Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's go home edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX before night one of Wrestlemania tomorrow night!
- We open tonight's show with Daniel Bryan coming out to the ring ahead of his challenging for the Universal Championship in the main event of night two of Wrestlemania in a triple threat against the champion Roman Reigns and Royal Rumble winner Edge. Daniel then talks about how he's always been associated with the word yes, but has always been told no before saying that he's going to make history at Wrestlemania and win the Universal title for the first time in his career.
- Backstage The Street Profits are interviewed ahead of their challenging for the Smackdown Tag Team titles in a fatal four way before they're attacked by the champions Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode and the four brawl out to the stage before the Mysterios and Alpha Academy come out and the four teams involved in the title match brawl as we go to commercial.
WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Fatal Four Way Match
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode (c) vs Alpha Academy vs Street Profits vs The Mysterios
We come back to the match already in progress as Chad and Dom kick things off before Dom sends Chad through the ropes and dropkicks him once he's back inside before hitting an arm drag and Chad backs him to the ropes. Otis gets the blind tag and AA double team Dom before Dolph tags himself in and goes for the early win with a cover for two before he and Robert and AA isolate Dom until he gets the hot tag to his father Rey. Dom and Rey then take out the other three teams with stereo topes as we go to commercial as they hug in the ring.
We come back to Montez and Robert in the ring as Montez dropkicks Robert for two before Otis comes in and clotheslines Montez head over heels before hitting a scoop slam and tagging in Chad. AA continue to work together with the tag champions until Ford hits a spinning powerbomb and tags in Angelo who drops Robert repeatedly and suplexes Chad over his head and out of the ring. Angelo hits Robert with a bulldog and tags in Rey who hits a springboard seated senton before Rey sends Angelo out of the ring and hits a head scissors to Robert before Dom dropkicks Roode into the ropes. Rey hits Dolph with a drop toe hold in the ropes before the father and son hit stereo 619's and Rey hits a springboard splash for a near fall that Otis breaks up before Dom tags in Montez who exchanges pins with Chad. Ford then hits Chad with a frog splash before sends Ford out of the ring as Roode tags himself in and covers Chad for the win.
Winner: Dolph Zigggler and Robert Roode retain their Smackdown Tag Team titles by defeating The Mysterios, Alpha Academy, and Street Profits via pinfall.
- Backstage Bianca Belair is interviewed ahead of her challenging for Sasha Banks' Smackdown Women's title in the main event of night one of Wrestlemania tomorrow night on Peacock.
- We get a video package promo by Intercontinental champion Big E ahead of his title defense at Wrestlemania against Apollo Crews as well as a graphic announcing that WALE will be performing E's entrance theme live for him before the match.
- We get a video package for the match between The Fiend and Randy Orton at Wrestlemania.
Nia Jax (w/ Shayna Baszler & Reginald) vs Tamina (w/ Natalya)
They go back and forth before Tamina goes up top and Shayna tries to distract her before Natty rips her down and Shayna sends Natty into the steps before Tamina hits a Samoan drop. Shayna then attacks Tamina for the disqualification.
Winner: Tamina defeats Nia Jax via disqualification.
- After the match Tamina and Natty run Nia and Shayna off.
- Backstage all of the women involved in the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Number One Contender Tag Team Scramble Match exchange words before brawling and Natty and Tamina show up and take everyone out before leaving.
- We then go back to the ThunderDome as Edge comes out to the ring with chair in hand before setting it up in the center of the ring as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to Edge sitting down as he talks about challenging for the Universal title and how it's his destiny which he intends to manifest into reality.
- Backstage Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville discuss tonight's fatal four way for the tag titles and the triple threat at Wrestlemania. Sonya then says that it wasn't fair that Dolph and Robert had to defend against three other teams and it's not fair that Daniel is in the Universal title match before walking off.
- Backstage Smackdown Women's champion Sasha Banks is interviewed ahead of her title defense against Bianca Belair in the main event of night one of Wrestlemania tomorrow night.
- We get a video package for the WWE title match between the champion Bobby Lashley and the challenger Drew McIntyre who will open the festivities for night one of Wrestlemania tomorrow night.
- Earlier today Sami Zayn met with the Paul brothers training in the gym ahead of Logan's boxing match against Ben Askren before we go to Sami in the ThunderDome as he invades the commentary table as the competitors come out for the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Kevin Owens then shows up out of nowhere and attacks Sami before he flees as the ring fills up as we go to commercial.
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Akira is first to be eliminated before Tucker is next to be eliminated and both members of the former Hurt Bussiness, Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin are eliminated as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Erik being eliminated before the former Retribution members eliminate Humberto Carillo and Elias before Mustafa Ali eliminates T-Bar and Gran Metalik eliminates Lince Dorado. Baron Corbin then eliminates Metallik after Metalik eliminated his stablemate as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Corbin eliminating Murphy before Shinsuke eliminates Angel and it's down to Shin, Baron, Jey, Mustafa, and Ricochet until Ricochet eliminates Mustafa. Baron traps Ricochet on the top rope before Jey superkicks him off and down onto the floor before Jey and Baron double team Shin before Jey nearly eliminates Baron. Shin nearly eliminates Jey before eliminating Baron and Jey eliminates Shin for the win.
Winner: Jey Uso wins the battle royal by being the last superstar in the ring.
- After the match Jey celebrates before Universal champion Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman come out to the ring to congratulate Jey as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Roman saying that he has nothing to prove to anyone as he's not a politician and has to answer to no one and that he's been consistently good for over thirty weeks in a row as champion since he won the title at Summerslam. Roman mocks Daniel and takes offense to him saying that he made Roman tap out as piped in chants of "You tapped out!" fill the ThunderDome before Roman says that he won't be able to make him tap out Sunday. Roman next turns his attention to the winner of the Royal Rumble and tells Edge that the title isn't his dream, being in the main event of Wrestlemania in the same ring as him is the the dream and that the dream will end at Wrestlemania. Roman then says that he saves careers and will crush the dreams of Daniel and Edge and that it is a spoiler rather than a prediction before saying that he's going to wreck everyone and leave as we go off the air.