Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to tonight's coverage for Smackdown on FOX!
- We open tonight's show with backstage producer Adam Pearce and Mr.McMahon in his office where he tasks Adam with getting The Fiend, Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns to sign the contract for their title match at Payback this Sunday.
- Intercontinental champion Jeff Hardy comes out to the ring and talks about winning the title once more. Jeff starts to say that he's ready to defend his title before he's quickly interrupted by AJ Styles. AJ says that Jeff is a liar and a cheat and that he had him beat until Jeff hit him with his leg with the brace on it. AJ tells Jeff that he hasn't been cleared to compete tonight and that Jeff is taking advantage of the system. Jeff then drops AJ with a right hand as we go to commercial.
Intercontinental Championship Match
Jeff Hardy (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura
They wring each other's arms before Jeff locks on a side headlock and knocks Shin down with a shoulder block. Jeff hits a hip toss into an atomic drop and a snap mare into a blockbuster into an elbow drop for just a one count. Shin comes back with a basement dropkick to the injured leg of Jeff before focusing on the leg until Jeff dodges running knees in the corner. Jeff clotheslines Shin off of the apron and down onto the floor before hitting a wrecking ball dropkick through the ropes. Jeff then throws Shin into AJ at the announce table as we go to commercial.
We come back to Shin in control of Jeff on the mat, having him in a submission before Jeff gets back to his feet. Jeff comes back with a flurry of strikes before hitting a jumping splash for two and Shin comes back with a back suplex off of the top. Jeff hits a Whisper in the Wind before Shin hits a sliding German suplex and a diving knee for two. Jeff then dodges the Kinshasa before they counter each other until Jeff hits a Twist of Fate into a Swanton Bomb for the pin and the win.
Winner: Jeff Hardy retains his Intercontinental championship by defeating Shinsuke Nakamura via pinfall.
- Sami Zayn returns when Jeff is going up the ramp and calls Jeff a fraud before dropping him with a boot. Jeff then gets up and AJ is yelling at him as we go to commercial.
- We come back to a backstage interview with Sami Zayn where he says that he's a world traveler and is the rightful Intercontinental champion.
- We get tonight's edition of the Firefly Fun House where Bray talks about Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns ahead of their title challenge at Payback. Adam then shows up in a mailman uniform and convinces a reluctant Bray Wyatt to sign the contract on The Fiend's behalf.
- We get this week's Progressive Match Flo recapping Baron Corbin attacking Matt Riddle last week before Matt comes out to the ring and calls out Corbin as we go to commercial.
- Corbin comes out onto the ramp and says that he accepts a match before Chad Gable attacks him from behind and Corbin clarifies that he accepts a match on Chad's behalf.
Matt Riddle vs Chad Gable
Chad attacks Matt from behind before the match starts before taking mat down and hits a bridging suplex for two. Matt then lands on his feet and rocks Chad with a knee when he goes for another suplex and hits the Bro Derek for the pin and the win.
Winner: Matt Riddle defeats Chad Gable via pinfall.
- Corbin tries to attack Matt from behind after the match, but Matt is ready and lays into Corbin with strikes before sending him out of the ring.
- We're told about the return of Talking Smack last weekend where Miz got into an argument with Big-E. We then see earlier today where E and Heavy Machinery got into an altercation with The Miz, John Morrison and Sheamus earlier today to set up a six man later tonight.
- We come back to Bayley and Sasha coming out to the ring before Bayley tells Sasha that sometimes things don't go the way they planned. Bayley says that it's her fault Sasha lost to Asuka and that she should have known because Sasha has a history of losing the RAW Women's title. Bayley says that they can't lose their tag belts Sunday before Sasha tells her that they can get through anything as long as Bayley has her back. Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler then show up on the big screen and agree that they'll suffer teaming together to take the titles from Banks and Bayley.
- Adam is looking for Braun when he converses with Drew Gulak who abruptly leaves and goes around the corner with a chair. Drew hits Braun from behind, but he's un-phased and Drew gives Adam the chair before leaving. Braun then tells Adam he won't sign unless he gets Drew in the ring right now before Adam agrees and Braun leaves as we go to commercial.
- Sami Zayn walks in on Cesaro and Shinsuke having a discussion to a not so warm welcome before they make him leave.
Drew Gulak vs Braun Strowman
Braun runs over Drew before hitting a running splash in the corner into a running senton before beating Drew down with clubbing blows. Braun then chokeslams Drew before hitting a running power slam for the pin and the win.
Winner: Braun Strowman defeats Drew Gulak via pinfall.
- Braun signs the contract he said he'd sign if he got the match before leaving.
- Backstage Lucha House Party are talking backstage before Kalisto leaves and Lince and Metalik are attacked by Shin and Cesaro as we go to commercial.
Cesaro vs Kalisto
Cesaro immediately slams Kalisto to the mat before hitting a high back body drop and Kalisto counters a second one into a sunset flip for two. Cesaro kicks Kalisto and shoves him into the corner before rocking him with an uppercut and Kalisto comes back with a DDT for two. Kalisto hits a basement hurricanrana for two before Cesaro counters Salida del Sol and Shin distracts Kalisto. Cesaro then capitalizes on the distraction and rolls Kalisto up for the pin and the win.
Winner: Cesaro defeats Kalisto via pinfall.
- LHP argue after the match before they end up hugging and leaving.
- We go back to Adam with Vince who advises Adam to knock Roman's door down if he has to before Adam leaves to go back to Roman's locker room as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to Adam finally getting into Roman's locker room, but Roman doesn't sign the contract yet.
The Miz, John Morrison & Sheamus vs Big-E & Heavy Machinery
John and Otis start the match off with John using his speed against Otis, but his offense is blunted by the size of Otis. E and HM double up on John for two before John comes back with kicks and hits a double gut buster with Miz to Tucker. M&M chain together tags and offense for two before Tucker comes back and everyone is confused when Sheamus rings the bell when he can't get into the match as we go to commercial.
We come back to John in control of Tucker, John deliberately ignoring tags by Sheamus and tagging in Miz. Tucker back suplexes Miz and Miz tags John back in who beats on Tucker in mount. John wrenches the neck of Tucker before Miz comes back in and Sheamus is now visibly upset. Otis and E break up a pin by John before Sheamus tags himself in, but the referee doesn't see it. Tucker sends John into Sheamus and knocks him off of the apron before Sheamus becomes enraged.
Sheamus takes the top off of the announce table and goes to punch Miz who runs off before Sheamus leaves to the back. E hits a series of belly to belly suplexes before hitting a running splash and Miz snaps his neck across the top rope. E hits Miz with a uranage for a near fall that John breaks up with a springboard stomp. Otis then hits a Caterpillar on John before Miz rolls out of the way and Miz hits Otis with the Skull Crushing Finale only for E to hit Miz with the Big Ending for the pin and the win.
Winner: Big-E and Heavy Machinery defeat The Miz, John Morrison and Sheamus via pinfall.
- We end the show where Roman signs the contract and the camera pans to see that he's now aligned with Paul Heyman as we go off the air.