Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- RAW Tag Team champions The New Day come out to the ring to start the show and Xavier and Kofi talk about their match against The Street Profits at Survivor Series. Kofi and Xavier do The Undertaker's signature sit up before they're interrupted by Sami Zayn. Sami gets into the ring and says that they should talk about him and his match against the United States champion Bobby Lashley. New Day and Sami are interrupted by Corbin, Ziggler and Roode before the two sides exchange words and the Smackdown heels beat down New Day. New Day are then saved by the Smackdown Tag Team champions The Street Profits who help them clear the ring as we go to commercial.
Eight Man Tag Team Match
SP double up on Dolph before Dolph dropkicks Angelo and Angelo dropkicks Roode when he comes in. Kofi and Roode run the ropes before Kofi dropkicks Roode into the corner and New Day do the Unicorn Stampede. New Day double up on Kofi for two before Roode drops Xavier with a back elbow and Xavier comes back with chops only for Corbin to hit a Deep Six for two. Ford then gets the hot tag and drops Corbin repeatedly before Kofi accidentally takes out Ford with a diving cross body as we go to commercial.
Ford is in the opposite teams corner before Corbin slams him to the mat for two before Ford drops Dolph with a right hand and an enzuigiri. Kofi gets the hot tag and drops Roode repeatedly before hitting a Boom Drop Kofi and Roode counter each other. Xavier gets the blind tag and hits Roode with a knee for two before Corbin attacks Xavier from behind when he aggressively tags Angelo in. Sami then is brought into the ring by Angelo when Roode tags him in before Angelo hits a spine buster into the Cash Out by Ford for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Street Profits and New Day defeat Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode via pinfall.
- Michael and Corey breakdown the rest of tonight's show before we go backstage to Daniel Bryan before Sami Zayn walks up and yells at him, thinking Daniel is mocking him. Daniel then shoves Sami with his mask on before Sami leaves and Daniel talks about how he believes social distancing is important as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Daniel backstage before we get a recap of Jey Uso attacking him several weeks ago. Daniel says that he doesn't blame Jey and that they both have angels and devils on their back before saying that what he's going to do to him won't be personal either.
- Adam Pearce meets with Otis and Chad Gable appoints him as the final member of Team Smackdown for Survivor Series. Natalya then argues with Adam about why she has to earn her spot on the team in a match against Tamina. Adam then tells Natalya that he had to pick a leader for their team and he went with Bayley before Natalya storms off as we go to commercial.
- We come back to a backstage promo by Seth Rollins ahead of his match against Murphy later tonight before we go back to the ring.
Smackdown Women's Survivor Series Qualifier Match
Natalya vs Tamina
Bianca Belair is on commentary as Bayley comes out and joins at commentary before the match starts. Tamina superkicks Natalya who rolls out of the ring and Tamina sends her into the steps before tossing her back inside. Tamina gets two before Natalya counters a fireman's carry as we see the Riott Squad looking on from backstage. Tamina then runs into the post before Natalya hits a discus clothesline into the sharpshooter for the tap and the win.
Winner: Natalya defeats Tamina via submission to gain entry into the Smackdown Women's Survivor Series team.
- Bayley has the entire team for the Smackdown Women's Survivor Series team join her in the ring after the match.
- We get a recap of Drew defeating Randy Orton on RAW for the WWE Championship to set up Drew versus Roman in a Champion versus Champion match at Survivor Series.
- We go to the ring for the contract signing between Roman and Drew where they sit next to each other and Roman mocks Drew. Drew says that he could flip the table over and attack him, but he's fine, he has his match at Survivor Series and that he's only there to make their match official. Drew signs the contract and hands it over to Roman before telling him to make his peace and prepare for war. Roman says that this is his show and that he's going to give Drew advice and team him one last lesson. Roman tells Drew that he's a secondary title holder and a prop and a stand in for him.
Roman tells Drew that he is the champion, the face of the WWE, the Tribal Chief and the head of the table. Roman says that one day Drew will be the face of the WWE and he'll look back and thank Roman for the lessons he's taught him. Roman then gets up, Paul grabs the Universal title and they leave as Drew gets up and stares Roman down.
- We get this week's Progressive Match Flo recapping Seth and Rey Mysterio's match last week in which Rey defeated Seth with Murphy's help.
Seth Rollins vs Murphy w/The Mysterio Family
The two brawl before rolling around on the mat and Seth launches Murphy off of the apron and into the barricade. Seth sends Murphy into the post before tossing him back inside as the Mysterios look on at ringside. Seth ties Murphy up in the ropes and grabs a kendo stick before Seth takes out Rey and Dominik. Murphy gets free and tosses Seth back inside before Seth shoves him off of the top turnbuckle and into the barricade. Seth then stares Aliyah down before she falls backwards onto the floor and Seth mocks her as we go to commercial.
Seth is in control as we come back before hitting a sling blade for two and choking him in the ropes in front of the Mysterios. Murphy dumps Seth through the ropes and hits a flipping senton before Seth hits a falcon arrow back in the ring for two. They exchange on the apron until Murphy drops Seth with a knee lift and rolls him back into the ring. Murphy struggles to get back into the ring before Seth hits a curb stomp for a near fall, Murphy getting his foot on the bottom rope. Seth then hits a buckle bomb before Murphy hits a him with several V-Triggers into Murphy's Law for the pin and the win.
Winner: Murphy defeats Seth Rollins via pinfall.
- Murphy and the Mysterios celebrate after the match before Smackdown Women's champion Sasha Banks comes out onto the stage as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Sasha in the ring with Michael and the RAW Women's champion Asuka ahead of their match at Survivor Series. Michael asks Sasha if Asuka has her number which Sasha takes as an insult before talking about how great Asuka is. Asuka then mocks Sasha repeatedly before Sasha threatens her and challenges Asuka, but Asuka stands her ground before Carmella attacks Sasha from behind as Asuka looks on.
- Jey is interviewed backstage ahead of his match against Daniel Bryan where he says that he's going to finish what he started. Jey says that he did what he did to Daniel because he wanted to and that it was his decision.
Jey Uso vs Daniel Bryan
Daniel goes right after Jey and takes Tim down before locking in a submission only to let Jey up and drop him with knife edge chops. Jey drops Daniel with a back elbow before the action spills outside and Jey sends Daniel into the steps before clearing off the announce table. Daniel knees Jey in the midsection and tosses him back inside before hitting a missile dropkick into Yes Kicks in the corner. Daniel sends Jey out of the ring before hitting a suicide dive and rocking Jey with uppercuts. Jey then backdrops Daniel onto the announce table which collapses as we go to commercial.
Jey stomps Daniel in the center of the ring and screams at him before beating on him in mount before reiterating that it's not personal. Jey chops Daniel in the corner and hits a backbreaker before Daniel rolls out onto the apron and comes back with right hands. Jey catches Daniel on the top turnbuckle before hitting a superplex for two before Daniel counters a Samoan drop into a crucifix. Daniel locks in the Yes Lock almost immediately after before Jey reverses and elbows and knees the ribs and kidneys of Daniel. Daniel crotches Jey on the top turnbuckle and hits a back superplex before hitting Yes Kicks and a roundhouse kick for a near fall.
Daniel stomps the face of Jey before Jey catches him coming in with a trio of superkicks and goes for the Uso splash. Daniel then gets his knees up and pins Jey out of nowhere with an inside cradle for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan defeats Jey Uso via pinfall.
- From The Web