Good evening Fight Fans and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on Fox!
- We open the show with a video package where everyone involved in tonight's show cuts a short promo before we go to tonight's edition of The Firefly Fun House where Bray says that he's not finished and no one will be safe until The Fiend reclaims the Universal title from Braun Strowman.
Intercontinental Championship Match
AJ Styles (c) vs Gran Metalik w/Lince Dorado
They lock up and AJ backs Gran into the ropes for a clean break before they lock up again and Gran backs AJ into the corner before AJ beats him down and sends him face first into the top turnbuckle. AJ hits a backbreaker and glances at Lince at ringside before hitting a delayed suplex for two before AJ whips Gran into the corner and teases the Styles Clash, but Gran quickly backs up. Metalik comes back when dodging an elbow drop by AJ and sending him out of the ring with a head scissors before AJ kicks him in the shin on the apron and Metalik kicks AJ when he goes for a springboard. Metalik then hits a running head scissors off of the apron that sends AJ into the barricade as we go to commercial.
We come back to AJ in control back in the ring, meeting Metalik on the top turnbuckle before Metalik kicks him off and hits a diving cross body for two before stomping AJ in the corner. AJ comes back and focuses on the leg and ankle of Metalik, setting up for the Calf Crusher before Metalik hits a tornado DDT for two. Metalik hits a missile dropkick for a near fall before AJ drops him with a flurry of strikes before he teases the Phenomenal Forearm, but Metalik dodges him and drops AJ with an enzuigiri. AJ chop blocks Metalik out of mid-air and turns him head over end before locking in the Calf Crusher for the tap and the win.
Winner: AJ Styles retains his Intercontinental Championship by defeating Gran Metalik via submission.
- AJ attacks Lince Dorado after the match when he's checking on Metalik and gets laid out with a Styles Clash.
- We go backstage to Chad Gable before he's interrupted by Baron Corbin who tries to lift him up and tells him that the kings ransom is on the table if he's willing to take out Matt Riddle, Corbin then telling Chad to think about it before leaving.
- We get a recap of the bar fight between Jeff Hardy and Sheamus from last week in which Jeff was victorious before we see Jeff being praised by several Superstars, making his way from the back as we go to commercial.
- Jeff comes out to the ring and talks about how he hasn't felt as good as he does in a long time and how his feud with Sheamus reminded him how he'll never be finished fighting his demons. Jeff talks about how he's much more than just an alcoholic before he's interrupted by Corbin who says that he's tired of hearing Jeff whining about recovery before saying that his kingdom feels more like an insane asylum now. Corbin then talks about his match against Drew Gulak before Gulak attacks Corbin from behind as we go to commercial.
Baron Corbin vs Drew Gulak
Drew tries to take Corbin down with a straight armbar before wringing the arm of Corbin and sending him down onto the mat before hitting a jumping knee drop to his left arm. Corbin comes back with heavy punches and drops him with a right hand for two before driving his elbows into Drew's shoulders and locking in a chin bar. Drew gets to his feet and Corbin slams him down before locking in a single leg Boston crab that Drew counters into a yes lock before Corbin gets to the bottom rope for the break. They run the ropes before Drew hits several shotgun dropkicks and climbs to the top before hitting a diving clothesline and Corbin immediately comes back with Deep Six before Matt Riddle comes out to the stage and Drew nearly pins Corbin off of the distraction. Corbin then pins Drew with The End of Days for the win.
Winner: Baron Corbin defeats Drew Gulak via pinfall.
- Matt Riddle rushes the ring after the match and attacks Corbin before he's saved by Chad Gable and they leave together before we go to a graphic for Big-E versus The Miz up next as we go to commercial.
Big-E vs The Miz w/John Morrison
E backs Miz into the corner for a clean break before Miz rushes out of the corner and they lock up again for the same result and E starts dancing before Miz goes for a waist lock takedown and E tosses him off of him. E locks in an abdominal stretch before dropping Miz with a back elbow and Miz slaps him before E tosses Miz over the top rope and down onto the floor. E smashes Miz's face into the announce table and the ring post before backing Morrison down and sending Miz into the plexiglass before rolling him back into the ring. Morrison hits a flip off of the stairs that takes E out when the referee is checking on Miz before Miz hits a wrecking ball dropkick and a diving ax handle for two before locking in a rear chin lock that E elbows his way out of. E then clotheslines Miz down onto the apron before hitting him with clubbing blows and missing a jumping splash onto the apron as we go to commercial.
Miz is in control as we come back from the commercial until E drives him back into the corner when Miz locks in a rear chin lock and E tosses him off before Miz superkicks him for two. Miz punches E in mount before E comes back with a jumping splash and they counter each other's finishers before Miz rakes his eyes and hits a snap DDT for a near fall. Miz kicks E in the chest repeatedly before E catches him and Miz kicks out the knee of E before hitting running knee lifts in the corner until E hits a uranage for two. Miz knees E when he goes for a spear through the ropes before Morrison hits E with an enzuigiri when the referee is busy with Miz before Miz hits the Skull Crushing Finale for a near fall and immediately locks in a figure four. E then gets to the ropes for the break right before tapping before Morrison is ejected by the official and E rolls him up for a near fall before finishing with a stretch muffler for the tap and the win.
Winner: Big-E defeats The Miz via submission.
- Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura are enjoying themselves backstage before Lucha House Party show up and crash the party before Shin and Cesaro mock them and they leave.
- We then get graphics for the Women's Championship in tonight's main event where Bayley will defend her title against Nikki Cross before we get a graphic for Naomi versus Lacey Evans up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to a backstage promo by Sheamus who says that he is now the locker room's problem now that he's finished with Jeff Hardy.
Lacey Evans vs Naomi
Naomi kicks Lacey away before Lacey powerbombs her when she goes for a head scissors and hits a front suplex into a gator roll before bending Naomi around the post while kicking her in the back of the head. Naomi kicks Lacey before Lacey kicks her back and sends her face first into the post before Naomi hits a sunset flip onto the floor when she goes for a suicide dive into a destroyer before rolling her back into the ring for a near fall. Lacey then sends Naomi into the corner before Naomi dodges The Woman's Right and pins Lacey with a back slide.
Winner: Naomi defeats Lacey Evans via pinfall.
- We go backstage to Otis and Mandy Rose talking about their dinner reservations and leaving before we see Sonya Deville in the corner of the screen as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Sonya attacking Mandy backstage and laying her out before cutting her hair off with scissors. Mandy then prepares to shave Mandy's head before she's stopped by officials and we briefly go to Corey and Michael before going backstage once more where Miz and Morrison are interviewed. Miz and Morrison then make a bunch of hair related jokes before they're ran off by Heavy Machinery who come to check on Mandy.
- We get this week's Progressive Match Flo which recaps the past several weeks between Bayley and Nikki Cross leading up to Nikki's rematch against Bayley for the title after she defeated her best friend and tag partner Alexa Bliss to win a number one contender match.
Smackdown Women's Championship Match
Bayley (c) w/Sasha Banks vs Nikki Cross w/Alexa Bliss
Nikki rushes Bayley who dodges her before kicking her in the midsection and they run the ropes until Nikki lays into Bayley with forearms and punches her in mount in the corner. Nikki hits a basement dropkick into a monkey flip before sending her out of the ring and smashing her face into the apron before Bayley comes back momentarily and Nikki sends her into the post and out of the ring. Nikki then hits a diving cross body to the outside before posing on the announce table as we go to commercial.
We return to the action in the ring to Bayley in control, stomping Nikki in the corner before hitting a back suplex for two before Nikki comes back with a neckbreaker for two and throws Sasha's ring that she handed to Bayley at Sasha. Bayley snaps Nikki's neck across the top rope before mocking Nikki and dancing on the announce table like her before Nikki comes out and sweeps her before sending her into the plexiglass. Nikki sends Bayley back into the ring before Sasha tries to interfere and Alexa pulls her off of the apron before Nikki hits a diving cross body for a near fall and they exchange a series of pin attempts for more near falls. Bayley then pins Nikki with an arm trap headlock driver to retain her title.
Winner: Bayley retains her Smackdown Women's Championship by defeating Nikki Cross via pinfall.
- Alexa then tries to console Nikki after the match before shoving her down and leaving to the back crying and the lights go out before The Fiend is behind Alexa and applies the mandible claw until she's unconscious as we go off the air.
- From The Web