- The Erick Rowan gimmick is a perfect encapsulation of the laziness in a lot of WWE writing. Lazy.
- As is tradition, Sami Zayn unscripted is a very likeable guy.
Tye Dillinger defeated Aiden English
- JBL talking about Aiden English crying is a little uncomfortable
- English singing during the match was kind of funny.
- This was a very standard match for the first six or so minutes, but it's nice to see a little bit of English's offense.
- The finish of the match was fun and a little different since we haven't seen much of that English offense.
- I love the new Tyebreaker
Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Dolph Ziggler
- It was a good idea to hold Nakamura off for PPV
- Had Ziggler been protected at all on TV, this would have been even better.
- There was a sweet sleeper suplex reversal where Ziggler superkicked the back of Nakamura's head.
- Ziggler took Nakamura's finish as good as anyone ever has.
Smackdown Tag Team Championship
The Usos (c) defeated Breezango
- Tyler Breeze is mopping the apron, while wearing a janitorial outfit.
- I'm not sure why the referee is allowing this, but I'm having a good time.
- The visual of Jey Uso knocking Breeze's glasses off was great.
- This is a turd-level indy match and I couldn't possibly enjoy it more
- Breeze is dressing up like a grandma. The crowd loves it.
- I'm havin' fun, Byron!
- There was a sick/weird looking DDT from Fandango.
- The Usos are great at playing the straight men in this comedy spot.
- Motivated Fandango > Motivated BJ Penn. He hits a big Tope con hilo. Wow!
Sami Zayn defeated Baron Corbin
- This is the right type of matchup for both men.
- Zayn and Corbin beat the hell out of each other.
- Everything one guy gave, they also took. This was violent.
- Corbin scores with a big chokeslam backbreaker, which is cool.
- They really turn it up, they're giving their all. This is really good.
- A Deep Six hits, which should finish a lot of people.
- Sami Zayn wins! Wow. Hell of a match. Didn't see that coming.
- The Singh Brothers lay down a carpet. If not for Mahal's "YOU PEOPLE" line, I'd have liked this. He did well, and WWE let him look into the camera cutting the old Hassan/Daivari promo.
Welcoming Committee (w/ James Ellsworth) defeated Becky Lynch, Naomi & Charlotte
- Our hog is an awesome hog, he reigns at Allstate Arena/
- Becky's hair is something.
- Naomi hits a SOLID cross body press.
- Really though, James Ellsworth is so good.
- This match isn't, it's a mess.
- Natalya very clearly doesn't kick out of a prawn pin.
- Natalya wins with a Sharpshooter.
United States Championship
Kevin Owens (c) defeated AJ Styles via countout
- Owens has slimmed down a lot.
- KO was pretty stiff on a few senton bombs.
- I can't believe Styles can hit an inverted powerbomb and Ushigoroshi on KO.
- Owen's neckbreaker over the knee is baller.
- There are so many cool spots in this match, it's hard to nail down.
- KO and Styles were made for each other.
- Apron suplex, super fisherman's buster, Pele kick, it doesn't stop.
- The announcer's table spot was so clever, and exactly what I'd expect from them.
- One of the best countout finishes I've ever seen.
Luke Harper defeated Erick Rowan
- These guys beat each other up with all they have, and I was hoping for an embrace at the end.
- Rowan has improved a lot. He's always working to expand his offense.
- A nice suicide dive spot by Harper, a nice powerbomb by Rowan.
- It's a shame Harper, Rowan and Wyatt couldn't stay healthy at the same time.
- Discus chest bump for the win. Ok
Jinder Mahal (w/ Singh Brothers) defeated Randy Orton
- Remember, John Cena is back on July 4. The fourth of July. Independence Day. America's Independence Day. The United States one.
- Good call to start this match out aggressively
- Jinder, you can't swoon me with a top wristlock, no matter how hard you try. #CatchAsCatchCan
- WWE really fetishizes this style in their top championship programs.
- Randy Orton almost kills a Bollywood Boy.
- Can't say this isn't in line with his booking. Jinder Mahal has yet to win any physical altercation on his own. That's consistent
10- Perfect, 9- Excellent, 8- Great, 7- Good, 6- Above Average, 4-5- Average, 3 or below: Poor