Here is your fight size update for Tuesday, August 10, 2021:
"He's Conor McGregor. The guy puts bu**s in seats. The guy has a mouth on him. I don't know if he would pass the PG WWE code. But I guess he could do his best. At the end of the day, it's like Jake Paul or any of them...I don't know how they're doing it but they get people talking, they're controversial, they make money with fights and drama."
- On Twitter recently, the term “Black John Cena” was trending. This stems from Brendan Cobbina, the owner of OmegaMuscles in England, posting a throwback photo of himself on Twitter which would lead to people referring to him as the black John Cena. John Cena paid homage to this man by posting his picture on his Instagram. R-Truth had another idea:
- In a last-minute change to tonight's episode of NXT, Ember Moon is no longer facing Sarray. Ember will be replaced by Dakota Kai in the opening match of tonight's episode:
Dakota Kai has her sights set on the NXT Women’s Title but will first turn her attention to Sarray in a matchup that will open tonight’s NXT.
Kai was originally slated to face Ember Moon, but Moon was declared unable to compete by the NXT Medical Staff earlier today.
On Monday, it was announced that Kai would battle her former friend Raquel Gonzalez at NXT TakeOver 36. Now the devious Superstar will take on the rising Warrior of the Sun, who impressed in her most recent victory over Gigi Dolin.
Don’t miss the showdown this Tuesday at 8/7 C on USA Network!
In a broadcast faux pas, NWA scheduled tonight's episode of Powerrrr to go live tomorrow instead. Tonight's episode is supposed to feature the end of the Champions Series.
Straight up the middle. pic.twitter.com/p1yv8u5bFb— ‘Point God’ Jeremy Lambert (@jeremylambert88) August 10, 2021
- Speaking with Bill Pritchard of WrestleZone, Paul Wight spoke about his role in the Netflix animated series, Fast & Furious: Spy Racers, and teased his character potentially turning babyface, mimicking all the years that Paul has spent jumping back and forth between good guy and bad guy in the world of pro wrestling.
“What? Me having a turn? No! Never!” [laughs] “What’s great is this character actually got a chance to grow a lot. Originally, Palindrome was a very driven character, one-goal oriented, getting the bad guys and putting them back in jail. That’s what he does and that’s him, and he went [from that] to expanding and finding the family environment. Spy Racers, just like the main franchise is driven by family,” Wight explained, “and I think Palindrome found a lot [of that belief] in the kids in the Spy Racers world like Tony Torretto [the main character in Spy Racers and Dom Torretto’s cousin] and being a mentor for them.
“Also, he’s developing a little bit of a thing with Ms. Nowhere, so that’s interesting for Palindrome, who’s very set in his ways in doing things. I think Ms. Nowhere really drives him insane because she really changes everything at the drop of a dime. She’s smart and very good at what she does, so she really keeps Palindrome on his toes and that’s been a great character arc for him,” Wight said, “to become more dimensional in the mentor role and having a bit of a crush on Ms. Nowhere. It’s been fun to explore that.”
- Watch: John Cena & Pete Davidson Test Workout Gadgets WIRED
- FITE issued the following:
FITE Now Available to Shaw TV Customers
Premium global Pay Per View sports and entertainment platform launches for Shaw TV customers across Western Canada
New York, August 10, 2021 – FITE, the premier global platform for sports and entertainment, announced today that its over-the-top (OTT) FITE App is now available to all Shaw TV IPTV customers across Western Canada. The FITE app offers a wide array of premium Pay Per View events, SVOD package options and free programming for Shaw TV customers to enjoy —including the linear channel, FITE 24/7. Louis Lewow, FITE’s VP, Distribution remarked, “Canada is a major market for our content, and through our partnership with Shaw, we’re making a compelling lineup of programming available to even more viewers across the country. FITE offers more than 1,000 events a year, so there’s a lot of exciting new content coming to Shaw TV customers.”This year promises to be the biggest yet, with major global PPV events coming soon through the FITE app. Enjoy the inaugural TrillerVerz event for free which featured live boxing and Verzuz musical artists from Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theater. Upcoming FITE Pay Per View events include Celebrity Net Fight featuring Big Brother stars from the US and Canadian casts, NWA Empowerr and NWA 73 events on Aug. 28 + 29, AEW All Out 2021 on Sept. 5 th and Triller’s Oscar de la Hoya vs. Vitor Belfort boxing event on Sept. 11th, just to name a few. “We know Canadians are looking to access as much of their favorite content as possible, and by adding the FITE App to our growing library of content, we’re offering access to thousands of premium titles for our customers to enjoy,” said Andrew Eddy, Vice-President, Programming, Shaw.
FITE, a global company headquartered in New York, offers PPV programs from Top Rank, PBC, AEW, NWA, BKFC, and is the digital home of all Triller Fight Club events such as Tyson vs. Jones, the biggest PPV event of 2020. FITE kicked off 2021 with recent shows from Impact Wrestling, Top Rank, BKFC, PBC, and TFC’s “Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren.” More information about Shaw TV packages and pricing can be found at shaw.ca/tv.
- Speaking with Sportskeeda, Ricardo Rodriguez reflected on when Alberto Del Rio was the holder of the WWE Money in the Bank briefcase, saying that he would take the briefcase home sometimes.
"Oh man, you're making me feel old", said Rodriguez. "That was amazing because that started a lot of stuff. There were a lot of times when I'd take the briefcase home. Either he didn't want to carry it or he'd say just bring it to the house shows."
- WWE stock is back over $50 today. When the market closed, WWE stock was trading at $50.24 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Check out the latest Sammy Guevara Vlog: