Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open tonight's show with a graphic for the passing of Jon Huber.
- We open in the Thunderdome with a recap of the saga between Universal champion Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens which reached its latest peak when Roman defend his title in a steel cage last week. Roman, Jey Uso and Paul Heyman come out to the ring and celebrate Roman's successful title defense before they're interrupted by Kevin Owens who is immediately shut down by Roman. Roman tells Kevin to not say a word and to leave and stop embarrassing himself before Kevin says that his standing there shows that they failed to end him and his career. Kevin says that The Big Dog has been replaced by a giant bitch before Kevin says that he's there to fight Jey Uso rather than focusing on Roman tonight. Kevin then says that he's going to go backstage and demand a fight with Jey before saying that they'll have nothing to celebrate when he's finished with Jey.
- We get a recap of last week's show via the Progressive Match Flo in which Big E defeated Sami Zayn to become a two time Intercontinental champion. E then makes his way out to the ring for his match up next as we go to commercial.
Big E vs Baron Corbin w/The Knights of the Lone Wolf
E and Corbin lock up and spin around before Corbin locks in a side headlock and the two try to knock each other before E drops Corbin with a back elbow for two. E hits a gator roll before Corbin clotheslines him for one before elbowing E in the shoulders and rocking him with a thrust to the throat. Corbin sends E into the post and beats on him in the corner before dropping him with a back elbow for one before rocking him with a running right hand. E sends Corbin out onto the apron and gets hit with a knee when E goes for a suicide dive before E sends Corbin out of the ring. Once Corbin is back inside E then hits the Big Ending before Sami Zayn attacks E for the disqualification.
Winner: Big E defeats Baron Corbin via disqualification.
- After the match Corbin, Sami and The Wolves attack E before he's saved by Apollo Crews who clears the ring as we go to commercial.
Big E & Apollo Crews vs Sami Zayn & Baron Corbin w/The Knights of the Lone Wolf
Crews and Corbin start things off for their respective teams before Corbin and Zayn isolate Crews all the while antagonizing E before Sami argues with the Wolves at ringside. Back in the ring Apollo slams Sami and gets the hot tag to E who hits Corbin and Zayn with several suplexes and hits Corbin with a running splash. Corbin hits the Deep Six for two before Sami and the Wolves argue more and Corbin gets distracted before Sami gets the blind tag. Sami nearly hits Corbin with a Helluva Kick before the two argue and the Wolves get on the apron before Corbin and the Wolves leave the match. Apollo then hits Sami with an enzuigiri into his own signature blue thunderbomb for the pin and the win.
Winner: Apollo Crews and Big E defeat Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin via pinfall.
- We get a graphic for a tag team match between Daniel Bryan and Otis and Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro.
- Backstage Adam Pearce argues with Kevin Owens who can't give him a match against Jey before Kevin tries to get one with Roman. Adam then ends up giving Kevin a match against Jey before Kevin leaves as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Apollo and E celebrating backstage before he's interviewed where he announces that he's issuing an open challenge next week. Apollo then throws his name into the hat for the first title defense before E reluctantly accepts.
The Riott Squad vs Natalya & Tamina w/Billie Kay
Liv and Natty start the match off by running the ropes before Liv gets a quick two count off of a sunset flip for two. Ruby and Tamina come in and exchange strikes before Tamina drops Ruby and Ruby fights her way out of the corner. Liv comes in and knocks Natty off of the apron before TRS double up on Tamina for two before Tamina fights off both Ruby and Liv. Liv then rolls Tamina up out of nowhere for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Riott Squad defeat Tamina and Natalya via pinfall.
- We get a recap of the Women's Tag Team Championship Elimination match last week in which Asuka and Charlotte Flair retained.
Bianca drops Carmella and lifts her in the air before Carmella tags in Bayley who is immediately dropkicked and sent through the ropes. Bianca sends Carmella out of the ring before Bianca and Sasha take out Bayley and Carmella at ringside. Sasha then rolls Bayley back into the ring for two as we go to commercial.
We come back to Bayley in control of Bianca, running her over before Sasha tries to hit Bayley from the apron before Bayley starts focusing on the elbow and arm of Bianca. Carmella comes back in and stomps Bianca in the corner before focusing on the arm of Bianca and tagging Bayley in who rolls Bianca up for two. Bianca comes back with a suplex to Bayley before Carmella cuts her off and knocks Sasha off of the apron before Bianca gets two off of an inside cradle. Carmella kicks Bianca in the midsection and mocks her before Sasha gets the hot tag and hits Carmella with a knee into a meteora in the corner. Sasha hits a running knee for a near fall that Bayley breaks up before Bianca sends Bayley out of the ring and into the steps.
Carmella rolls Sasha up for a near fall before superkicking her and missing a bronco buster in the corner before Sasha locks in the Banks Statement. Reginald drags Carmella out of the ring before repeatedly distracting Sasha before Sasha gets a near fall off of a knee. Sasha then knocks Reginald off of the apron before Carmella hits a spinning sit-out face buster to Sasha for the pin and the win.
Winner: Carmella and Bayley defeat Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair via pinfall.
- We get a graphic for Kevin Owens versus Jey Uso later tonight in our main event before we go backstage and Roman says that someone doesn't appreciate what he's done for the company. Roman then tells Jey to find out who doesn't appreciate him.
- The Smackdown Tag Team champions, The Street Profits come out to the ring as we go to commercial.
- We come back to the Street Profits in the ring where they unveil a drum set that Angelo plays before making a series of predictions for the new year. Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler then show up out of nowhere and lay out the tag champs before trying to break Montez's leg as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Dolph and Robert backstage before they're interviewed and say that all SP care about are fun and games and set themselves up for a future title shot.
Otis & Daniel Bryan w/Chad Gable vs Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro
Cesaro and DB grapple on the mat before DB hits a monkey flip and Cesaro backs him into the corner before Shin comes in and is immediately taken down to the mat by Daniel. Cesaro distracts DB before DB goes to hit him with a suicide dive and Cesaro catches him before hitting a pop-up uppercut and Otis chases Cesaro around ringside as we go to commercial.
We come back to Cesaro in control of DB before he hits DB with a spinning slam for two before dumping him out of the ring and Shin hits a running knee with DB draped over the apron. Shin sets DB on the top turnbuckle and hits an enzuigiri before DB sends Shin over the top rope and down onto the floor. DB gets the hot tag to Otis who runs over Cesaro when he comes in and hits a running splash in the corner into the Caterpillar before missing a Vader bomb. Otis counters a Kinshasa and pancakes him before DB hits a diving sunset flip for two before Shin superkicks him when he runs the ropes. Shin hits a flying arm bar before Otis breaks it up and Otis is superkicked out of the ring before Shin rolls DB up for a near fall.
DB then submits Shin with the Yes Lock for the tap and the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan and Otis defeat Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro via submission.
- Backstage Roman, Jey and Paul are in the locker room where Roman tells Jey to show Kevin why he's the Main Event Uso as we cut to Kevin making his way out to the ring as we go to commercial.
- We get a graphic for the Intercontinental Championship match between the champion Big E and Apollo Crews made official for next week's show as Jey Uso makes his way out to the ring.
Jey Uso vs Kevin Owens
The two brawl until Kevin gets the upper hand and stomps Jey in the corner before dropping him at ringside with a clothesline and hitting a running senton. Back in the ring Kevin hits a second running senton for two before focusing on the leg of Jey and talking to Jey as he tells him that it isn't even his own fault for what Kevin is doing to him. Jey comes back with thrusts to the throat before countering a stunner and superkicking Kevin. Kevin then sends Jey out of the ring and over the announce table as we go to commercial.
We come back to Kevin in control in the ring, the two exchanging strikes up top before Jey lands on his feet on his bad leg and Kevin capitalizes by hitting Jey with a stunner for the pin and the win.
Winner: Kevin Owens defeats Jey Uso via pinfall.
- Kevin attacks Jey after the match before hand-cuffing Jey to the top rope before stomping him, KO trying his best to lure Roman out. Kevin uncuffs Jey and leads him to the back before Roman attacks him out of nowhere and the two fight amongst the monitors in the top of the arena. Jey then holds Kevin as Roman hits him across the back and in the midsection with a chair before they send him into the LED screens and off of a platform through several tables as we go off the air.
- From The Web