Here is your fight size update for Friday, January 7, 2022:
- The Rock revealed on Instagram that 'Black Adam is at the VFX phase of production:
Very long work day, but very productive for our VFX production of BLACK ADAM
10 hours of sitting in “the egg” shooting extremely complicated sequences where I can only move my eyes, head & shoulders focusing on marks no bigger than a quarter - all while performing as #BlackAdam.
In the mythology, TETH ADAM (his original name before his soul is darkened to BLACK), starts off as a slave in his birthplace of Kahndaq.
These slave sequences are super intricate and complex.
Requires a real TEAM EFFORT to get the job done.
A huge THANK YOU to/
our director, Jaume Collet Serra.
our Black Adam VFX Supervisor, and two time Oscar winner, Bill Westenhofer.
our entire A+ post production crew
and the brilliant LOLA Visual Effects Team.
Thank you all for your time and incredible talents and I can’t wait for the world to finally see THE MAN IN BLACK
- The Briscoes have reacted to being featured on ESPN SportsCenter:
- HBO released a "Story So Far" video for new viewers to learn about Peacemaker's story prior to the series kicking off on 1/13 on HBO Max.
- JONAH revealed his IMPACT World Title hopes while speaking to WrestleZone:
“I 100 percent want to be World Champion for IMPACT Wrestling. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wanna be World Champion and you’d be lying if you said you didn’t want to be a champion, you always wanna be THE guy. I do want to wrestle Moose again, whether he’s champion after Hard To Kill or not. We had that match for PPW [December 2020’s PPW Open Season] and it ended in a double count-out, so there’s no definitive winner and we need a definitive winner with that match. There’s some of me being the immovable object and him being the unstoppable force, so it makes for a great matchup.”
- Josh Alexander revealed he's rooting for Matt Cardona at Hard To Kill in an interview with Sportskeeda:
"There's always going to be a babyface that the crowd wants to get behind and root for and especially going up in a match against two giants like Moose, you know it's no secret that people do not like him, which is his job, and Morrissey as well. Cardona has got the deck stacked against them, as they would like to say, and people like to see the good guy come out on top. Everybody likes to root for the underdog, including myself," said Josh Alexander.
"I hope Cardona can do it, and when I get my revenge on Moose, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when it does happen, I hope that he's good enough to retain that IMPACT world championship because it would be that much sweeter to defeat him for that championship, not just defeat him and put an egg on his face but if Matt Cardona can squeeze it out, certainly he's got everything it takes to be a world champion, and whether or not he got to show that in other companies, he's showing it here in IMPACT Wrestling, so I'll be rooting for him as well."
- Major Pod Network: Broski Quits GCW!
- No clue what’s in this besides maybe rare walking dead book - Danhausen unboxing
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- When the stock market closed today, WWE stock was trading at $50.02 per share.