Good evening Fight Fans and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open the show with AJ Styles' Intercontinental championship celebration with the locker room surrounding ringside before he asks Daniel Bryan to come into the ring and put the belt around his waist which he does before demanding he congratulate him. Daniel says that he respects AJ's ability in the ring and that he thinks that he will be a great champion and that he's fine being at the back of the line before telling AJ he should defend his title against Drew Gulak. AJ says that he's not giving handouts and that whoever wants to run their mouth will have to deal with the consequences before they're interrupted by Matt Riddle. They then exchange words and brawl in the ring until Matt sends AJ out of the ring as we go to commercial.
AJ Styles vs Matt Riddle
Matt suplexes AJ several times before dropping AJ with a kick for two and hits a running senton for another two count before locking in a front face lock. AJ backs Matt into the corner and drives his shoulder into his midsection before Matt comes back with strikes and beats AJ down before AJ dropkicks him when Matt stops to play to the crowd. AJ then hits Matt with forearms in the corner before hitting him in the throat and sending him over the top rope and onto the apron before Matt tries to drag AJ out of the ring, but AJ kicks him into Baron Corbin at ringside before they exchange words as we go to commercial.
We come back to AJ in control until he hits a snap suplex for two and Matt comes back with a fisherman's suplex and hits several running forearms in the corner into a suplex. Matt hits another running senton for two and follows up with a rear naked choke that AJ counters into a pin attempt for two. AJ counters a GTS into the Calf Crusher before Matt crawls to the bottom rope for the break before AJ shoves Daniel Bryan away at ringside and tries to get him to hit him before Matt snatches AJ up when he goes for the Phenomenal Forearm. Matt then hits AJ with the Bro-Derek for the pin and the win, pinning the Intercontinental champion.
Winner: Matt Riddle defeats AJ Styles via pinfall.
- We then see Jeff Hardy sitting backstage for an interview up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back to this week's Progressive Match Flo recapping the saga between Jeff Hardy and Sheamus before we go to an interview with Jeff where he talks about his career resurgence and his recovery from injury and substance abuse.
- We next go to a quick interview with Chad Gable before he hits Mojo Rawley who has been standing behind him and mocking him and leaves up the stairs to the stage for his match up next as we go to commercial.
Chad Gable vs Mojo Rawley
Mojo drives Chad into the corner before Chad hits a northern lights suplex for two and Mojo drops him throat first across the top rope before turning him inside out with a shoulder tackle for two. Chad sends Mojo through the ropes before Mojo rushes back in and hits a running splash in the corner before missing a second one and Chad suplexes him. Chad then climbs to the top and goes for a diving cross body, but Mojo catches him and Chad counters in an inside cradle for the pin and the win.
Winner: Chad Gable defeats Mojo Rawley via pinfall.
- After the match we see The Miz and John Morrison going over their lines for Miz TV up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Miz TV where Miz and Morrison introduce Mandy Rose as their guest only for Sonya Deville to come out and the two exchange words before brawling until Mandy runs Sonya off and slaps Miz before leaving.
- We then get a graphic for the return of the Firefly Fun House later tonight before we get a recap of the WWE Women's Tag Team championship match from two weeks ago in which Bayley and Sasha Banks defeated Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross to become the new champions and the subsequent celebration last week and them retaining at Backlash! and this past Wednesday on NXT before they come out to the ring to sit ringside as we go to commercial.
New Day vs Lucha House Party
Kofi and Lince kick things off by exchanging wrist locks and flips before Lince sends Kofi across the ring and they exchange standing switches before mirroring a dropkick. Gran comes in and hits a springboard dropkick before E gets the blind tag and hits a belly to belly into a leg drop by Kofi before E sends Lince over the top rope down onto the floor. We then cut backstage to see Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro watching on a monitor before LHP clear the ring and hit dueling topes out of opposite sides of the ring as we go to commercial.
E is in control of Lince as we come back from the break before Lince goes for a diving cross body and E catches him before dropping him with a back elbow and hitting a jumping splash for two. Matt locks in an abdominal stretch before Lince hits the Golden Rewind and tags in Metalik as Kofi gets the tag on the opposite side. Kofi drops Gran several times and dropkicks him before Gran hits a bulldog and gets dropkicked in mid-air for two before Lince hits E with a hurricanrana and a diving splash to Kofi that E breaks up for a near fall. LHP then superkick both Kofi and E before New Day hit the Up Up Down Down for the pin and the win.
Winner: New Day defeats Lucha House Party via pinfall.
- From The Web