The supposed Hollywood heat between Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and Vin Diesel seems far from finished as it's now being reported that the two will be kept apart on the press tour for the upcoming 'Fate of the Furious' movie. The Hollywood Reporter pointed to the fact that Rock is the only member of the movie's cast that won't be appearing at the promotional event taking place at CinemaCon today.
In fairness, Johnson is currently filming 'Ballers' but that didn't stop him from making appearances on both Monday and Tuesday for 'Baywatch' and 'Jumanji' respectively. The original Hollywood Reporter story says that sources told them that Rock and Diesel were being kept away from one another "as much as possible" in the press tour leading up to the April 14th release of the latest picture in the Fast and Furious franchise.
Universal is unsurprisingly downplaying the supposed beef, saying that the two stars have simply been on different continents throughout the tour. This comes after they promised last Summer that the pair's issues would have no effect on the movie's promotion. Though this particular reasoning sounds reasonable enough, sources close to the situation claim that the CinemaCon scheduling could have easily been accommodated.
This whole celebrity feud began when Rock and Diesel were filming together last year and Diesel supposedly arrived late on multiple occasions. Frustrated, Rock did what any self respecting superstar would do and headed over to his Instagram for a lengthy post. The post of course wouldn't include Diesel by name but the story quickly exploded and eventually led to a 'heated exchange' between the two.
Regardless of the heat though, both Rock and Diesel are contractually obligated to appear at the New York City premiere on April 8th so perhaps the next chapter of this riveting conflict will have to wait slightly.
- From The Web