Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's go home edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open tonight's show with Jey Uso in the ring as he introduces the Universal champion Roman Reigns who comes out to the ring alongside Paul Heyman. Roman talks about how they have a problem with Jimmy Uso after he disrespected him and Jimmy comes out to the ring wearing a shirt that says Nobody's Bitch. Jey pleads with Jimmy to show respect to Roman and acknowledge him as the Head of the Table and the Tribal Chief before Roman before Jimmy says that Roman can't beat Cesaro. Roman mocks Jimmy's talent before Jimmy says that he and Jey are the Tribal Chiefs which infuriates Roman who says that's not how things work before Roman tells Jimmy to show he can defeat Cesaro. Jimmy then accepts Roman's proposal before calling out Cesaro who comes out onto the stage and accepts his challenge before telling Roman that he's going to beat him at Backlash.
WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Match
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax (c) vs Natalya & Tamina
Natty and Shayna start the match off before she and Tamina double team Shayna for two before Reginald is almost immediately ejected from ringside before Nia hits Tamina with a Samoan drop onto the floor. Shayna then drops Natty with a knee for two as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to the tag champs double teaming Natty before Tamina uses Shayna to break up a near fall on Nia. Tamina counters a Kirifuda Clutch and hits a running cross body before stomping Shayna down and hitting several knee drops. Nia comes in and goes for a superplex before Tamina fights her off and gets distracted by Shayna on the apron before Natty takes her out. Nia then hits Natty with a Samoan drop before Tamina hits Nia with a diving splash for the pin and the win.
Winner: Natalya and Tamina defeat Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax via pinfall to become the new WWE Women's Tag Team champions.
- Apollo Crews and Commander Azeez come out to the ring before they're interrupted and attacked by the former Intercontinental champion Big E before they're taken out by Kevin Owens. Sami Zayn then shows up and attacks Kevin before E lays them both out and Apollo and Azeez escape.
Rey Mysterio (w/ Dominik Mysterio) vs Dolph Ziggler (w/ Robert Roode)
Rey and Dolph lock up before Rey backs Dolph to the ropes for the break before Dolph locks in a standing side headlock and drops Rey with a shoulder block as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Dolph still in control as we see that Rey missed a springboard cross body during the break before Rey comes back with a DDT before hitting a diving seated senton. Rey then gets a near fall before Dolph hits a Famouser doe a near fall of his own before hitting a superkick and Rey counters a suplex into a pin for the win out of nowhere.
Winner: Rey Mysterio defeats Dolph Ziggler via pinfall.
- We get a backstage interview with Cesaro ahead of his match against Jimmy Uso and his upcoming Universal Championship match at Wrestlemania: Backlash.
- Backstage Rey and Dom are interviewed before Dolph and Robert show up and Rey makes Dom leave with him before he attacks the champions.
- We go to the ring to an interview with the Smackdown Women's champion Bianca Belair ahead of her first title defense against former champion Bayley. Bayley then shows up on the big screen and the two exchange words before Bayley glares at the camera and Bianca holds up her title.
Shinsuke Nakamura vs Baron Corbin
Corbin takes control before Shin counters a suplex and drops Corbin with a wheel kick before hitting Good Vibrations in the corner and Corbin knocks him off of the top. Corbin chokes Shin in the ropes before hitting a kitchen sink and locking in a crucifix before elbowing Shin in the side of the head before Shin comes back with a dropkick. Shin then lays into Corbin with a flurry before hitting a flying armbar and Corbin powerbombs Shin and stacks him up for the pin and the win.
Winner: Baron Corbin defeats Shinsuke Nakamura via pinfall.
- After the match Corbin tosses Shin out of the ring before he comes back in and lays out Corbin with a Kinshasa before stomping Corbin and taking his crown.
- Backstage Adam Pearce talks with Sonya Deville before they're interrupted by Apollo and Azeez and Adam makes a fatal four match for the Intercontinental title next week as Sonya leaves as we go to commercial.
- We get this week's video package promo by Aleister Black where he talks about what his father taught him as he reads from his book.
Jimmy Uso vs Cesaro
Cesaro goes right after Jimmy and drops him repeatedly for two before Jimmy fakes an injury and superkicks the knee of Cesaro before hitting a Samoan drop for two. Cesaro then dodges a running hip attack in the corner before rolling Jimmy up for two before Jimmy sends Cesaro out of the ring and hits a suicide dive as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break as Jimmy counters the Neutralizer and superkicks Cesaro in midair when he goes for a springboard for two before going up top and Cesaro rocks him with an uppercut. Roman then comes in and attacks Cesaro out of nowhere for the disqualification.
Winner: Cesaro defeats Jimmy Uso via disqualification when Roman Reigns interferes.