Here’s your fight size update for Monday, July 12, 2021:
- According to a report from Mike Johnson of PWInsider, WWE has dropped the RETRIBUTION names for Mia Yim (formerly RECKONING) and Shane Thorne (SLAPJACK) and as of now, they will be using their previous ring names.
- John Pollock of POST Wrestling reports that Chris Hero was backstage at ROH Best in the World 2021 and reportedly agented during the event. ROH COO Joe Koff gave the following response regarding Hero’s presence at the pay-per-view and potential agenting role with the promotion:
Chris was there and is always home at Ring of Honor.
So Cameo and the WWE are getting in the ring together to get you up close and virtual with personalized videos from these WWE Superstars.
From July 12th to July 19th, WWE Superstars like Alexa Bliss, Kofi Kingston, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley are completing Cameos for the first 10 requests. So don’t waste any time and request today! Don’t forget Money in the Bank is LIVE on Peacock in the US and WWE Network elsewhere on Sunday, July 18th!
- John Canton shared a photo of the WWE production trucks arriving in Houston to prepare for the first Smackdown on the road since the pandemic:
The #WWE trucks in Houston getting ready for #Smackdown on Friday. That's the first WWE show back on the road again. Thanks to my buddy @jeremybarcel0 for the photo from last night. pic.twitter.com/cBVdUvvfgl— John Canton (@johnreport) July 12, 2021
- Peacock is assuring fans that they will receive all of the previous content WWE Network used to have before SummerSlam commences in August.
Hi! We will continually add WWE Network content to the library, making the entire WWE Network archive—including every WWE, WCW, and ECW PPV event in history—available to stream before SummerSlam! If you have any further questions about specific content please feel free to DM us.— PeacockTVCare (@PeacockTVCare) July 12, 2021
- Tickets will go on sale for our IMPACT tapings in Nashville on August 15, 16, and 17 THIS FRIDAY at 10 am ET!
BREAKING: Tickets will go on-sale for our IMPACT tapings in Nashville on August 15th, 16th and 17th THIS FRIDAY at 10am ET! pic.twitter.com/9zdAQspubh— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) July 12, 2021
"His personal life is his personal life. As a talent, he was incredible," Dain said. "He had this incredible look, this incredible intensity, like, him and I had a lot of fun wrestling each other, actually. One of the worst parts, the first time we wrestled each other, was on TV. We didn't do anything on house shows, so we literally really had no feeling for each other, and it went way better than I expected because he was very new, and it was probably the first time he was wrestling somebody who was at kind of his height and weight."
- This week's WWE release schedule on Peacock:
This Week’s Schedule
** = available on the Free Version of WWE Network
Monday, July 12
Raw Talk** – 11:05 p.m. ET
Tuesday, July 13
The Best of WWE: Money in the Bank: Part 2**
Wednesday, July 14
Monday Night Raw (6/14/21)**
WWE’s The Bump: Edge** – 10 a.m. ET
WWE NXT (7/13/21)
Thursday, July 15
This Week in WWE
Friday, July 16
205 Live – 10 p.m. ET
Saturday, July 17
WWE Main Event (6/24/21)
ICW Fight Club 180
PROGRESS Wrestling Chapter 115
Sunday, July 18
Friday Night SmackDown (6/18/21)**
La Previa: Money in the Bank**
The Ultimate Show: Money in the Bank**
Broken Skull Sessions: Kevin Nash
WWE’s The Bump** – 2 p.m. ET
Money in the Bank 2021 Kickoff** – 7 p.m. ET
Money in the Bank 2021 – 8 p.m. ET
- Today, WWE stock closed at $55.90
- Money in the Bank Ladder Match wins - WWE Top 10.
- After selling out all available seats for their 9/11 return to Dallas, Texas, Major League Wrestling has released additional tickets for the event at MLWTickets.com.
- WWE Shop has a Lilly plush doll, a new Alexa Bliss poster, and a Drew McIntyre Wrekkin Slamcycle action figure available.
- PWInsider reports that a number of talents who had been booked were told they would not be needed and that WWE is reducing the number of planned outside talents for TV.
- Sami Zayn has only one request for his birthday:
It’s my birthday. My goal for today is to raise $10k for the #SamiForSyria mobile clinic.— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) July 12, 2021
If you’d like to do something nice for me today, please go to https://t.co/t4RdChDwIW & donate if you can. If not, please RT & spread the word.
Thanks, I love you all. pic.twitter.com/Z0sT7s8aTT
- Relive “Mr. Wonderful’s” WrestleMania I performance with “Rowdy” Roddy Piper
- In a recent interview on The Wrestling Inc. Daily, Arturo Ruas discussed the initial plans for RAW Underground.
- “I, like you, knew of this stuff as they are happening. I heard that they were bringing up a show that is going to have some street fight vibes. They were bringing people in with legit backgrounds to have a different layout of a match. They took down the ropes and they said to bring some street clothes to wear and to have street vibes, and I already got it. So when I came to RAW and I saw it, I was like, okay, I got it. It’ll be kind of real and all the matches were short and the interactions were real, you had to 100%. That was RAW Underground. RAW Underground was totally different than what we see in pro wrestling matches. I had so much fun doing it, and I had the opportunity to talk with a lot of people and that was very good to be there. I had so much fun on the show. It was supposed to be non-stop, running all the time, but the pandemic sucks, and the pandemic changed the lives of millions of people. So RAW Underground died because of the pandemic.”
- - Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- 4 things you need to know for tonight’s Raw: WWE Now, July 12, 2021