- Kevin Owens is in the dark-lit ring in a suit, and cuts a fantastic promo on Goldberg.
- Kevin Owens bragging that his cardio is better than Goldberg's is both hilarious and accurate.
- KO says that Goldberg likes to scream "you're next," but tells Goldberg "you're nothing" and refuses to address Chris Jericho.
- That promo was something special. From production to delivery to writing. It was incredible.
Top contender's match
Enzo and Cass defeat Sheamus and Cesaro
- For all the in-ring faults Enzo has, he and Cass have some nice tandem offense that fits them.
- Cesaro kills Enzo with a really pretty ringside running uppercut.
- For all the losses Enzo and Cass have, it's been consistent with their booking. They've never been a great team, just great personalities. This was a big one for them.
- Big Cass has a few moves established now. Big Elbow, East River Crossing, Big Boot.
- Sheamus attacks Enzo after with a stiff Brogue Kick. Some "thank you Sheamus" chants.
- Cancel New Day hosting Mania. Heel Enzo/Cass vs. Face New Day
- Kevin Owens has a nice little interaction with Mick Foley that helps further this awesome situation.
- Roman Reigns is in the back with a man bun. Now just get him new music and gear. He's going to find a partner to face Gallows and Anderson tonight.
- Gallows and Anderson have GREAT shirts.
- Tozawa and Brian Kendrick were supposed to have a match, which I suspected was a little too big for Raw, but Kendrick attacked Tozawa and applied the Captain's Hook.
- WWE showed a great George Steele video that featured Kevin Hart and David Arquette sharing memories.
- Sami Zayn cuts a good promo about how he called the KO/Jericho split five months ago, because he knows Kevin Owens.
- Stephanie McMahon is backstage running down Mick Foley, who says Rollins is on the shelf for another WrestleMania. Foley is standing up for himself.
Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows defeated Roman Reigns via DQ
- Didn't Foley tell Reigns to find a partner? Did I miss him saying "The Big Dog rummages through trash cans on his lonely" or something?
- Anderson and Gallows put a clubberin' on Reigns and stop for some reason.
- Reigns cracks Gallows with a chair and he gets DQ'd.
- I don't see any problem with how the two handicap matches have played out, honestly.
- Anderson comes off the top and gets hit with an all-time great spear. Go watch this if you haven't.
New Day (w/ Xavier Woods) defeated Rusev & Jinder Mahal (w/ Lana)
- New Day's promo went way, way, way too long. Lana has their ice cream plans, and Big E speculates that she hacked them because she's a Russian.
- They're making light of Jinder's insane physique.
- Xavier steals Lana's ipad and destroys it. Kind of cute.
- Kofi does a "fuck it, I'm not wrestling at Mania anyway" dive to the outside. New Day win. That was fun.
- Austin Aries is good, per usual.
- This really showcased Jack Gallagher's personality, and the stark contrast to that of Neville.
- Gallagher cuts a nice promo, Neville gets pissed and turns the table over. The two have a good, quick brawl and Gallagher threatens with an Umbrella. Pretty good segment.
Nia Jax kills a jobber
- Self explanatory. Sure, why not?
- Stop having heels re-ask the question they were just asked.
- Byron Saxton makes me hate Bayley. And I really like Bayley.
- Bayley is really natural here, talking about stuff she actually cares about and relates to.
- I almost wondered if Bayley would do the noble thing and give up her title.
- Stephanie McMahon interrupts, and for some reason hates Bayley. Sasha joins too.
- Stephanie is good here. Whoever wrote for Sasha is not.
- Charlotte joins, too. This ends up being a pretty good segment. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte is up next! Nice!
Sasha Banks defeated Charlotte
- Charlotte landed a sick knee drop smash to Sasha. I loved that move.
- These two have great chemistry. Water is wet.
- Dana Brooke tries to run in, but gets hilariously laid out by Bayley.
- Sasha Banks gets the submission win. Normally I'd have a problem with all the 50/50 booking, but that's literally the story of the division.
Kevin Owens defeated Sami Zayn
- Kevin Owens was supposed to face Sami Zayn, but Samoa Joe attacked him. Owens looked on and laughed, and I'm very interested in this Triple H-led stable.
- Sami Zayn sells Owens' corner clotheslines like a GOD.
- Owens wins a quick, dominant match because Zayn insisted the match happened.
- Would have liked to see Owens steal a Goldberg move.
Brock Lesnar interview
- Lesnar is interviewed in a backstage setting, which is probably best for him.
- Heyman is talking, then Lesnar steals Cole's chair, turns it around, and stares into the camera. Elliot Stabler style.
- Basically Lesnar wants Goldberg to win at WWE Fastlane
Braun Strowman defeated Big Show
- Pretty nice to see Big Show getting "this is awesome" chants for a face off a year after getting "please retire" chants.
- Big Show is in insane shape!
- Braun Strowman does a kip up and the crowd goes nuts.
- Now you have to add a DDT to Braun Strowman's WWE 2K17 move set.
- Big Show out there making Strowman look like a million bucks bumping for him.
- They tease a ring break spot, but Strowman gets caught with a KO punch. He kicks out!!
- Big Show kicks out of the powerslam!!!! It's REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
- Strowman hits another and wins!
- Reigns is a real dick, attacking Strowman after that match.
- Strowman dropkicks the living shit out of Reigns!!
- I thought this was a really fun show.