Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open tonight's show with the entire Smackdown roster and management on the stage before we get a moment of silence and ten bell salute in honor of Pat Patterson.
- We open in the arena with an interview with the Universal champion Roman Reigns, Jey Uso, and Paul Heyman ahead of Roman teaming up with his cousin Jey in tonight's main event against Kevin Owens and Otis. Roman is asked what happened last week between he and Jey where he initiated attacks on Otis and Daniel Bryan by Jey as well as Jey failing to make Kevin fear Roman. Roman takes offense at accusations of him manipulating Jey, Roman saying that he's not the type to need to manipulate someone. Roman tells Kayla that she's blown the interview before Paul lists of analytics regarding viewership when Jey headlines. Kevin Owens comes out to the ring and gets in Roman's face before challenging him to a TLC match for the Universal title. Kevin says that he's fine fighting Roman right now before Roman says that he accepts the match at TLC.
Roman and company then leave up the ramp before Kevin says that Roman has no balls before calling him a bitch, Roman not taking the bait and leaving.
- We get a graphic for a Pat Patterson tribute match later tonight as well as a sit-down interview with both Smackdown Women's champion Sasha Banks and Carmella.
- Bayley then makes her way out to the ring as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Roman, Jey and Paul backstage where Roman reminds Jey that there are consequences for everything he does before saying that he loves him and leaves.
Bayley vs Natalya
Bayley beats Natalya down and mocks Bianca Belair who's joined commentary before Natalya sends her into the steps as we go to commercial.
We come back to Bayley in control of Natalya before missing a running knee in the corner and Natalya locks in a sharpshooter and Bayley is forced to tap for the win.
Winner: Natalya defeats Bayley via submission.
- We get graphics for our main event later tonight as well as a tribute to Pat Patterson up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back to an extended video package celebrating the historic career of Pat Patterson as well as a look at the inaugural Intercontinental Championship that he won in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to become the first champion.
Pat Patterson Tribute Match
Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio & Big-E vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Dolph Ziggler & Sami Zayn
Shin and Rey kick things off with Rey hitting a head scissors before E and Dolph come in and E stops an attempted single leg before dropping Dolph. Daniel hits a diving ax handle and rocks Dolph with an uppercut before dropping him with a shoulder block and Sami grabs his foot at ringside. Daniel hits a suicide dive onto Sami and knocks Shin off of the apron before Dolph dropkicks Daniel off of the top and down onto the floor as we go to commercial.
Daniel fights out of the corner before E gets the hot tag and Sami gets the blind tag before E goes shoulder first into the post. Rey gets the blind tag for his team and hits a head scissors before Sami hits a blue thunderbomb for two before Dolph comes back in and misses a splash in the corner. Daniel comes in and kicks Dolph down in the corner before hitting a frankensteiner, but Dolph rolls through for a near fall before they exchange pin attempts. Daniel drops Dolph with a roundhouse kick before Dolph hits a famouser for a near fall that E breaks up. Shin takes out E before Rey sends Shin out of the ring and Sami gets the blind tag before Daniel hits Dolph with a running knee.
Sami then rolls Daniel up for a near fall before Daniel locks in the Yes Lock and Sami gets his foot on the bottom rope before Daniel wins with an inside cradle for the pin and the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio and Big-E defeat Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura and Dolph Ziggler via pinfall.
- After the match Rey, E and Daniel celebrate by clearing the ring and attacking Dolph before celebrating as we go backstage.
- Backstage Kevin is interviewed about his problem with Roman, Kevin saying that he used to look up to Roman until he changed and became a despicable human being. Otis then shows up and the two discuss strategy ahead of their tag match before fist bumping.
- We see a split screen of Carmella on one side and Sasha Banks on the other, getting ready for their satellite interview up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back to this week's Progressive Match Flo where Sasha attacked Carmella backstage after she cut a promo on Sasha. We next go to a split screen satellite interview with the two women where the two mock each other and Sasha says that she wants to settle things once and for all. Sasha then says that she wants to face Carmella at TLC with the Smackdown Women's Championship on the line.
- We see Murphy and Aliyah Mysterio making their way out to the ring ahead of Murphy's rematch against Baron Corbin up next as we go to commercial.
Murphy w/ The Mysterio Family vs Baron Corbin
Corbin comes out to the ring with Wesley Blake and Steve Cutler in hooded sweatshirts, Cutler and Blake watching the Mysterio family to make sure that they don't interfere. Once the match starts Corbin takes control and beats Murphy down and man handles him around the ring before Murphy hits a head scissors that sends Corbin out of the ring. Murphy then hits a PK from the apron before Corbin drives him into the apron and throws Murphy into the time keepers area as we go to commercial.
We come back to see Corbin in control in the ring as Blake and Cutler keep the Mysterio Family at bay. Murphy comes back with a missile dropkick into a flurry of strikes before knocking Corbin out of the ring with a V-Trigger. Murphy rolls Corbin back into the ring before hitting an enzuigiri and going up top where Blake and Cutler attack Rey and Dom at ringside. Corbin then hits Murphy with The End of Days when he chases Blake and Cutler into the ring for the pin and the win.
Winner: Baron Corbin defeats Murphy via pinfall.
- Backstage the Street Profits talk about tonight's main event before they're interrupted by Robert Roode and Cesaro who say that their respective teams are the top team on the blue brand.
Jey Uso & Roman Reigns w/Paul vs Otis & Kevin Owens
Roman doesn't come down to the ring to the match, the consequences that he spoke about earlier being seemingly revealed before Jey starts the match with Otis. Otis goes right after Jey and beats him down before tossing him across the ring and dropping Jey with a discus clothesline. Otis whips Jey into the corner before Jey dodges him and Otis goes into the post before Kevin comes in and punches Jey in the corner. Jey comes back with an Irish whip into a Samoan drop as Roman and Paul make their way out to the ring. Kevin drops Jey with an enzuigiri as Roman looks on from the apron before Roman comes in with no tag and attacks Otis who's not legal at the moment.
Roman sends Otis into the post and the steps before hitting Otis with the steps and tossing them away before Kevin attacks Roman. Jey then hits a suicide dive onto Kevin when he's distracted with Roman as we go to commercial.
We come back to Jey in control, clotheslining Kevin before punching him down in the corner and Kevin dodges a running hip attack in the corner into a cannonball. Kevin tells Roman to get into the ring with him before hitting Jey with a Samoan drop that angers Roman before Roman gets in the ring. Roman punches Kevin before Jey superkicks him and goes up top before Roman demands he tag out so Roman can finish Kevin off. Kevin then knocks Roman off of the apron and hits Jey with a stunner before Roman comes in and locks in a guillotine for the disqualification.
Winner: Kevin Owens and Otis defeat Roman Reigns and Jey Uso via disqualification.
- After the match Roman chokes Kevin unconscious before he and Jey grab chairs and attack Kevin with them before Jey hits a diving splash onto a chair onto Kevin. Roman then chokes Kevin with the chair before laying his title on Kevin and punching Kevin while talking to him before saying that he's going to take his manhood and livelihood as we go off the air.
- From The Web