Good evening Fight Fans and welcome to our coverage of tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open the show with a graphic in memory of former announcer Howard Finkel who passed away yesterday before we open in the arena with a graphic for two ladder in the bank qualifiers later tonight as well as Mandy Rose confronting Sonya Deville before Nikki Cross and Alexa Bliss come out to the ring for A Moment of Bliss. Alexa and Nikki next introduce their guest, Universal champion Braun Strowman, Braun being asked about his title defense against Bray Wyatt at Money in the Bank next month. Braun says that the Wyatt Family is his past before he's given a present which he opens to be revealed as his mask he wore when he was in the family before Bray's laughter fills the arena as we go to commercial.
Sasha Banks vs Tamina
Sasha tries to barter with Tamina, but she’s not having it before Bayley distracts Tamina from ringside and Sasha rolls her up for two before Tamina comes back and sends Sasha out onto the apron before Tamina knocks her off of the apron and down onto the floor as we go to commercial.
We come back from commercial and Tamina is still in control until Sasha hits running knees in the corner for two and hits her with punches in mount before hitting a basement dropkick for two. Tamina tries to come back, but Sasha keeps her grounded before Tamina gets back to her feet and Sasha goes for a sleeper before Tamina drives her into the corner to break it up before missing a running splash in the corner. Tamina sends Sasha out onto the apron before she gets back in when she hits Tamina with a knee and Tamina hits her with a uranage before Sasha rolls out of the ring to catch her breath. Tamina goes out after Sasha, but gets distracted by Bayley yelling at her at ringside before Sasha sends her into the post and hits a 619 before sending her into the steps. Sasha then distracts the referee before Bayley tries to interfere and the referee catches her before Lacey Evans comes out and takes out Bayley before Tamina super kicks Sasha once they’re back in the ring for the pin and the win.
Winner: Tamina defeats Sasha Banks via pinfall to earn a shot at Bayley’s Smackdown Women’s Championship.
- We then get a graphic for the men's and women's Money in the Bank qualifiers before we go backstage to Jey Uso getting ready for the tag title match in tonight's main event as we go to commercial.
Sheamus vs Local Talent
Sheamus is in control early before his opponent comes back and shows off his grappling skills before Sheamus beats him down with elbows and knees before finishing him with a Brogue Kick in a short match for the pin and the win.
Winner: Sheamus defeats a local performer via pinfall.
- After the match Sheamus cuts a promo at the announce desk when Michael goes to talk about Jeff Hardy before we get part two of the look at the career of Jeff Hardy. We then go backstage to Dana Brooke getting ready for her match against Naomi up next in the women's MitB qualifier before Carmella tells her that she should focus on their women's tag title shot next week before we go to the ring as Naomi comes out for her match as we go to commercial.
Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifying Match
Naomi vs Dana Brooke
Naomi immediately rolls Dana up for two before they exchange pin attempts until Naomi dropkicks Dana for two before Dana sends Naomi over the top rope and crashing down onto the floor before Dana mocks Naomi and plays to the crowd that's not actually there. Dana goes out after Naomi and tosses her back into the ring for two before Naomi comes back with kicks and a springboard roundhouse for two before Dana hits a sit-out power bomb for two. Naomi gets her knees up when Dana goes for a cartwheel splash before Dana counters one Rear View, but Naomi hits it on the second attempt for a near fall before Naomi misses a split legged moonsault. Dana then hits a sunset flip for the pin and the win.
Winner: Dana Brooke defeats Naomi via pinfall to gain entry to the Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match.
- We then get a video package for the saga between Otis, Mandy Rose, Dolph Ziggler and Sonya Deville before we get a graphic for Mandy confronting Sonya Deville up next as we go to commercial.
- Sonya Deville comes out to the ring before she's interrupted by Mandy Rose and they have a heated argument with the two crying and yelling at each other before Sonya reveals her true feelings about Mandy. saying that she hated playing second fiddle to Mandy all of these years and that she's the real success behind Fire & Desire. They nearly come to blows before they're interrupted by Dolph Ziggler who says that he and Mandy can't fake what they felt for each other and experienced on Valentine's Day before Mandy shoves him and Sonya knocks her down. Otis comes out and goes after Dolph before he's sent out of the ring and he and Mandy clear the ring before Dolph goes for a sneak attack, but Otis is ready before dropping Dolph and hitting The Caterpillar. Sonya then helps Dolph to the back as they say that it isn't over before we go to a video package for Howard Finkel as we go to commercial.
- We come back to a promo by The Miz about his title defense later tonight before we go to a video package for The Forgotten Sons before we go to the ring for the men's Money in the Bank qualifier between Cesaro and Daniel Bryan.
Men's Money in the Bank Ladder Match Qualifying Match
Daniel Bryan w/Drew Gulak vs Cesaro w/Shinsuke Nakamura
They lock up before Cesaro drops Daniel with a shoulder block and Daniel sends Cesaro out of the ring before hitting a suicide dive before we get another video of the masked man at the control panel who shows various tag teams and the message that the truth will be heard is shown again as we go to commercial.
We come back to Daniel in control of Cesaro, focusing on his arm before taking him down and goes for an arm bar, but Cesaro power bombs his way free before hitting a pair of scoop slams for two before Daniel rolls out onto the apron and snaps the arm of Cesaro across his shoulder. Daniel goes for a diving cross body, but Cesaro catches him and hits a backbreaker for two before locking in a sharpshooter and Daniel crawls to the bottom rope for the break before Daniel rolls out of the ring and Cesaro follows him before dropping him with a running uppercut as we go to commercial.
We come back to the two going for a back slide before Daniel goes for a flying arm bar and Cesaro counters before Daniel picks his ankle and kicks him in the arm ala KUSHIDA before hitting the Yes Kicks and a roundhouse kick for two. Daniel elbows Cesaro before Cesaro picks him up on his shoulders and sends him into the corner before hitting a GTS for two before locking in a cross face, Daniel rolling around until he reverses into a cross face of his own. They exchange near falls off of a various pinning combinations before Cesaro clotheslines Daniel and rocks him with uppercuts in the corner before Daniel locks in a cross face and Shinsuke tries to interfere. Drew then grabs Shinsuke and sends him into the barricade to keep Shinsuke from breaking up the hold before Cesaro is forced to tap for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan defeats Cesaro via submission to gain entry into the men's MitB Ladder match.
- After the match we go backstage to Big-E who cuts a promo about his challenging for the tag titles in our main event later tonight as we go to Elias who starts to make his way to the arena and is attacked by Baron Corbin who lays him out and tries to break his hand so he can't play guitar before dragging him off camera with his guitar as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Elias alone before Corbin shows back up and beats him down, focusing on his hands before hitting him with his scepter and putting his crown on before leaving the view of the camera as Elias struggles to his feet only to have his guitar broken over his back as Corbin leaves. We then get a graphic for two more qualifier match next week before the aforementioned Corbin and Drew Gulak and Sasha Banks and Lacey Evans.
Smackdown Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Match
The Miz (c) vs Jey Uso vs Big-E
The MIz rushes E who side steps him before E takes out Jey and E sends Miz out of the ring before sending him into the barricade and taking the top off of the announce table before Jey super kicks him and Miz boots him. Jey and Miz then suplex E through the announce table as we go to commercial.
We come back to Jey in control, hitting suicide dives out of opposite sides of the ring before hitting a diving cross body to Miz for two before dropping E with an enzuigiri and running hip attacks in opposite corners before E hits him with a uranage. Miz drops E and goes for the Skull Crushing Finale, but E counters before Jey super kicks the both of them for two before Miz gets a near fall off of an inside cradle and E is knocked off of the apron. Miz then hits Jey with the Skull Crushing Finale for a near fall before locking in a figure four that E breaks up before hitting The Big Ending to Miz for the pin and the win.
Winner: Big-E defeats The Miz and Jey Uso via pinfall to become the new Smackdown World Tag Team champions with Kofi Kingston.
- After the match we see Kofi Kingston in part of the screen who we see elated on his camera phone as E clutches and kisses the belts before Xavier Woods appears on the screen and congratulates E who goes back to kissing and hugging the belts as we go off the air.