Here is your post-IMPACT Wrestling fight size update for Thursday, May 27, 2021.
- Sami Callihan opened IMPACT by saying that Don Callis and Kenny Omega fear him because he brings something to the table that cannot be planned for. Moose then came to the ring and was followed shortly thereafter by The Good Brothers. Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson said that Sami needs to stop complaining about losing the Number One Contenders Match (even though they were the ones who attacked him during it) and that they side with Moose. Gallows proceeded to put his arm around Moose's shoulder, but the big man doesn't stand with them. He and Sami then attacked The Good Brothers and sent them to the back.
Don Callis announced that Gallows and Anderson would face Moose and Callihan in a tag team match later in the show.
In a rare instance of @TheDonCallis throwing around his EVP authority, he's made @TheMooseNation and @TheSamiCallihan vs. @MachineGunKA and @The_BigLG in our MAIN EVENT. #IMPACTonAXSTV pic.twitter.com/umx1j6xiI4— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) May 28, 2021
- Josh Matthews was back on commentary this week as Matt Striker was busy with outside commitments. Per PWInsider, he will miss several episodes of the weekly show.
- TJP and Fallah Bahh defeated Josh Alexander and Petey Williams. TJP pinned the X Division Champion after hitting the Mamba Splash. Later in the night, it was announced that TJP will challenge for Josh Alexander's title next week on BTI in the promotion's first-ever 60-Minute Iron Man Match. The conclusion of the bout will spill over into the beginning of IMPACT.
Per IMPACT: "Before Josh Alexander and TJP tear the house down on BTI, they will be special guests on the return of IMPACT Wrestling Press Pass!
Streaming live on Facebook and hosted by IMPACT Hall of Famer Gail Kim, members of the press will have their opportunity to ask questions directly of the champion and challenger just two days before this monumental contest!"
- W. Morrissey sat down with Gia Miller and talked about how everyone in the wrestling industry turned their backs on him during his lowest moment and only reached out to him once he returned. He believes that they are all phonies. He was then attacked by Rich Swann, who was on the opposite end of a Morrissey attack last week.
- With Taylor Wilde nowhere to be found, Rachael Ellering brought Jordynee Grace on to be the 5th member of their team. Grace is not happy about being a substitute. Tensions and separation continued to be teased when she came to the ring alone.
.@RealTaylorWilde is nowhere to be found but @JordynneGrace is ready to take her place in the 10 Knockouts Tag. #IMPACTonAXSTV @TenilleDashwood @kalebKonley @WeAreRosemary @FearHavok @RachaelEllering pic.twitter.com/QAnkbos7ED— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) May 28, 2021
- In the 10-Knockouts Tag Match, Rosemary won the match for her team by pinning Deonna Purrazzo. It was later announced that she will challenge The Virtuosa for her Knockouts Championship at Against All Odds on June 12.
- Rohit Raju will face Jake Something next week in a Tables Match. The video below details their friendship and growing frustrations with each other.
- As Eric Young was acknowledging all of his Violent By Design members, NJPW's Satoshi Kojima interrupted and came face to face with Joe Doering and said "Against All Odds." The challenge was later accepted. This will be the first time the two men have faced off in over a decade since Kojima defeated Doering to retain his All Japan Triple Crown Championship.
- According to IMPACT's Dr. Ross, Matt Cardona will be out of action for about 12 weeks with a fractured orbital bone. The injury was sustained last week after an attack by Brian Myers.
Myers was interrupted backstage by Sam Beale, but rather than losing his cool, The Most Professional Wrestler decided to take Beale under his wing and is going to teach him how to be a professional, also.
- Decay's Crazzy Steve and Black Taurus defeated Hernandez and Johnny Swinger in Tag Team action.
- Moose and Sami Callihan were not able to co-exist in the main event. The Good Brothers would pick up the win with a Magic Killer after Moose booted Callihan in the face.
For a more detailed rundown of tonight's IMPACT Wrestling, check out Fightful's live coverage of the show.