Here is your fight size update for Saturday, June 19, 2021.
- Last week Sasha Banks visited Universal Studios Orlando and WWE has shared a clip of her riding the Jurassic World VelociCoaster.
- Shinsuke Nakamura appeared on the newest episode of Talking Smack and said that he tried to bring his Crown to the beach with him - surfing - but it was too dangerous.
- Dominic Garrini announced online that he will be off of shows for at least the next month as he recovers from an injury.
- The Bunny was a guest on a recent episode of AEW's Unrestricted podcast and talked about the inspiration for her character.
“The Bunny is kind of a combination of a lot of different things. I love horror movies. It’s my favorite genre, and I like to draw things out of characters that I’ve seen and kind of take little pieces of that. One of my inspirations for The Bunny is a character from House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil’s Rejects. There’s a character called Baby, so I drew a little inspiration from her. I drew some inspiration from another TV show that I love called The Vampire Diaries. There’s a character named Katherine. She’s a very interesting character. I took some from that. The movie The Strangers, I took some from that, but then also, I took a lot, believe it or not, from my own experience in my own life. I kind of took all of that and threw it into The Bunny because when you’re a character, there has to be some authenticity there. There has to be some real life there or it’s going to come across as completely fake. So, I feel you have to draw from your own experiences a little bit, even if those are amplified, even if those are over the top, to make your character work. So, I draw a lot from real life into The Bunny.”
h/t 411 Mania for the transcription.
- Ahead of their showdown at WWE Hell in a Cell, Sami Zayn warns Kevin Owens that he believes his old friend is going to get what’s coming to him.
- Get set for WWE Hell in a Cell with a loaded Sunday slate of WWE programming. Check out the full lineup here.
- It was 19 years ago today that TNA Wrestling held its first-ever show. IMPACT has released the whole event to watch on their YouTube Channel.
Wow congrats! 19 years and counting …… https://t.co/fflp1cghhy— Gail Kim-Irvine (@gailkimITSME) June 19, 2021
- Appearing on Busted Open Radio, The Acclaimed's Anthony Bowens commented on the inclusivity of AEW's locker room.
“Yes. When I first did Dark back in October, outside of me enjoying the product in general, I enjoyed how inclusive the locker room was. I saw Sonny walking around, Nyla walking around. They were just being themselves. Everyone was laughing and chatting and there just wasn’t this pressure on you to hide. You were just free to be yourself. And that was one of the things I loved the most and made me want to be there anymore. I like that they don’t force anything, they just allow you to be you. Sonny is just Sonny, Nyla is just Nyla, I’m just myself and I think that’s the way it should be. There’s no kind of disingenuous forcing of any kind of issue down people’s throats or anything like that. It’s just natural, and that’s what I appreciate most about I guess the scenario.”
h/t Wrestling Inc. for the transcription.
- The newest WWE Top 10 takes you back to this week’s Friday Night SmackDown to revisit the show’s most thrilling, physical and controversial moments.
- Charlotte Flair, Bobby Lashley, Jimmy Uso, and Jimmy Smith have all been announced as guests for tomorrow's Hell In A Cell edition of The Bump.
- Check out episode 9 of Pat McAfee's Mr. Friday Night vlog.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select for exclusive news, podcasts, and features.