Good evening Fight Fans and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX! Be sure to stick around after the show for the post-show podcast and check out Fightful Select for exclusive content, breaking news and more!
- We open tonight's show with a recap of the swamp match between Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman before we go to a recap of Alexa Bliss being attacked by The Fiend at the end of last week's show. We next go to this week's edition of the Firefly Fun House where Bray talks about The Fiend attacking Alexa before blaming it on Braun for not protecting her.
- We open in the performance center with our opening match between Matt Riddle and Sheamus.
Matt Riddle vs Sheamus
Matt jumps on the back of Sheamus for a clean break before Sheamus takes him down with a side headlock takeover before Matt gets back to his feet and kicks Sheamus in the legs. Matt backs Sheamus into the ropes for a clean break before Sheamus wrings his arm and sends him down onto the mat before stomping on it and locking in a straight armbar with a chin bar. Matt takes Sheamus down with an armbar of his own before sending him out onto the apron and Sheamus hits a rope assisted back stabber before clubbing him across the chest. Sheamus goes up top before Matt jumps up and hits a jumping forearm that knocks Sheamus off of the top turnbuckle and down onto the floor as we go to commercial.
We come back to Sheamus hitting several backbreakers for two before Matt comes back with an enzuigiri into a Pele kick and a suplex into a PK and a running senton for two. Sheamus comes back out of nowhere with White Noise for a near fall before Matt dodges a Brogue Kick and hits a bridging German suplex for two. Sheamus rolls Matt up for two before hitting a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and misses a spear into the post before falling out of the ring and Matt kicks him at ringside before Sheamus drops him. Chad Gable then rushes down the ramp and attacks Matt for the disqualification.
Winner: Matt Riddle defeats Sheamus via disqualification
- Matt takes out Chad after the match as Sheamus looks on from inside the ring before rolling Chad into the ring and hitting him with a Brogue Kick for costing him the match. Sheamus then gets on the mic and screams at Chad before hitting him with a second Brogue Kick.
- We get a graphic for The Fiend who will be in the PC later tonight before we get a graphic for tonight's edition of The Dirt Sheet up next as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to Sheamus walking up on Baron Corbin backstage and blaming him for Chad interfering in his match before Corbin threatens him and leaves.
- The Miz and John Morrison are in the ring for tonight's edition of The Dirt Sheet before introducing special guest Sonya Deville to interview her about her attack on Mandy Rose last week. John and Miz interview a puppet of Mandy's hair before Sonya comes out to the ring and talks about why she nearly shaved Mandy bald last week when she attacked her. Sonya says that it was no big deal that she attacked Mandy and that she has lost all respect for Mandy before saying that Mandy is physically and emotionally weak. The Miz, Morrison and Deville then begin to start insulting Heavy Machinery and Mandy before HM rush the ring and clear it as we go to commercial.
Cesaro w/Shinsuke Nakamura vs Lince Dorado w/Gran Metalik
Lince uses his speed against Cesaro until he gets a hold of him and hits a backbreaker before clotheslining him and Lince hits a head scissors that sends Cesaro out of the ring. Cesaro catches Lince when he goes for a tope before hitting another head scissors that sends Cesaro into the apron and hits a sunset flip once they're back in the ring for two. Cesaro comes back with a backbreaker and forearms Lince in the back before locking in a chin bar and clubbing Lince in the chest before hitting an elbow drop for two. Lince then comes back with a jawbreaker before hitting the Golden Rewind into a pair of moonsaults before Cesaro goes for a razors edge and Lince counters before Cesaro hits the Neutralizer for the pin and the win.
Winner: Cesaro defeats Lince Dorado via pinfall.
- Heavy Machinery versus The Miz Morrison is announced for later tonight before we go to a backstage interview with an infuriated Otis who says that they won't be laughing once he and Tucker are done with them as we go to commercial.
- We come back to The Fiend in the ring with Alexa Bliss before he goes to attack her and she stops him, Braun showing up on the big screen and saying that he doesn't give a damn about Alex and that he only cares about the Universal Championship. Braun then says that he's a monster and that Bray will get what he wants at Summerslam as we go back to commercial.
Jeff Hardy vs Baron Corbin
Jeff knocks Baron down repeatedly before hitting a leg dropkick into a basement dropkick and a jumping splash for two. Corbin counters a Twist of Fate and clotheslines Jeff before sending him out of the ring. Corbin beats on Jeff and sends him back into the ring for two before elbowing Jeff in the shoulders and locking in a rear chin lock. Jeff comes back with a baseball slide and beats on Corbin against the plexiglass before Corbin hits a Deep Six once they're back in the ring for two. Corbin sends Jeff out of the ring with a knee lift before Sheamus comes out of nowhere and boots Jeff for the disqualification.
Winner: Jeff Hardy defeats Baron Corbin via disqualification.
- After the match Corbin gets out of the ring and officials have to come down to separate Sheamus and Baron as we go to commercial.
Sheamus vs Baron Corbin
Sheamus and Baron go at it before Corbin goes out of the ring to escape and prevents Sheamus from tying him in the ropes before Baron drops Sheamus with a clothesline at ringside. Sheamus beats Corbin around ringside and smashes his face into the announce table before sending him face first into the post and rolling him back into the ring. Corbin dodges Sheamus coming off of the top and hits a side slam before two before beating on Sheamus in mount and taking him down with a straight armbar with a chin bar. Sheamus then powers his way up only to be taken right back down before Matt Riddle springboards in to distract Corbin and Sheamus hits him with a Brogue Kick for the pin and the win.
Winner: Sheamus defeats Baron Corbin via pinfall.
- Bayley is backstage before Sasha joins her and they talk before they're informed by personnel who says that Stephanie McMahon wants them in the ring for a video conference as we go to commercial.
- We come back to a backstage interview with Big-E who says that the support of the WWE Universe, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods lift him up.
- We go to Sasha and Bayley in the ring where they're informed by Stephanie via video conference that Sasha will defend her title at Summerslam and Bayley will defend her title against the winner of a three branded battle royal that will happen next week.
The Miz & John Morrison vs Heavy Machinery
Tucker and John kick things off for their respective teams with Tucker taking John down to the mat before John comes back with kicks only for Tucker to rock him with a right hand. Miz and Otis then come in and HM double up on Miz before he rolls out of the ring and Tucker hits a cannonball off of the apron as we go to commercial.
We come back to M&M double teaming Tucker before Miz hits a DDT for two and John cheap shots Tucker from the apron before Tucker knocks John off of the apron and gets the tag to Otis. Otis runs over both John and Miz before hitting a running splash in the corner to John into the Caterpillar for a near fall that Miz breaks up. Otis sends John into the plexiglass before chasing Miz around ringside and Miz sends Otis into the steps before Mandy comes out of nowhere and they brawl at ringside and into the ring before the referee calls for the bell.
Winner: No Contest
- HM and M&M try to keep Mandy and Sonya separated before Sonya spears Mandy and beats on her in mount before HM help her out of the ring as we go to commercial.
- Backstage everyone is still arguing before the lights go out and masked bandits come out and attack the announcers and production crew before attacking the ring with baseball bats and attacking the crowd beyond the plexiglass. The group then vandalize the ring and ringside as we go off the air.