- Kurt Angle comes out and announces a big top contender match for the PAPE with Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins. I'd have that go an hour.
- Roman Reigns is the star of this segment, which has the tired old one-by-one entrance.
- They brawl all over the place. Finn Balor would do a front dropkick to the outside of the ring during a brawl
- Angle makes a few matches out of it. This was fine. Really contrived, but fine.
Jeff Hardy (w/ Matt Hardy) defeated Sheamus (w/ Cesaro)
- Sheamus is a BRUTE.
- Jeff Hardy should not have kicked out of the Brogue Knee.
- Sheamus then kicked out of a modified Twist of Fate. Okay
- Interference number one of the night results in a botchfest. Gross.
- Hardy wins.
Alicia Fox (w/ Noam Dar) defeated Sasha Banks
- I'm all for Alicia Fox taking an advanced role in WWE. She's always solid.
- These two have a much better match than the one that preceded it.
- Alicia Fox wins with a Scissors Kick to the back. I like that she hits the move without prejudice to any part of the body.
- I'm down to see these two go at least ten.
- Alicia Fox could be one of the outstanding characters on Raw if allowed to be.
The Miz (w/ Maryse) defeated Dean Ambrose via DQ
- Maryse always looks ready to wrestle.
- This crowd is HOT early on.
- Miz continues his hot in-ring streak. This is really good stuff. Ambrose has to have someone who brings out the best in him, and a good crowd. This is both.
- Ambrose kicks Miz right square in the penis. Graves' explanation of Miz trying to land one is funny.
- Why does Ambrose get his music played after kicking a dude in the PECKER!?
- Universe puns. Those are fun. We get one from Balor.
- Miz is mad about the wiener kicking. He gets a title rematch at Extreme Rules and The Drifter shows up.
- TJP is asking Neville for a title match and Neville doesn't wanna give it to him.
- More good Golden Truth stuff. I like this.
Alexa Bliss promo
- Bliss owns the crowd chanting "what" again. Who are you people? Why do you do it?
- Bliss cuts a nice promo, and Bayley comes out for the contrived "Bayley, you're not good enough" stuff.
- They fight and Bliss cracks her with a singapore cane, to "ECW" chants.
Roman Reigns defeated Finn Balor
- This match was really good, and the offense all made sense.
- I appreciate Reigns adjusting his offense to his opponent's size.
- Balor was great, Reigns was great. The story, selling, the action, all of it.
- Reigns picks up the win.
TJP & Neville defeated Jack Gallagher and Austin Aries
- I really think the Cruiserweight title match should be a multiple person ladder match since Raw won't have one maybe all year.
- TJP had a nice OrtonLock on Aries.
- The crowd chants for Derek Jeter at the end of this match, which was pretty good.
- Goldust beats the crap out of R-Truth. This will probably lead to lower card nothingness.
- Goldust can be great. If he'll be permitted to be, I don't know.
Big Cass (w/ Enzo) defeated Titus O'Neil (w/ Apollo Crews)
- Titus mocks Enzo and Cass, then Cass reveals Enzo isn't facing Apollo.
- Big Boot, pin.
- Enzo tries to clown Apollo, and gets kicked for it.
Seth Rollins defeated Bray Wyatt via DQ
- I'm glad to see Seth Rollins firing on all cylinders, but if he's jumping all over the place, you have to abandoned the "injured knee" narrative.
- I feel like qualifying matches would have really helped them book Raw for a couple of weeks.
- Samoa Joe attacks Rollins, then Wyatt and Joe double team Rollins.
- Wyatt, because he's a loon, attacks Joe.
- Overall, I'd say this was a pretty decent Raw.
- From The Web