Good evening Fight Fans and welcome to our coverage of tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX! We hope you enjoy the show and be sure to check out the post-show podcast!
- Braun Strowman comes out to the ring to start the show to celebrate his title victory over Goldberg at Wrestlemania before he's interrupted by Shinsuke Nakamura. Shinsuke then capitalizes off of a distraction by Cesaro and drops Braun with a roundhouse kick before Shinsuke and Cesaro leave. We then get a graphic for the return of The Dirt Sheet, a video recapping Otis' win over Dolph Ziggler at Wrestlemania and a graphic for our Women's Tag Team Championship rematch up next as we go to commercial.
Women's Tag Team Championship Match
Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross (c) vs Asuka & Kairi Sane
Kairi immediately attacks Alexa before the Warriors double up on Alexa before Alexa gets two on Kairi and they exchange right hands before Kairi stomps on Alexa's foot and Asuka knocks Nikki off of the apron before stomping Alexa in the corner. Asuka and Kairi drop Alexa with a series of fast paced moves for two before Alexa hits a baseball slide to Kairi and Asuka drops her with a running hip attack at ringside. Asuka then jumps on the announce table and dances before Nikki attacks her and knocks her off before hitting a diving cross body off of the table and onto Asuka onto the floor as we go to commercial.
We come back to Asuka in control of Nikki before she tags in Kairi and they mock Alexa before hitting running moves in the corner for two before Nikki gets two off of a sunset flip, but Kairi stops her from reaching Alexa and hits an elbow drop to her back for two. Kairi backs Nikki into the corner before Nikki knocks Kairi off of the apron and catches Asuka coming in before rolling her up for two and hitting a bulldog. Nikki gets the tag to Alexa who clotheslines Asuka and dropkicks Kairi before hitting a moonsault and Kairi comes back with a spear for two before Asuka saves Kairi from a double suplex and Asuka and Kairi hit a variation of a doomsday device. Asuka locks in an armbar that Alexa breaks up before Kairi sends her out of the ring and Alexa comes back in and DDT's Kairi for a near fall that Asuka breaks up by dragging Kairi out of the ring. Nikki gets hit with a high knee when she dives off of the apron to Asuka before Alexa hits a tope and takes out Asuka at ringside. Nikki then gets the blind tag before Nikki hits a swinging neckbreaker for the pin and the win.
Winner: Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss defeat Kairi Sane and Asuka via pinfall to retain their tag titles.
- After the match we get a graphic for Braun Strowman versus Shinsuke Nakamura in a non-title match in our main event before we get a graphic for Otis and Mandy Rose up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Elias who thanks the fans for their support and wishing him well before he plays a song about what Corbin did to him as we get highlights of his match against Corbin at Wrestlemania before we go to a video package recapping the love triangle between Otis, Mandy Rose and Dolph Ziggler that culminated at Wrestlemania with Otis defeating Dolph with Mandy's help in which she got revenge on both Sonya Deville who betrayed her and Dolph who manipulated and used her. Dolph and Sonya then come out to the ring for Dolph's match against Tucker up next as we go to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler w/Sonya Deville vs Tucker
Tucker attacks Dolph and tries to go after Sonya when she gets on the apron before Tucker sends Dolph into the corner and slams him for two before Dolph catches Tucker with a back elbow and Tucker slingshots Dolph into the corner. Tucker goes out after Dolph who rolls out of the ring before sending him into the steps before dropping him back first across the table and tossing him back into the ring before hitting a powerslam for two and drops Dolph with a clothesline. Dolph then sends Tucker into the post before superkicking him for the pin and the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler defeats Tucker via pinfall.
- After the match we get highlights of the final moments of the tag team championship ladder match where one person from each team fought for the belts in which John Morrison managed to retain the titles for him and The Miz before we get a graphic for The Dirt Sheet up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back to The Miz and John Morrison in the ring already for tonight's edition of The Dirt Sheet in which they talk about retaining their titles and how they're the best tag team of the generation before they review The Undertaker and AJ Styles in the Boneyard Match. They then start dancing and rapping before they're interrupted by The Usos before the champs leave and everyone are interrupted by The New Day before it's announced that The Miz will have to defend the tag belts on his own next week as we get a graphic for our main event later tonight and a video package promoting the debut of The Forgotten Sons up next as we go to commercial.
The Forgotten Sons w/Jaxson Ryker vs Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik & Lince Dorado)
Blake goes right after Lince and beats on him in the corner before getting the tag to Cutler and Lince hits an asai moonsault before getting the tag to Metalik who hits a dive off of Lince's shoulders and Blake hits a butterfly backbreaker. Blake starts focusing on the back of Lince before choking him in the ropes and FS hit a double backbreaker for two before Cutler locks in a rear chin lock and rocks Lince with an uppercut once he gets to his feet. Lince leaps over Cutler and sends him out of the ring before Lince hits Blake with a Golden Rewind and gets the tag to Metalik who hits a diving cross body that takes them both out Metalik hits a missile dropkick for two that Blake breaks up before Metalik hits an enzuigiri. Blake then clotheslines Metalik before The Forgotten Sons hit their finisher for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Forgotten Sons defeat Lucha House Party via pinfall.
- After the match we go backstage to Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross celebrating before they're interrupted by Dana Brooke and Carmella who challenge them to a title match and they accept before all four men celebrate before we go to the ring with Sasha Banks and Bayley as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Sasha and Bayley in the ring before they're joined by Tamina and Bayley tells Tamina that she can have her title shot if she can defend Sasha in a one on one match before Tamina leaves and Sasha argues with Bayley before we go to a graphic for our main event and one for part one of the WWE career of Jeff Hardy up next as we go to commercial.
Sheamus vs Cal Bloom
They go back and forth before Sheamus drops Cal with a back elbow and stomps him against the ropes before hitting clubbing blows with Cal in the ropes before hitting the Brogue Kick for the pin and the win.
Winner: Sheamus defeats Cal Bloom via pinfall.
- After the match we get part one at a look at Jeff Hardy's WWE Network special which shows off the beginning of career as a child and as a teen before we get highlights of the career of him and his brother Matt and Team Extreme as we go to commercial.
- We come back to a graphic for the career of Triple H starting next week as well as a graphic for the tag team title triple threat and Sasha Banks versus Tamina as well as Daniel Bryan and Cesaro and Naomi and Dana Brook in Money in the Bank Qualifiers before we finish with a graphic for Mandy and Sonya meeting face to face next week.
Braun Strowman vs Shinsuke Nakamura w/Cesaro
Shinsuke goes for a kick before Braun catches the kick and drops him before headbutting him and tossing him out of the ring before Braun backs Cesaro down and rocks Shinsuke with a right hand before tossing him back into the ring. Shinsuke then knees Braun in the midsection when he tries to get back into the ring before Braun drops Shinsuke across the barricade as we go to commercial.
We return to Braun throwing Shinsuke into the air and letting him crash onto the mat before smashing his face into the corner and hitting a running clothesline before Shinsuke counters a powerslam and rocks Braun with a spinning kick. Cesaro hits Braun with an uppercut from the apron when Shinsuke bumps into the referee for two before Braun hits a side slam when Shinsuke tries to lock in a side headlock before hitting a running splash in the corner. Braun knocks Cesaro off of the apron and turns Shinsuke inside out with a boot before Shinsuke rolls out of the ring and collapses in a heap on the floor before Braun runs him over with a shoulder block tosses him back into the ring. Braun then takes out Cesaro and sends him over the barricade before he gets back into the ring and Shinsuke hits a Kinshasa for a near fall before Braun counters a second Kinshasa into a running powerslam for the pin and the win.
Winner: Braun Strowman defeats Shinsuke Nakamura via pinfall.
- After the match Bray Wyatt shows up on the big screen and shows highlights of his match against John Cena at Wrestlemania before saying that Braun betrayed him and his family before Braun says that he's not going to fall for Bray's mind games and is ready to face him any time he wants before Braun mocks Bray who becomes visibly upset as we go off the air.