sign the contract.
- We go back to the courtroom where Otis presents several witnesses including Asuka, Tucker and Rey Mysterio before Miz cross examines Tucker and they nearly come to blows. JBL then calls court into recess before saying that he'll render his verdict when they reconvene as we go to commercial.
- We come back to the courtroom where JBL starts to make his ruling before Miz interrupts and presents a briefcase. JBL takes the briefcase before you hear a cash register and JBL rules in favor of Miz and Morrison. JBL then tells Otis that he'll have to defend his Money in the Bank contract against the Miz this Sunday at Hell in a Cell.
- We then get a video package recapping Murphy's alliance with and subsequent betrayal of Seth Rollins ahead of their match up next.
Seth Rollins vs Murphy
They lock up before Seth takes Murphy down with a straight armbar before grounding him with a headlock. Murphy gets to his feet before Seth drops him with a shoulder block and shoves him before yelling at him. Murphy drops Seth and hits a head scissors that sends Seth out of the ring before back dropping Seth across the announce table as we go to commercial.
We come back to Seth in control as Aliyah looks on from a monitor backstage before Murphy comes back with a missile dropkick. Murphy drops Seth repeatedly before sending him through the ropes and hitting a wrecking ball dropkick into a flipping senton over the top rope. Murphy tosses Seth back into the ring and climbs up top before hitting a diving meteora for two. Seth then comes back and hits a springboard knee for two before sending Murphy out of the ring as we go to commercial.
We come back to Murphy countering a superplex before Seth hits a bucklebomb and Murphy dropkicks him for two. Seth slaps Murphy repeatedly before dropping him with a measured right hand and Murphy rocks Seth with a stiff forearm. The two exchange strikes until Murphy gets a near fall off of an inside cradle. Seth gets a near fall off of a falcon arrow before Murphy dodges two curb stomps and hits Seth with an enzuigiri. Seth then counters Murphy's Law before hitting a curb stomp for the pin and the win.
Winner: Seth Rollins defeats Murphy via pinfall.
- Backstage we see the Mysterios looking on before Aliyah rushes out to the ring to help Murphy. Seth hits Murphy with a kendo stick before Aliyah gets in the ring and uses herself to shield Murphy before Seth leaves. Seth then comes back and attacks Dominic before he's ran off by Rey with a chair before Rey and Dom argue while Aliyah helps Murphy to his feet.
- We get this week's Progressive Match Flo recapping the Universal Championship match last week between Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman in which Roman retained. We next go back to the ring as Roman and Paul Heyman make their way out to the ring for Roman to detail the consequences for Jey Uso if he loses at Hell in a Cell. Jey shows up on the big screen at Roman's table and attacks Roman from behind before hitting him with a chair and laying him out with a superkick before hitting a diving splash. Jey leaves up the ramp before Jimmy Uso comes out and we see that he was the one backstage and they conspired to attack Roman together all along. Roman then gets to his feet and gets on the mic before saying that Jey will fall in like and take orders and respect him when he makes him say I Quit at Hell in a Cell.
Roman then says that if Jey loses both he and Jimmy and their families will be cast out from the family before the cell lowers and Jey climbs it halfway while staring Roman down as we go off the air.