Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open tonight's show with the Universal champion Roman Reigns accompanied to the ring by Paul Heyman, and Jey Uso. Roman gets on the mic and talks about how he kept his promise about beating Kevin Owens before turning his attention to Edge who should automatically come to Smackdown. Roman says Edge should beg at Roman's feet for him to make him relevant before asking where Edge is and how he's disrespecting him by making him wait. Roman becomes infuriated and yells at Edge through the camera before saying that he shouldn't play games him with or he'll end up like Kevin Owens who is gone now. Roman then demands that Edge give him his decision by the end of the night before leaving.
- We get a graphic for a triple threat Intercontinental Championship match between the champion Big E, Apollo Crews, and Sami Zayn.
Dominik Mysterio (w/ Rey Mysterio) vs Baron Corbin
Corbin attacks Dom on the stage when he's coming out to the ring the same way he was attacked coming out before their last match before throwing Rey off of the stage as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to the match already in progress with Corbin in control before Dom sends Corbin out of the ring and hits a tope as Rey comes down to check on Dom as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break as Dom comes off of the top and Corbin catches him before Dom hits a neckbreaker into a standing moonsault for two before Dom counters a chokeslam for a near fall. Corbin then counters a 619 into Deep Six for a near fall before Rey distracts Corbin and Dom hits a 619 into a frog splash for the pin and the win.
Winner: Dominik Mysterio defeats Baron Corbin via pinfall.
- We get this week's Progressive Match Flo recapping last week's Intercontinental Championship match between Big E and Apollo Crews before Sami Zayn interfered and set up tonight's triple threat match.
- Backstage E is interviewed ahead of his title defense against Apollo and Sami.
Daniel Bryan vs Cesaro
DB hits a suicide dive before countering a back suplex and a pop-up uppercut into a back slide for two before Cesaro and DB exchange submissions before DB stomps the face of Cesaro. Cesaro then locks in a torture rack before turning it into a backbreaker and a swing before locking in a sharpshooter for the tap and the win.
Winner: Cesaro defeats Daniel Bryan via submission.
- We get a recap of Bianca Belair winning the Women's Royal Rumble match before we go backstage to an interview with Bianca who talks about winning the match and getting to main event Wrestlemania.
Bayley vs Ruby Riott
Ruby drops Bayley with an enzuigiri before Bayley lawn darts her into the top turnbuckle and hits an elbow drop before focusing on the injured arm of Ruby. Ruby sends Bayley off of the top before countering Bayley to Belly and Bayley snaps her in the ropes before locking in a shoulder lock before Billie tries to get into the ring. Billie and Liv then segue at ringside before Bayley pins Ruby with her finisher for the win.
Winner: Bayley defeats Ruby Riott via pinfall.
- Backstage we see Edge who has made his way into the arena before we go back to the ring as Bianca gets into the ring to make her decision.
- Reginald makes his way out to the ring and tells Bianca that she can defeat Asuka, but she has no chance beating Sasha Banks before Carmella comes out to the ring. Carmella says that she's beaten Sasha twice and that she knows that she could do the same thing to her before Sasha comes out. Sasha says that she's going to stop focusing on the past and focus on the future with Bianca before saying that Bianca may be the strongest and the fastest, but she's not the best. Sasha then says that Bianca has everything, but the Smackdown Women's Championship before Reginald says that Bianca got lucky and she will lose to Sasha before whipping Reginald out of the ring with her hair.
- We get a graphic for The Main Event, a special video reliving Hulk Hogan versus Andre the Giant from thirty three years ago today.
- Backstage in the locker room Paul informs Roman that Edge has come into the arena as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to a backstage interview with Sami Zayn ahead of his Intercontinental Championship match.
Otis & Chad Gable vs Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
Dolph and Chad grapple on the mat before Chad knocks Robert off of the apron and Dolph dropkicks Chad before Robert comes in and hits a float over suplex for two. Otis gets the hot tag and runs over Robert before throwing him across the ring and hitting Dolph with a uranage onto a clothesline and a running splash in the corner. Otis then hits Robert with The Caterpillar before Chad comes in and hits Dolph with a German suplex before Robert pins Chad with the Glorious DDT for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode defeat Chad Gable and Otis.
- We get this week in history in the WWE featuring an extended video package for Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant.
- Edge is backstage talking to Shinsuke Nakamura off mic
WWE Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat Match
Big E (c) vs Apollo Crews vs Sami Zayn
E and Sami send Apollo out of the ring before E hits Sami with a high angle back body drop before Apollo comes back in and hits E with several suplexes for two. Apollo sends Sami out of the ring before E sends Apollo out onto the apron and Sami grabs E by the door and drags him out of the ring before Apollo takes E out with a flipping senton. Apollo then hits a moonsault off of the apron onto E before Sami takes out Apollo as we go to commercial.
We come back to Sami back in control in the run as he chokes him in the ropes before Apollo hits Sami with a missile dropkick and E hits an overhead belly to belly. E hits a running splash to both Apollo and Sami before Apollo rocks him with an enzuigiri and E sends him over the top rope and down onto the floor before Sami hits a Helluva Kick for a near fall that Apollo breaks up. Apollo then beats on Sami at ringside before throwing him into the time keepers area before E hits Apollo with the Big Ending as soon as Apollo gets back into the ring.
Winner: Big E retains his Intercontinental championship by defeating Apollo Crews and Sami Zayn via pinfall.
- We get a video package for the career of Seth Rollins after his return at the Royal Rumble this past Sunday night before we're told that he's coming back to Smackdown next week.
- Edge makes his way out to the ring and talks about how he's always had the dream of winning the Royal Rumble, main eventing Wrestlemania and getting back something he never lost. Edge talks about how he won the Royal Rumble after entering number one before questioning who he should challenge, listing off Drew McIntyre, Finn Bälor, and Roman Reigns, respectively. Edge is interrupted by Roman, Paul, and Jey before Edge mocks Roman for bringing backup when he came alone before Roman gives Edge his word that Paul won't attack him. Edge says that he's already in Roman's head before Roman has Paul and Jey leave and demands that Edge acknowledge him as the champion he wants to face. Kevin Owens then shows up out of nowhere and hits Roman with a stunner before leaving as Edge smiles down at Roman on the mat and leaves as we go off the air.