Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- Jey Uso comes out to the ring to start the show and talks about how Roman defeated Drew af Survivor Series. Jey then introduces Roman before he and Paul Heyman make their way out to the ring. Roman plays a video recapping what happened at Survivor Series in which the men's Survivor Series team was swept and Jey redeemed himself by helping Roman beat Drew. Roman makes the point that he told Jey to leave the arena and that he didn't need his help with Drew. Roman asks Jey why Team Smackdown lost at Survivor Series, Jey saying that they didn't listen to him.
Roman tells Jey that they don't respect him or fear him and if they don't respect him they don't respect them. Roman tells Jey to look at how they're looked at by those who care about them and that he's making him feel like a bitch through his failures. Roman then drops the mic and leaves with Paul.
- We get a graphic for Otis versus Baron Corbin up next before Otis comes out as Jey leaves up the ramp. Jey then comes back out and attacks Otis from behind with a chair out of nowhere when he's making his way down to ringside as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to see that Chad Gable helped Otis to the back during the commercial before we go back to the ring for our opening match.
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode vs The Street Profits
SP immediately double up on Dolph before Ford misses a diving splash onto Dolph as we go to commercial.
Roode is in control of Ford before Dolph hits a famouser for two and drags him back to the corner while Angelo inadvertently distracts the referee. Dolph misses a splash in the corner before Angelo and Robert get tagged in and Angelo drops Roode before hitting Dolph with a flap jack. Angelo hits running moves in opposite corners before hitting a twisting neckbreaker into a spine buster to Roode. Ford then hits the Cash Out for a near fall that Dolph breaks up before Roode rolls Ford up out of nowhere for the pin and the win.
Winner: Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler defeat The Street Profits via pinfall.
- We get this week's Progressive Match Flo recapping the last month in the feud between Daniel Bryan and Sami Zayn ahead of their non-title grudge match up later tonight.
- Daniel is then interviewed backstage before his match against Sami, saying that his new focus is Sami rather than Jey Uso and the Intercontinental Championship.
- We get a graphic for a special video package recapping The Undertaker's retirement ceremony at his 30th Survivor Series as we go to commercial.
- We come back to a backstage interview with The Mysterio family and Murphy before they're mocked by Baron Corbin.
- We get an extended video package for career of The Undertaker, culminating in his retirement at Survivor Series, 30 years after debuting at the event.
Sami Zayn vs Daniel Bryan
Sami backs off when Daniel tries to engage before Daniel takes him down and stomps hi elbow. Sami rolls to the ropes repeatedly before Daniel drops him and hits a dropkick for two before Sami dumps Daniel out of the ring. Sami stomps Daniel as soon as he gets back into the ring before Daniel crotches him on the top turnbuckle and kicks him off and onto the floor. Daniel then crashes into the barricade when Sami side steps him as we go to commercial.
We come back to Sami in control of Daniel back in the ring before Daniel comes back with a flying elbow. Daniel hits a running dropkick in the corner before setting him up top and hitting a frankensteiner for two. Daniel kicks Sami in the chest before Sami rolls out of the way of a buzzsaw kick and sends Daniel into the post before hitting a brain buster onto the apron. Daniel gets back in at nine before Sami hits a blue thunderbomb for a near fall before Daniel goes for a flying armbar. Daniel locks in the Yes Lock before Sami gets to the bottom rope for the break and rolls to the outside before sending him into the announce table.
Sami rolls out of the ring on the other side before Daniel hits a suicide dive on the opposite side and Sami flees to the back. Daniel then gives chase before Sami rushes back to the ring and wins via count out.
Winner: Sami Zayn defeats Daniel Bryan via count out.
- Backstage we see Jey beating on Daniel before he's stopped by Kevin Owens and Jey leaves before Kevin goes after him as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Jey with Roman and Paul before Kevin comes up and talks trash before leaving. Roman then tells Jey to make Kevin fear him before we go back to the ring for our next match.
Bianca Belair vs Natalya
Bayley makes her way out to the ring and joins at the announce table as Natalya and Bianca exchange pin attempts for two. Bianca goes shoulder first into the post before Natalya stomps her in the corner and suplexes her before Bianca gets two off of an inside cradle. Natalya hits a discus clothesline for two before following up with a surfboard stretch that she turns into a pinning predicament for two. Bianca comes back with shoulder thrusts and stomps in the corner before dumping Natalya over the top rope and down onto the floor. Bianca gets distracts by Bayley at ringside and accidentally lays her out before Natalya tosses her back inside.
Winner: Bianca Belair defeats Natalya via pinfall.
Baron Corbin vs Murphy
Corbin takes control early before Murphy rolls him up for an early near fall and rocks Corbin with strikes. Corbin clotheslines Murphy before the Mysterios distracts Corbin and Corbin whips Murphy across the ring. Corbin is distracted by Aliyah before Murphy sends him into the steps and back into the ring before Corbin hits Deep Six. Rey distracts the referee before Corbin beats on Murphy in mount. Dom gets on the apron and distracts Corbin before Murphy hits a jumping knee and Dom shoves Corbin's leg off of the bottom rope.
Murphy then pins Corbin for the win.
Winner: Murphy defeats Baron Corbin via pinfall.
- After the match Corbin demands a rematch against Murphy without the family before we get a graphic for Kevin and Jey in our main event as we go to commercial.
- Backstage Big-E and Apollo are playing a game before they're interrupted and mocked by Sami before E tells him that his house of cards could easily come tumbling down. Sami calls E bitter and says that he should applaud him before E claps and squeezes Sam's hand as hard as he can for ten seconds. E then leaves before an enraged Sami turns down the interview segment and leaves.
- We get a video package promo by Carmella who talks about how she's going to show the women's division how dominant she is. Carmella says that she's now her true self and that she's doing everything for herself before Sasha attacks her and they're broken apart by agents.
Kevin Owens vs Jey Uso
Kevin goes right after Jey and punches and kicks him in the corner before sending him out of the ring and Jey sends Kevin into the steps. Back in the ring Jey beats on Kevin as Roman and Paul look on from a monitor backstage before Kevin comes back with a clothesline into a senton. Jey sends Kevin into the post in the corner before Kevin catches him when he goes for a suicide dive and slingshots Jey into the post. Kevin then superkicks Jey over the barricade as we go to commercial.
We come back to Jey focusing on the injured arm of Kevin until he misses a running hip attack in the corner. Kevin superkicks Jey and chops him before Jey superkicks him when his arm gives out when he goes for a pop-up powerbomb for two. Kevin gets his knees up when Jey goes for a diving splash before hitting an ushigoroshi for two before Jey counters a stunner and sends Kevin into the post. Jey then brings a chair into the ring and hits Kevin with it for the disqualification.
Winner: Kevin Owens defeats Jey Uso via disqualification.
- Jey hits Kevin with the chair after the match before clearing the announce table and Kevin hits a stunner. Kevin sends Jey across the announce table and hits him with a chair while talking to Roman in the camera. Kevin tells Roman that he fears no one, including him before saying that Roman should come find him. Kevin then lays Jay out with a second stunner before sitting at the announce table and calling himself the head of the table and that he'll be waiting for Roman as we go off the air.