Scott Norton says NWO is still "worldwide."
From 1996 to 1999, Scott Norton was a member of World Championship Wrestling's stable New World Order. He left WCW before it was purchased by WWE and spent the next several years wrestling in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Before he went to Japan full time, NWO had already been established as a stable over there. In an interview with Bill Apter, Norton said Japanese fans still love NWO nearly twenty years later.
"For me, The NWO was worldwide. Here in the states, it was amazing. Monday Nitros, Thursday Thunders, you couldn't even imagine the feeling it was. But we took the NWO to Japan. I just did a show for Inoki two weeks ago, there was well over a thousand NWO shirts in the crowd," said Norton. "I'm going 'this thing will never go away.' It's unbelievable," he added.
Norton credited former president of WCW Eric Bischoff for the success of NWO.
"Everyone who had a chance to be in NWO, their career is better for it. Eric (Bischoff) did an unbelievable job with the NWO. He brought it to Japan and it was a super successful program," said Norton.
The fifty-six-year-old Norton has been wrestling for nearly three decades. During the interview, he said he had retired due to injury but New Japan Pro Wrestling asked him to wrestle at the Tokyo Dome recently. Now, Norton is wrestling semi-regularly in Japan and independent promotions in the United States. Also during the interview, Norton discussed his time in Japan and how he remembers wrestling there in the 1990s. The interview can be seen below.
The interview was uploaded via Bill Apter's YouTube channel.