- AJ Styles comes out and lays down the gauntlet, makes an open challenge and John Cena accepts it.
- How is this not the most important title on Smackdown right now?
- Shelton Benjamin, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Tajiri, Lance Storm, Carlito -- I'd like to see a lot of former champions accept these challenges.
- Kevin Owens interrupts, and Rusev attacks. Cena straight up said he was going to go after Styles, too.
Jinder Mahal (w/ Singh Brothers) defeated Tye Dillinger
- This match was super boring, but accomplished a lot of things.
- Dillinger had to get pinned at some point, it could be against far worse than the WWE Champion.
- This was the first fight Mahal has won on his own. That had to happen too, with Punjabi Prison looming.
- It further helped establish his finisher. He also cut a promo after saying he's bringing the prison next week.
Xavier Woods defeated Jey Uso
- The ref wisely ejects everyone.
- Kind of fitting that Xavier won with a move that made his opponent hold the top rope....like Alberto Del Rio.
- Why do the women on Smackdown Live all interrupt other people? Also, Charlotte's gear is ridiculous, and Tamina wasn't good here.
- Who the hell is writing for Corbin and Big Cass?
- Maria is looking for Zayn and gets Chad Gable. Later, Zayn says he's tired of apologizing, and gets SLAPPED and cracked with a vase. Maria has never been better.
Dear God, it's incredible. Sexy Fashion Rangers. This is outstanding. Breeze wears a bra because he's not a hippie. Mojo Rawley is becoming a really pro wrestling actor.
Tamina & Natalya (w/Lana) defeated Charlotte and Becky Lynch
- This is a pretty sloppy match.
- Lana shows up and has a hilariously evil expression on her face.
- We get the "almost close enough to tag" deal.
- Tamina won a match. This HAS to be a record for number of times Tamina's theme has been played in a month
AJ Styles & John Cen defeated Kevin Owens & Rusev
- John Cena is playing the babyface in peril to set up an AJ Styles hot tag. I definitely never pictured that in 2007
- Ah, the Aaron Judge shoehorned reference. It didn't even make sense. JBL just said "LIKE AARON JUDGE"
- AJ Styles vs. Rusev could be fun in the future.
- A nice hot tag leads to a Cena/Styles win. Cena shows Styles respect.
- A very mediocre Smackdown, which is a shame. Both Raw and Smackdown were underwhelming this week.